Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: My Girlfriend... [Re: learysprotoge]
    #6494361 - 01/25/07 12:23 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

learysprotoge said:
Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:
If you decide to do shrooms with your girlfriend... I suggest making it about the positive experience of shrooms, and using it to grow... rather than trying to bring focus on negative issues you want to resolve.

If there is a particular problem your girlfriend is having trouble exploring psychologically, I would recommend MDMA above shrooms. Shrooms are better for improving your balance than correcting your imbalances, IMO. Preventative medicine.

MDMA can be really good for a problem like this.
The problem alot of times can be that the pillds are not MDMA or MDA, but meth.
I've done alot of research on the healing capabilities or psychedelaics.

Agreed. Absolutely get a test kit, and make sure you have pure MDMA.

Quote:

IMO its a great tool, if ueed in the right cicumstances.
I undestand how some would say that letting her just trip recrrationaly may be best.
But I feel that if you know what your doing (wich im not sayin I do)
Then you can help guide it in a right direction..
Ive seen this done by some old hippies that would helo each other out in bad trips.
If something negatinve came up they'd talk in a way that would point the guy in the right direction.
After the did this he seemed really happy to have this new way of looking at it.
However I dont know if this psychedelic resolution lasted after the trip.
I do feel that a trained psychotherapist or something simialar would best the hippys though:)..

I think MDMA is a good drug to use because it makes the using individual feel additionally spontaneous. An individual has the confidence while on MDMA to confront difficult issues very easily. It is very easy to be comfortable with your own mind on MDMA.

One important thing with MDMA is to have a very comfortable emotional space to use the drug, as to avoid much emotional retraction (post-use regret can easily become very severe if the trip had dis-favorable memories).

Emotional overextension inevitably can only be directly controlled by the user of the mind. This makes it easy to see why it can be a good thing to have a person there to communicate with them and pace them, preferably someone with knowledge in psychology. (either Traditional or Psychedelic, at this point in time each is equilikely to lack the necessary knowledge of the other)

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMindGorilla
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: My Girlfriend... [Re: learysprotoge]
    #6494363 - 01/25/07 12:24 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Setting is everything, you need something that would be cozy, I don't recommended sitting in a basement or small and confined.

As far as doing them with your girlfriend, you should not let her do them by herself. Maybe you should eat a small dose too, so you can really connect and get more of that "bonding" that you get when on shrooms.

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

Re: My Girlfriend... [Re: MindGorilla]
    #6495428 - 01/25/07 12:10 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

hmm good point on the small dose for yourself.

but i agree with one of the posters who said you shouldnt act as psychedelic psychotherapist.

be the boyfriend who guides her through the journey and stays silent (maybe adding comforting words like go with the flow) to let her work out her issues.

give her a dose you think is suitable based on your experience.

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
Re: My Girlfriend... [Re: evolprim]
    #6495982 - 01/25/07 03:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Many of my thoughts on this have been expressed already: consider MDMA, take a low dose yourself, act more as a comforting presence than as a therapist.

I'd just like to add that dosage is also a variable. On a low dose (or on MDMA), I guess it would be okay to go through some issues with her if she wants to. If the first trip goes well, and she wishes to try it again, up the dose if she's comfortable with the idea. In that case, it's better to just let the trip happen (and still take a low dose yourself). Read this lovely account of a solo trip that unexpectedly solved a very long depression.

The best of luck to you, you seem like a very caring boyfriend. :heart:

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
Re: My Girlfriend... [Re: Aldous]
    #6496006 - 01/25/07 03:57 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

And look at this post too...

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: My Girlfriend... [Re: Aldous]
    #6496130 - 01/25/07 04:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'd advise against practicing psychotherapy without a license.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds