Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCryptix
Psilocybian
Male User Gallery

Loc: I love tits
Headaches after tripping?
    #6479957 - 01/20/07 01:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I get the worst headaches I have ever felt after I trip out. During the trip I'm completely fine, but after I come down completely I get really bad headaches that last into the next day usually...

I was just wondering if anyone else gets this and if it's normal, none of my friends get it.

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery
consists not in seeing new landscapes,
but in having new eyes."

"Small doses suck dogs cocks, smoke that shit until the elves piss in your eyes. " -Hanky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSilent_Echo
~~Psychonaut~~

Loc: Inside My Head
Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: Cryptix]
    #6479974 - 01/20/07 01:56 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Um, unless there are other issues here i would think it is being caused by dehydration..i have experienced this quite a few times after shrooming in the woods or something, when i didn't drink any water...i came down and felt like i was drained and had a headache..

Every since then it hasn't happened because i realized what was causing it, and i started to carry water with me if i was out (never happened at the house because i had water right there). When i was out in the woods or something i wouldn't have anything to drink, and of course your heart is beating pretty fast, and you are moving around alot, hiking through the woods, so it came as pretty obvious to me. This may not be your issue, but it could help.

Sometimes you have to force yourself to drink also, as you forget you even need water, but your body is working hard and needs water to stay hydrated. Also another tip is that if you drink lots of water all day (don't get hydro-toxicity or anything) before you trip, and see how that goes.

Hope you figure it out..

-= Silent Echo =-

--------------------
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.
-Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: Silent_Echo]
    #6479983 - 01/20/07 02:01 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

You gotta remember you've been poisoned.

I get headaches after I eat an 1/8th or so .. sometimes..

everyones different..

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: Cepheus]
    #6480009 - 01/20/07 02:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Poisoned? when is this myth going to subside? How could anyone believe this madness?

I'm with the first guy...stay hydrated.

OfflineCryptix
Psilocybian
Male User Gallery

#6480010 - 01/20/07 02:12 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

fair enough, ill try drinking some water

--------------------
but in having new eyes."

"Small doses suck dogs cocks, smoke that shit until the elves piss in your eyes. " -Hanky

Offlinehjalmar
chemist, autist
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Belgica Secunda
    #6480148 - 01/20/07 03:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yep that should help alot.

I used to have headaches too but infrequently. If alcohol was consumed after the psychedelic experience, things were of course made worse.

OfflineMarleryCatooOO
Attained Insight
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, U.S.
Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: hjalmar]
    #6480154 - 01/20/07 03:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I have a bunch of people that i know that have bad hangovers after tripping. Me usually i dont get anything, i guess im luck :biggrin:

--------------------
:yinyang: *Good Vibes* :yinyang:

Offlinetheleoj
Stranger
    #6480158 - 01/20/07 03:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Me and a few of my friends also have the problems. For me the headaches were annoying but they were never bad enough to cause anything other then slight discomfort. One of my friends though, got a very bad headache after he tripped for the first time. It was so bad he is very weary about trying shrooms again because he wants to avoid the headache.

I will try drinking water before and during my next trip and see if that helps. To me it defiantly seems like dehydration could be the cause.

Offlinehjalmar
chemist, autist

Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: theleoj]
    #6480185 - 01/20/07 03:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

At least drink some water before you go to sleep.

OfflineLinuxman
PsychoactiveResearcher

#6480328 - 01/20/07 04:49 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

My hangover turned into a cold and now I'm miserable.. There's always next week!

--------------------
"We can't stop here man, this is bat country"
"There is acid in the beer in the red cups"

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: fazdazzle]
    #6480361 - 01/20/07 04:59 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fazdazzle said:
Poisoned? when is this myth going to subside? How could anyone believe this madness?

I'm with the first guy...stay hydrated.

well I know that psilocybin is dephosorilzed in the liver into psilocin, which then mimics serotonin and is uptaken and then binds to certain serotonin receptors causing the 'psychedelic' effects...

I figured that psilocybin was the mushrooms defense mechanism against natural predators - hence why I said poisoned.

In a way ingesting any mind altering substance is poisoning yourself.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineCryptix
Psilocybian
Male User Gallery

#6481389 - 01/21/07 12:08 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

well i hope water will help out because the headache was so bad I think it might turn me off from tripping, or at least tripping frequently

--------------------
but in having new eyes."

OfflineNeuroticTrip
PrefrontalCortex
    #6481442 - 01/21/07 12:27 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

aManEater said:
In a way ingesting any mind altering substance is poisoning yourself.

Okay, then what about foods that promote different chemical changes in your body? I.e. turkey and chicken I believe promote serotonin production. Does that make them poisonous?

Very bad word to apply to such an incredible substance. Calling shrooms poisonous makes every person on this forum an ascetic, and I don't think most people would appreciate that. :smile:

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: NeuroticTrip]
    #6481758 - 01/21/07 06:30 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Im my mushroom identification book, psilocybe * is listed as poisonous.

Psilocybin is a poison we abuse, just like those toads and their 5-MeO-DMT ..

Natural defense mechanism, stops animals from eating them.

--------------------

Free Spore Ring Europe

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6481854 - 01/21/07 08:11 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I get headaches too sometimes after tripping. Besides drinking water, during the trip don't forget to pee (it may sound funny but you can be so caught up in tripping that you don't realize you need to pee) and take full breaths. The reason I'm saying that is because all of these affect your physical condition..
Another reason for the headaches could be that you already have a high blood pressure and of course that while tripping the blood pressure increases and that could also cause you head aches. Try doing head massages before you take mushrooms... it wouldn't hurt if you massage your head on regular basis.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinehjalmar
chemist, autist

Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6482324 - 01/21/07 12:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Okay, then what about foods that promote different chemical changes in your body? I.e. turkey and chicken I believe promote serotonin production. Does that make them poisonous?

Although I also wouldn't use the word poisoning, there is a great difference between L-tryptophan in food as an *essential* amino acid promoting serotonin production, and psilocin binding to the 5HT2A receptor.

But poisoning for me is having ingested a substance that is harmful to the body, thus having a certain toxicity.

Of course I can see that it isn't easy to draw the line here. Eg. what is the difference between alcohol inebriation and alcohol poisoning, as this compound damages the body organs and nerve fat tissue very fast.

Psilocybin isn't harmful to the body in normal doses, but it can be harmful to the psyche in certain cases, so I guess you can call that poisoning too?

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
    #6482390 - 01/21/07 01:01 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I get them all the tipe after a trip, and i drink close to 2 liters of water before, during, and after the trip. It starts as soon as i notice the trip is fading. It starts at my neck and shoulders, moves up my brain stem, and into the top of my head, then down into my eyes, and sits there as a pulsing pressure.

I have started to do streches and relaxation methods to ease the tension in my back. But some time i still end up curled in a ball in a dark corner of my room. I take 5HTP after the trips, smoke a bowl and try to meditate, which helps some what. I have also been diagnosed with chronic headaches, and Migrane w/ Aural. I also have tight tendons and muscles, and scholiosis. Meh, the pain has become almost part of the experiance, so to each his own. :smirk:

Quote:

aManEater said:
Im my mushroom identification book, psilocybe * is listed as poisonous.

Psilocybin is a poison we abuse, just like those toads and their 5-MeO-DMT ..

Natural defense mechanism, stops animals from eating them.

I doubt many books outside of the scientific community actually lable Psilocybes, Amanitas, Pannalious, or any other active mushroom as Psycadelic. Most simply say poisionous just to prevent idiots and those whom have the ability from getting any bright ideas.

And i do agree that they are a self defense mechinism, along with MHRB, pot, Datura, HBWR, and every other plant, fungus, or animal. But  while some are not "posionus" all of them are deterants.

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Besides drinking water, during the trip don't forget to pee (it may sound funny but you can be so caught up in tripping that you don't realize you need to pee) and take full breaths. The reason I'm saying that is because all of these affect your physical condition..

Very good point, i have noticed that i "forget" to pee ALOt when tripping. I drink alot of water out of habbit, and i start to become very uncomfortable, and the trip starts to feel like is trunin on me, then i remeber, "OH MY GOD I HAVE TO PEE!" After that the trip picks right back up. Usually.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

OfflineThreePieceSuit
disastrophe
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast of Canada
    #6482478 - 01/21/07 01:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
It wouldn't hurt if you massage your head on regular basis.

Unintentionally hilarious. In the signature it goes.

Quote:

ThirdEyeOpening said:
But while some are not "posionus" all of them are deterants.

Personally I think pot has psychoactive qualities because that offered it a benefit in terms of survival. However, not as a deterrent. I am of the opinion that mutations making the bud large, smelly and pleasant to ingest afforded the cannibis plant the ability to have its seeds distributed by animals (and humans!), kinda like an apple tree producing an apple helped it to distribute its seeds.

Animals enjoy eating pot, and many an outdoor grow has been ruined by them.

This is my opinion.

--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

Edited by ThreePieceSuit (01/21/07 01:39 PM)

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: ThreePieceSuit]
    #6482672 - 01/21/07 02:22 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ThreePieceSuit said:

Personally I think pot has psychoactive qualities because that offered  it a benefit in terms of survival. However, not as a deterrent. I am of the opinion that mutations making the bud large, smelly and pleasant to ingest afforded the cannibis plant the ability to have its seeds distributed by animals (and humans!), kinda like an apple tree producing an apple helped it to distribute its seeds.

Animals enjoy eating pot, and many an outdoor grow has been ruined by them.

This is my opinion.

I could agree with you on this especially with regards to the outdoor grows. But my opinon would be that it is more of a "treat" for the animals more than there usual diet. though that could not really be proven since he animals arent in an environment where pot could become part of there daily diet.

And that the seeds would have to pass through the digestive systems of several species. And have the seed evolved to the point of passing unharmed through a deer or a human?

But im no doc by any means, this is just what has come to my head :grin:

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Offlinepapixx
trumz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #6482682 - 01/21/07 02:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I had the biggest headache the next day and I had a hockey game at 1:30pm. I was sitting ont he bench and thought my head was about to explode through my helmet.

--------------------
''Nothing lasts but nothing is lost''

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: ThreePieceSuit]
    #6482683 - 01/21/07 02:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ThreePieceSuit said:
Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
It wouldn't hurt if you massage your head on regular basis.

Unintentionally hilarious. In the signature it goes.

:lol:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineNeuroticTrip
PrefrontalCortex
    #6483905 - 01/21/07 07:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

New theory on the headaches...
You're exercising, intensively, areas of the brain you ordinarily don't use as heavily. The headache is caused by the brain increasing blood in that area in order to bring oxygen and nutrients (glucose, etc.) to the area for all those new synapses.

Offlinesms_sms
Wanderer
Male

Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: NeuroticTrip]
    #7196716 - 07/19/07 08:36 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting theory. I saw this thing on TV about your brain when youre growing up. Basically use it or lose it. There was someone who didnt get any speech stimulation and she ended up never speaking...
Maybe you get them cos you dont use that part of the brain very often.
Has anyone who gets them noticed theyre not as bad or gone after tripping many times, maybe getting used to it?

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Headaches after tripping? [Re: sms_sms]
    #7197909 - 07/19/07 01:24 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i always had the headaches. someone called them "stress headaches". it's not a headache i usually get, it feels like i've been up all night studying math or something. a really thick head. i think it's just that your mind isn't used to process all those signals that are coming in under shrooms without the filters. often while tripping i feel like i could fill several books with the thoughts i have.

that's the mental side to it. dunno about the physical. may be related to blood pressure and heart rate changes. although i don't think water consumption has got anything to do with. you SHOULD drink a lot of water before drinking alcohol because liquor makes you lose a lot of fluids. drinking water before alcohol reduces headaches in the morning.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order