Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Left Coast Kratom Shop: Premium Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: The first black president... [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #6478164 - 01/19/07 08:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I want to give an example of what I am talking about here.

When you read Obamas speach to the President on Iraq, that I posted in the link above, it sounds extremly "PC"

Now read Nadar's letter to the President, hot off the Press on Iraq. Its a "cut the BS aside", raw from his own gut, practical experiences and common senses approach. Perot spoke with the same approach.

http://www.nader.org/template.php?/archives/1139-Open-Letter-to-President-Bush-1-19-07.html#extended

When I see a candidate that comes across way to PC, I see puppet potential at best.

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHouse
Stranger
Re: The first black president... [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #6490708 - 01/23/07 08:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Can he be even considered black? He definately looks like he has some white in him. I'm mixed and don't consider myself singly any race.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: The first black president... [Re: House]
    #6491217 - 01/23/07 11:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

He is half white. You can learn more about him at his web-site. I posted a link to it in a reply above.

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibleirascible_raunch
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The first black president... [Re: Brainiac]
    #6492854 - 01/24/07 02:07 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Isn't his full name Barack Hussein Obama? He probably won't be president, another white dude will take over in '08. I was too young to vote in the last presidential election, so I'm excited for this next one. Even if my vote barely counts.

Invisibleirascible_raunch
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The first black president... [Re: pokermush]
    #6492864 - 01/24/07 02:09 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pokermush said:
Quote:

Brainiac said:
I thank his name Barack Obama will be his down fall.It just sounds too Mid-East for some people, Because it hasn't being long enough since 9/11 happen.

His full name is Barak Hussein Obama.

Oops, shit.  Didn't read that far.  :tongue:

Offlinepokermush
Waterboardingmyself toprotect America!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Utah
Re: The first black president... [Re: irascible_raunch]
    #6495602 - 01/25/07 11:39 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I have no problem whatsoever voting for, or contributing to, a black, white, indian, latin, or whatever. It doesn't affect my vote either way.

In my opinion, it is just as bad to be more likely to vote FOR someone because of race, as it would be to vote against someone because of his race. Anyone who is more likely to vote for Obama because he is black, is a racist. I am offended that much of the discussion by Obama and supporters seems to try to use his race to garner support.

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
    #6497977 - 01/25/07 11:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

http://spikedhumor.com/articles/80178/CNN_Debunks_False_Obama_Madrassa_Smear.html

"Fox News and other conservative outlets have been playing up a report that Barack Obama attended an Islamic madrassa school in Indonesia as a boy. CNN sent a correspondent to the school and found the claims were completely untrue."

yea...I'm not surprised,here comes loads and loads of BS from the lefties and right.

--------------------

OfflineHouse
Stranger
Re: The first black president... [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #6508615 - 01/29/07 02:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I still wouldn't consider him the first black president if he wins. He is as much white as he is black.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #6509044 - 01/29/07 05:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pokermush said:
I am offended that much of the discussion by Obama and supporters seems to try to use his race to garner support.

Politics is a dirty offensive game...both sides cheat and the winner always has blood on his hands...

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: The first black president... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6512062 - 01/30/07 11:48 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
If theres anything the last 6 years of the Bush Administration has taught me, a staunch yellow-dog Democrat, its that having a guy from your party in power is the most important thing, whether you agree with him 100% on every issue or not.

Thats why I'll support Obama. I may not agree with him on all the issues, and I may think that his leadership abilities are suspect. But he *IS electable. And that is the most important quality that he posesses in the eyes of many of us. The very fact that he can win.

Hillary cant say the same. While I am not personally opposed to a Hillary presidency, there are legions of people who are and who will not vote for her under any circumstances, no matter how well her campaign is run. As someone earlier in the thread said, if the DNC puts up Hillary, its suicide.

However, I dont think thats a big worry. The people in power in the Democratic party WANT to win. Those of us in the base are incredibly hungry to finally win a victory, especially after two close calls. I've only been voting for 7 years, and this will be my third presidential election, and we've come so close the last two times that its driving me crazy.

Obama can win, and thats why I'll vote for him.

this is exactly what is wrong with politics in america today. specially on the liberal side in these last few years. do whatever it takes, vote whoever it takes, to take control away from republicans. who cares that we won't do anything once we get power, we'll worry about that later once we have it. all dems ever do is complain complain complain, and never offer solid solutions; bunch of whiny cunts if you ask me. nut up and take a stand on an issue or two, rather than just pandering to hippy celebrity freaks in this country.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Left Coast Kratom Shop: Premium Bali Kratom Powder