Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenugjug
Wanderer

What is acid like
    #6477833 - 01/19/07 07:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I am getting ready to go drop some acid that is in gel caps with this hot chick from work. I've never done acid. I've only tripped mushrooms. The most I've consumed at any one time is 4 grams.

I was just wondering what I should expect to be different with the acid versus shrooms. She says you trip for like 8 hours. Was wondering about how much of that is peak. I think she also wants to go to a club or something. I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle that while I'm tripping.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: What is acid like [Re: nugjug]
    #6477841 - 01/19/07 07:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

nugjug said:
I am getting ready to go drop some acid that is in gel caps

Not acid.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
    #6477882 - 01/19/07 07:35 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Its almost impossible to describe an LSD trip, or compare it to a mushroom trip, let alone over the internet

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: What is acid like [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6477908 - 01/19/07 07:40 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Koala Koolio said:
Quote:

nugjug said:

Not acid.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh smack!

Hes pretty much right unless you are talking about geltabs instead of gel-caps.

That sucks.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: What is acid like [Re: yageman]
    #6477927 - 01/19/07 07:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Acid is something like ..... (repost of an old trip report of mine)..

But well, in short - a short thing first..

-t+15 - first alert, something is up, but not tripping
-t+30 - body jitters, energy rushes, face feels weird
-t+40 - starting to (or already have) minor visual distortions
-T+1h - already at peak, or damn near close - mind racing, confusion, manic feeling, dont know what to do with your body, visuals kicking into high gear - melting, warping, patterns
-t+1.5 - peak #2, I find LSD has 2 peaks for me, one at 1hr, then a slightly stronger one at 1.5hr
- for hours 1.5-4 or so - mild peaks and dips, manic feeling, confusion, bliss, euphoria, ego loss, world is melting around you, depending on your dose - cant even see your body. Music sounds stellar, forms in the most fantastic visuals in your mind, CEVs or OEVs
- at around 3-4 hours - a flip gets swithced in my head, I now feel sober, like 'this is how reality is meant to be', lots of energy, confusion gone, manic feeling gone, I feel very much 'with it'
- hour 5-6 : peak starts to decline, but still solidly tripping, you will have a gradual comedown for about the next 6 hours, and for me - I'll still be 'mini-tripping' until I get a solid nights sleep - great afterglow.

Now, for the LONG ---- this is my longest trip report I've written I think, but for me, its probably the closest I can sum up an acid trip for me.....

I wasn’t initially planning on writing a trip report for this, as no amount of words – not even volumes of text could come close to portraying this experience for what it was. This expierence pretty much shattatered my ideas of what LSD can go, how far it can take you, what reality is an the concept of self – and blew it to pieces. I am mostly writing this to make sense of some details for myself.

For the visuals – I wont go into much about those. Its not that they were not present – they were there, in spades, simply the most amazing, beautiful, complex, mind blowing visuals I have ever seen – I had no concept that beauty like that could be created before me. However, at the same time – even though the visuals were like a cleansing of the soul to see – it was one of the least important / amazing aspects of the trip. I know understand what stemmer means by ‘visuals are not that important’.

The trip starts as the ‘trip that didn’t happen’. Initially, I was planning on dropping 2 hits of this LSD at a club to see some of my favorite DJs. However, once getting to the club, things just didn’t feel ‘right’. It was new blotter, I had 2 hits with me – no clue how strong it was except that ‘it’s supposed to be good’. My initial plan was to drop at around midnight/1am, so I could go for a hike in the morning after the party was over. However, I decided ‘something doesn’t feel right. Its too crowded, too pushy, too clausterphobic in here, and no place to sit if I needed to’, so I decided to spend the night sober, goto bed when I get home, and drop acid once I woke up and go for a hike – and let me tell you. I am *VERY* happy that I did this.

So, I wake up at around noon and get things ready – and decide to add a 3rd hit of LSD to the mix, thinking ‘maybe being in my hot pocket all night lowered the potency of my hits’ – I also grabbed some mushrooms (which I ended up not taking) in case the LSD ended up being weak and I wanted something to bump things up a notch.

Anyways, I ended up dropping at around 1pm, wait around my house for 30 mins, and then start walking towards some paths that I wanted to explore. I had gone for a hike there a few days before, so already had a good idea of the lay of the land and it wasn’t going to be forgin territory for me.

The LSD is starting to kick in more and more as I walk along – coming up strong but enjoyable. I was in an amazing mindset, looking forward to a ‘nice walk in the park’ – but totatly unprepared for the expierence I was in for. I arrive at a nice little cove that I had seen before, lay out a blanket, open up my bottle of water take a swig, then lay back and enjoyed the music. I was sounded by tree’s and grass and lush foliage and by a river – very pretty area.

This is when the LSD started to peak – and peak it did! The clouds started to look fantastic, like blobs of gas floating in the sky, the tree’s started to dance and form people, faces, patterns, grids, other worlds. As I sat there, I started to become aware of /every/ cell in my body – it was as if I could visualize and plot in 3D space every cell in me – and be aware of them, conscious of them – I had never been so aware of my entire being in my life.

On LSD, I have often gotten the feeling that I am ‘peaking towards something’ – a steady increase that you never quite reach. However, today – I peaked, I reached it – and it was amazing. While sitting there, I clutched onto my legs and curled up into a ball – the world around me turned into a blazing white and I could feel my energy vibrating through me – more and more intensly. Then, *BOOM* -- it exploded, it was as if every cell in me exploded and drifted into a sea of other particles – forming fractals and patterns, and I could see each cell of me drift along into this flowing river – I felt exhilarated. It wasn’t scary, it was intense – but amazing.

After this happened, I got up and moved to another location, and put on Richie Hawtin: DE9 – Transitions on my iPOD and moved to another location. This time, it was on a bit of a ‘beach’ overlooking a river. I unpacked my things again and sat there cross legged and upright – feeling the energy inside of me align. I started to take deep breaths and focus, and could feel my energy flowing around me. I was lost in the music, this CD is like a journey – if you listen to it from start to end, its like it takes you on a journey, tells you a message and helps you reflect upon your life. I sat there, over looking the water, I leaned forward and put my hands onto the ground. Then, thousands of little dots started to form before me – and swell up ‘into me’ – these dots ended up forming who I was, what I was, just this giant swell of energy. The CD I was listening to was starting to get ‘intense’ and ‘scary’ – I was close to turning it off, but realized “No, I need to listen to it”, I knew what part of the set it was at, and where it was going – so I waited it out, feeling all this energy build and swell inside of me. Bringing up fears, anxieties, doubts – and then, the tone of the set changed, and became relaxing, calm, peacefull – and all of these ‘dots’ that and formed me – flowed out from my hands, across the sand, into the water, upto the shore bank across from me and into the plants – and it was like they formed strings for the most amazing surrealist puppet show – I could control the world, reality was mine to toy with, to play with, I could control the visuals across from me as they were a part of me, they came from me.

Eventually, I leaned back and closed my eyes and enjoyed the CEVs – I don’t remember much of them, but one thing I do recall, is as DE9: Transitions comes to an end, it was like the visuals it formed formed into a little ‘thank you’ visual, like a closed box with a message on the front. But, this isn’t the ‘end’ of the set. Well, it’s the end of the CD version, but I was listening to the extended version – after this box closed up and showed its message, it opened up into a laughing face – and its like the entire set went into rewind like a little in-joke. At this point, I noticed a homeless person walk past me, he went into the distance for a bit, and then he came back, as he started to come back I packed up my items and resumed my walking.

At this point, the set starts with some vocals “are you happy with your life? Are you happy with who you are?” etc, etc – and it really made me start to question my own life. I Then reached down into my back pack and it started to talk about ‘posession make who you are, are you happy…’ as I looked at my cell phone, my wallet, all the things that are ‘me’ or connect me to the real world. Then, as I put my backpack back on, it said “Now make your choice, make a transition”, as I looked in one direction – I saw the homeless man, as I looked in the other direction – I saw the city, and it dawned on me at how easy it is to lose everything, and how little separates me from the homeless.

I start to wander up and down the paths, now and then people on bikes would startle me – I am glad I wasn’t in an area with roads and street traffic, as even trying to figure out if any bikes were heading my way was tricky enough, let alone trying to figure out traffic lights. Truth be told, I think I was ‘too far gone’ to be alone, but at the same time : I needed to be alone, I couldn’t of handled that experience with other people around me.

I wandered up the path a bit, and ended up walking under a bridge that the subway goes over – the rattling and clattering of the subway created the most unpleasant synthenasia, as it felt like pins were being thrust through my body – it was a neat sensation, but unpleasant, and not on I look to relive.

I wandered up this way a bit more, then turn back and start walking down the other route of the path, figuring I havnt explored south of here yet. So I start walking down, as I walk down, I see a cove that I think ‘wow, that would be nice to sit in for abit’, so I duck into it, and as I bend over to pull things out of my backpack, I see a bunch of used needles laying around – I quickly leave, and find it funny at how what I see as a ‘neat spot’, is a junkies spot to shoot up and leave their needles around. My nature is someone elses gutter.

I wander around for a bit more, and it starts to dawn on me the patterns that people follow,, and pretty much regardless of peoples age, status in life, money, gender, etc – have a ‘home base’ that they run out of. Homeless, children, whatever. I noticed this again when I walked though a petting zoo on my way home, watching kids run towards their parents, then run off and explore a bit, then run back to their parents. The homless do this, from their camps out where I was exploring (I Had stumbled across them the week or two before), to my own wanderings. For a business person, its from work to business to work to business, for students, school to home – its all the same, the same pattern, and very little divides us : just a bit of money, and maybe education

It was now about 5 hours into my trip and I decide to head home for a short bit. I pop into a corner store and grab a freezee and an ice drink and manage to pay for it easily enough. I get into my apartment, and on the way up the stairs I trip over a telephone cord – and I start to almost lose it. I panic, I don’t know what floor I’m on, what building I’m in, where my apartment is – everything looks strange and forgin, I start to panic. I find what I think is my floor, but it feels like I’m 10 feet tall in a 5ft tall hallway, I put my keys into the door – it works! But I’m still not convinced that its my apartment, I burst in : I don’t recognize ANYTHING, I panic, I run into the living room – and there my boyfriend is, sprawled out on the couch snoring. I’m home, but my mind is still racing, I’m still all flustered and confused. I sit down, open my drink, take a sip, open my freezee – eat a bit. I cant handle being in this room, its so small, cramped, dirty, cluttered.

I decide to take a shower and hop into the shower. I turn it on, and feel the water hitting my body – it feels like my body is ‘dripping’ off of me along with the water. I look at my hands and arms, I don’t see them, I see black with brightly coloured lines flowing over top and dripping down the drain. This almost makes me panic, but I get myself to calm down and relax and get amused by this sensation. I decide to turn off the bathroom lights for a bit and enjoy the isolation, I turn off the shower to and lay down in the bottom of the tub – helping myself relax and get back into a ‘good space’.

Shortly after, I get out, try off – and lay on the bed in my living room for a bit. The trip is still raging strong, but I’m starting to feel more and more ‘with it’ again, and decide to go back outside. It takes me a bit to re-gather all my items as I sort of ‘exploded’ into my apartment before – tossing stuff left right and center. But I manage to get everything back in order, and head out.

I wasn’t sure where I was going to go, and foolish me initially thought ‘oh, I only have an hour or two of my trip left, I don’t want to go far’, so I start to walk back towards the 1st park I spent my day at, but then I figured – screw it, I’m going to head out to High Park, so I back track and start to head towards the subway station. On the way there, I ran into a friend of mine that I hadn’t seen in awhile,I told him I was on 3 hits of LSD and he cracks up laughing, we have a short conversation but I’m still feeling frayed and my stutter is even worse than normal, we part ways and I carry on, and it dawns on me how far gone I /still/ was.

I get up to the subway station and pay my fare and head down to wait for the next train, the tiles around me are throbbing and going into patterns and forming cities infront of my eyes. I look down towards the start of the tunnel and see the light from the next train starting to get reflected along the floor, it starts to look like a giant screaming head on the front of a train charging towards me with lights of energy flowing out from it. I get into the train (the real one, once it arrives :P), and find a spot to sit. I get lost looking at various posters on the train, looking at people and lost in thought.

At one point, this guy gets into the train – he bursts towards me and sits down next to me, he startles me so I jump up and move away and stand by the doors. I look towards him and notice he’s very disfigured and looking upset and scared. I start to feel bad for him, and how my reaction to him was possibly the worst reaction I could have had – he’s self conscious enough as is, and he sits down next to me and I burst out of my seat to get away from him. I wanted to apologize, to say sorry, to try and make him feel better – but I simply couldn’t.

I get to my stop and get off and head out of the subway station, I see an old lady at the foot of the stairs with a push cart yelling ‘look! Look! A strong man to help me!’, I find this comical, and head over towards her and help her lift her cart up the stairs – she beams me a smile and says thank you. It felt as if I got a bit of karma back for this after rudely reacting to the man in the subway station.

I start walking towards the park, and catch a glimpse of someone who looks cute in the distance, and its like my ‘hunter’ instinct kicked in and I turn down the street to tail him for a bit, it was just like a primal ‘mating instinct’ or something. It then dawns on me ‘isnt it kind of creepy to be following someone like this? And I have a boyfriend at home…’ I quickly turn back and stop the pursuit of this person. I then start thinking at how people react to things and how we run on impulse, but then how our ego/brains changes how we react. I start to notice this a lot in the people around me, catching them in moments of self doubt. Its like I could see the ‘impusle’ in them, and they about to react to it, then they think about it – and then how that alters their reaction. Its pretty much what I just did, I had the impulse to follow them, but then my ego kicked in and started to change how I reacted to that impulse.

I finally get to the park, and take off down a side dirt trail and star to explore. The world around me is alive, its like I’m walking through a forest of little elves – villages pop up around me, and entities are walking along the bridges, houses, pathways in these villages in the tree’s. It’s a comforting presence, not eerie or scary. Now and then I’d stop at various places to sit and think, the most amazing visuals would unfold before me – cities, towns,. Beautiful vistas. Its like I was thrust into a surrealist painting. If I was to over-hear someone else trying to describe what they saw (and never had seen it myself before), I’d be inclined to say that they were bullshitting and exaggerating the expierence. But, having seen it 1st hand – I almost still don’t belive it.

As I walk along, I start to remember back about how me and my father would go for long walks all the time. We’d go hiking, skiing, go for long walks in the forest – and how at those times, I’d let my imagination run wild in a world of fantasy like I am now. It then started to dawn on me : I don’t remember much of my one grandfather, but what I do remember is – we were always outside. We’d too also go for long walks, go cross country skiing, go hiking. These were all very fond memories, and I almost started to cry thinking about my grandfather I havnt ‘activly’ thought of him in a LONG time, and to think about him, and remember him – it started to bring up all sorts of emotions.

I then started to realize : my grandfather ‘imprinted’ these patterns of going for long walks onto my dad, and my dad has done the same to me – I love going for hikes, walks, exploring and being outdoors. It then started to strike me – I want to be able to do the same for someone else, for some other kid. Since I’m gay, and probably wont adopt, and no plans for kids – it made me think ‘I cant wait until my sister has children, so I can do this with them’.

I also started to reflect back on my parents, on my mom, and my dad, and what amazing people they are, and what good values and traits they instilled into me. I respect them greatly, and find that I am approaching them more and more the older I get. They did an amazing job at raising me, they have lived interesting lives, amazingly intelligent people, and I have the up most respect for them.

I then come across a big hill overlooking a pond with some houses / trees / forest on the other side, I lay down here for a bit, and decide to take off my walkman and enjoy the sounds around me – the kids playing, the birds chirping, nature, and the dull drone of the city in the distance. I spread out my hands on the ground and support myself, I start to feel a pulsing in the ground, and I start to feel energy flowing through my veins – it was as if I could feel the inside of my circulatory system. I look at the ground around me and see vein-like pathways start to cut through the grass – I can see the energy flowing out from me into the earth – I can feel the pulse of the world, I feel connected to everything.

An hour or two passes and I get up and start walking around some more, I get to the bottom of the park and see the lake in the distance, and decide “Why not walk home?”, I cross the street, walk towards the lake front, and then start to follow the shore towards home. I Must say, this is a LONG walk, according to google maps, it was about a 10K walk if you took roads, going along the lake which is jagged and not direct, I’d say it was quite a bit longer. I start to walk home, enjoying seeing people out, the scenery, the lake, the cool breeze. I feel relaxed, energized, alive : I have never felt more ‘alive’ in my life. It wasn’t speedy, it wasn’t pushy, it wasn’t harsh – it was just pure energy in my body.

I walked most of the way home (I hopped on a passing by street car for about 3 blocks as I was starting to get lost, so I took the streetcar to get me into a location that I recognized), and then made it home.

Once inside, my BF informs ‘I just did some mushrooms’. I go onto my computer and listen to music for a bit, and an ex of mine was on MSN and we got talking away and had a great conversation for about an hour. I then goto the living room and start having a long chat with my BF, sharing my thoughts, memories, future hopes, etc. He starts to play a set on his decks and I spend an hour or two dancing around my apartment – it dawns on me at how lucky I am to have him with me. We get along in so many ways, and hell : how many people have a boyfriend/girlfriend that trips with them, doesn’t mind doing drugs, is open to experimentation, and didn’t get pissy when I did 3 hits of LSD and went off for a 10 hour adventure without them, *laugh*.

I start to get restless for the outdoors again, and ask my BF if he wants to come for a walk again. We head back to the trails I explored earlier in the day as they are close to home, we end up walking along some abandoned railroad tracks – he got mesmerized by the planks passing underhim as he got lost in thoughts. Much of the walk we didn’t talk, but when we did talk – it was great. It was nice to have some company, and now I was ‘with it’ enough to be around other people. I really enjoyed the walk : I like walking in general, and was nice to have him with me.

After an hour or two, we came back home – from here on, nothing really noteworthy happened. We chatted a bit, listened to music, and at around 4:00am while still tripping a bit (more just ‘afterglow’ the main part of the trip had ended a few hours before) I went into bed, closed my eyes and fell into a restful sleep.

There is a lot more to this trip that happened, much of it is simply indescribable, other parts I still need to make sense of, other parts are just private and not for me to share. But all I can say is : I am in utter awe of this expierence.

I was expecting a nice ‘LSD trip and a walk in the park’, and not the most powerful, mind blowing, ego shattering psychedelic experience of my life.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #6477930 - 01/19/07 07:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

it's like...WHOA

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlinenugjug
Wanderer

#6477946 - 01/19/07 07:54 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

Koala Koolio said:
Quote:

nugjug said:

Not acid.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh smack!

Hes pretty much right unless you are talking about geltabs instead of gel-caps.

That sucks.

She may have said geltabs and I misunderstood. I won't really know till I get there I guess.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6477969 - 01/19/07 08:01 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

If i was to try and explain an LSD trip, id say that all that is, meaning all matter, energy, and thoughts are all felt and seen ("seen" meaning both visually and through thought) as a large, infinite, fractal-type pattern. All cognitive thinking can be seen bird-eye's, or just all at once, and they form a large pattern, and it is the same pattern that you actually see visually on walls, ceilings, floors, etc.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: What is acid like [Re: kaniz]
    #6477992 - 01/19/07 08:08 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

This is exactly like what kaniz was talking about......well not really...lol.
There are some stunning similarities though considering that this is pure comedy. I dont know if I have ever laughed so hard at something so simple. Just thought id end what kaniz said on a comical note.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-hlSY7Fzw-I

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#6478010 - 01/19/07 08:14 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

haha, I've seen that video before :smile: I can relate to (some) of it :smile: hehe.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#6478027 - 01/19/07 08:17 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

In short though:

- No matter HOW much you read about acid, no matter how many trip reports, essays, research you read, it will be NOTHING like you could possibly expect, and so much better than you could of possibly hoped for.

Hell, even now with ???? acid trips under my belt, Lucy still has a number of tricks up her sleeve that leave me feeling amazed each time I take a trip.

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
    #6478044 - 01/19/07 08:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

are they rlly on lsd :P

--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6478059 - 01/19/07 08:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thats one of the funniest videos i've seen in a long time

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#6478081 - 01/19/07 08:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

much more resonance on every channel of conciousness. a club can be too much, but on half it will be fun and easy.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: What is acid like [Re: Abrainspot]
    #6478083 - 01/19/07 08:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

If you take LSA compared to shrooms... take the feeling that is the difference between the shrooms and LSA feelings... multiply that feeling by 5 times... and that's what it's like!

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: What is acid like [Re: Abrainspot]
    #6478085 - 01/19/07 08:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jst said:
If i was to try and explain an LSD trip, id say that all that is, meaning all matter, energy, and thoughts are all felt and seen ("seen" meaning both visually and through thought) as a large, infinite, fractal-type pattern. All cognitive thinking can be seen bird-eye's, or just all at once, and they form a large pattern, and it is the same pattern that you actually see visually on walls, ceilings, floors, etc.

I really like this guys short way of explaining it... It seems grandiose but thats only because its true and written within a few sentences, by a guy who knows what he is talking about.

The lsd experience really is that ordered. You think, see and hear in common. Its like a fractal. Its also like a hologram where every small part reflects the whole. LSD Is a divine machine that drives another divine machine which is the human brain.

I feel this way about mushrooms, but in an entirely different way. The same way that the visuals are totally different.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6478134 - 01/19/07 08:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for that Yageman, i appreciate it. Even though i contradicted myself from the earlier post lol

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#6478170 - 01/19/07 08:45 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

LSD is sort of like an omnidirectional amplifier in your mind. It allows you to examine any thought you are having in great detail, sometimes without even meaning to.

LSD really puts you in control of the perceptual center of your universe, as you steer your train of thoughts, the LSD rollercoaster drives you exactly where you think about. This makes it very possible to keep control of your trip, and even bring yourself down at will, with a steady mind. It also means by getting inspired by your experience, you will make it more inspirational. Good drug.

It has that same feeling as shrooms of psychedelic intensity, where your inner being is in direct contact with the universe, but it is more intense with LSD per dose. There tends to be less muddled confusion than shrooms- with LSD the confusion is created by the clarity of it all.

Have fun!

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: What is acid like [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6478220 - 01/19/07 08:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Send me some lsd and il be sure to report back what its like.

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: What is acid like [Re: AJ4U]
    #6478477 - 01/19/07 10:14 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

its like the carnival

--------------------

OfflineContinuum
Kid A

#6478492 - 01/19/07 10:19 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Aww, I want some acid :frown:

OfflineCaptTrip
Captain
Male User Gallery
Re: What is acid like [Re: Continuum]
    #6478501 - 01/19/07 10:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I've never done acid. For some reason it scares me to death.

I've even rolled before, and I'm still scared to try acid. I've seen too many people that are permanently fucked up in the head because of acid. :crazy2:

--------------------

:mushroomgrow: Cambodian Grow Log :mushroomgrow:

Offlineudontknowme
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: The Funk Parade
Re: What is acid like [Re: CaptTrip]
    #6478561 - 01/19/07 10:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Those people were most likely like that before LSD.

OfflineCaptTrip
Captain
Male User Gallery
Re: What is acid like [Re: udontknowme]
    #6478578 - 01/19/07 10:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

:rofl:

It's funny, but more than likely it is true.

I use to work with a guy that I swear would have acid flashbacks at random points through the shift. It was always a little creepy to see his eyes glaze over and have a look of confusion, anger, or terror on his face for no reason.

--------------------

:mushroomgrow: Cambodian Grow Log :mushroomgrow:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio
    #6478794 - 01/20/07 12:15 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Have you shroomed before? I can't say out of experience, because I am still hunting down my first acid trip, but almost everyone I've heard indicates that mentally/emotionally or whatever you want to call it, LSD is far easier than shrooms. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

--------------------
!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What is acid like [Re: jewunit]
    #6479202 - 01/20/07 05:49 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I keep saying it is the same
I say that because I have had relatively large and relatively small dosages of both.

they have the same range of effect, with the greatest difference being for LSD you eat almost nothing, and for mushroom you eat a little piece of fungal flesh.

they share the same throne in my mythology.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#6479282 - 01/20/07 07:51 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CaptTrip said:
I've even rolled before, and I'm still scared to try acid. I've seen too many people that are permanently fucked up in the head because of acid. :crazy2:

Myth. Acid won't do that to you, and you'd have to try hard to use acid to do it to yourself.

If you have a respectful- sane- approach to acid, there is no way you will damage yourself with it. You would have to either be extremely stupid about it, or want to hurt yourself, before you were at risk at all.

There is of course the one possibility that you have an underlying mental illness (schizophrenia mainly) that could be brought out by the LSD.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #6479393 - 01/20/07 09:36 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Its a celebration!!!!!

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinenugjug
Wanderer

#6480142 - 01/20/07 03:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:
LSD is sort of like an omnidirectional amplifier in your mind. It allows you to examine any thought you are having in great detail, sometimes without even meaning to.

LSD really puts you in control of the perceptual center of your universe, as you steer your train of thoughts, the LSD rollercoaster drives you exactly where you think about. This makes it very possible to keep control of your trip, and even bring yourself down at will, with a steady mind. It also means by getting inspired by your experience, you will make it more inspirational. Good drug.

It has that same feeling as shrooms of psychedelic intensity, where your inner being is in direct contact with the universe, but it is more intense with LSD per dose. There tends to be less muddled confusion than shrooms- with LSD the confusion is created by the clarity of it all.

Have fun!

That is actually very relatable to what I experienced. It seemed to take forever to get up but once I started to peak it was very enjoyable. It's like it would come on in waves, then things would slow down, we'd smoke a cigarette, talk, and then just lay back and enjoy the trip. Over and over again. Sometimes it would be 10 minutes in between sharing thoughts, and others it was an hour.

Also they were these little clear tabs almost a quarter inch square.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6480191 - 01/20/07 03:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:
Quote:

CaptTrip said:

Myth. Acid won't do that to you, and you'd have to try hard to use acid to do it to yourself.

If you have a respectful- sane- approach to acid, there is no way you will damage yourself with it. You would have to either be extremely stupid about it, or want to hurt yourself, before you were at risk at all.

There is of course the one possibility that you have an underlying mental illness (schizophrenia mainly) that could be brought out by the LSD.

Word up brother.

kaniz; that trip report was amazing; you described it way better than I ever could. Beautiful man, very inspiring.

nugjug, glad you had an enjoyable brother, may there be many more to come!

:sunny:

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: What is acid like [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6480251 - 01/20/07 04:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

There are alot of LSD vs. Shrooms threads, but I would say acid is speedy, has a strong strobing effect and things happen in flashes, like consciousness is fragmented and projected onto the world around you in strobbing flashes, and it is very inanimate. Although it is very powerful in a way it is a bit sober as there is a fair amount of clarity, emotions are not as out of control as with shrooms, and it doesn't feel as alien. It's more like exploring the giant supercomputer that is your brain than some crazy parallel reality.

More complexity and infinity, more stimulated feeling, less alien presence, probobly more existential, and more flashy perception.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineLinuxman
PsychoactiveResearcher

Re: What is acid like [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #6480320 - 01/20/07 04:47 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It creeps up on you like a stalker in the night and then takes hold. When the trip finally starts it feels like your whole body is a beam of light as if you could absorb pure joy into yourself. Everything you look at changes lights become brighter almost hard to look at. colors and shapes melt and retract all around you. Things you see everyday you see in an entirely new way like a blind fold being lifted.. After that you come down and life sucks again...

--------------------
"We can't stop here man, this is bat country"
"There is acid in the beer in the red cups"

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: What is acid like [Re: Linuxman]
    #6480445 - 01/20/07 05:40 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I dunno, since I first done acid something has definately changed...

One thing I dislike about LSD is the uber brain frying affect.

the next day after acid I may as well be replaced by a manikin...

Mushrooms .. 7hours after I have eaten them I'm coherent enough to actually be able to do math (suprised me too) I find Im 90% less spaced out as well.

In my books acid is much easier to handle than mushrooms, but I find mushrooms more rewarding and less damaging.. I can't think for shit after I do acid (but I have a tendancy to eat a lot if its available - unlike mushrooms)

Just MY OPINION.

oh yah and going to raves / clubs / squat parties is much much much easier on acid, as acid is a definate feel good drug... I don't have nowhere near as much self confrontation on acid (which is another reason I prefer mushrooms)

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6480590 - 01/20/07 06:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

What???? That's  a fucked up way of looking at it dude. Whenever i come down I have a new appreciation of life, I feel refreshed, cleansed, super happy to be alive....open and ready to experience it all.  I love the afterglow, it's fucking wonderful. 

aManEater, I'm the opposite man, I can get completely spun and then go to class the next day. :shrug: LSD fits me like a glove. :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#6480686 - 01/20/07 07:07 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I find mushrooms easier and more enjoyable to handle in clubs than LSD.

However, I find after a heafty LSD trip, I feel refreshed, energized, and better than I felt before I started the trip.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: What is acid like [Re: nightkrawler]
    #6480690 - 01/20/07 07:09 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

nightkrawler said:
it's like...WHOA

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineLinuxman
PsychoactiveResearcher

#6480817 - 01/20/07 07:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I was describing the come down effect which usually isn't pleasant you may be mindful of whatever happened but I have experienced anger on a come down before.

--------------------
"We can't stop here man, this is bat country"
"There is acid in the beer in the red cups"

Offlinecoopypants
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6480967 - 01/20/07 08:47 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

some people don't agree with me but i feel lsd feels like someone wakes me up from a deep slumber, that still sort of grogy, confused not sure of your still dreaming state of mind

Offlinedream_alchemy
*&*

Re: What is acid like [Re: coopypants]
    #6481304 - 01/20/07 11:35 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

human mind thru a magnify glass -timothy leary? :shocked:

I have better psychadelic experiences when i meditate haha

however all is good in the comsmos :mushroom2:
and everything is necessary

--------------------
I'm just passing thru u

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: What is acid like [Re: dream_alchemy]
    #6481332 - 01/20/07 11:46 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

LSD makes me a lot more interactive with others in general. For me, the trip is a lot different from that of mushrooms. I do not get the same extraterrestrial like effect that I get from mushrooms while I'm on acid.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: What is acid like [Re: Feanor]
    #6481921 - 01/21/07 09:12 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

When I'm coming up on lsd, I laugh like crazy. Everything in the world is just a huge joke, and I feel like I'm the punch line. But with mushrooms, I feel completely at place in the world. And I can connect what would have seemingly been 2 or 3 not related thoughts, and understand that they really are connected. Anyway like I said the first time lsd...its a celebration.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#6481927 - 01/21/07 09:17 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Linuxman said:
I was describing the come down effect which usually isn't pleasant you may be mindful of whatever happened but I have experienced anger on a come down before.

Guess everyone is different. I LOVE the acid come down period. I feel content, happy, at peace with the world - while I may get a bit sad to see that the end of the trip is coming near, I've never really felt angry / depressed after a trip. Then, for the days after - I am in a great mood.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #6481959 - 01/21/07 09:36 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Must just be me, but acid completely rinses the fuck out of me.

After a nice mushroom trip, I'm refreshed - I have a new lease of life - I feel mushrooms give me a more compelling ride, as you have to take the good with the bad...Extraterrestrial is definately a good word. The bad is partly why I like them so much, because I'm always a better person after I eat some mushrooms.

whereas with lsd, its straight up good vibes, I laugh my ass off for the entire coming up phaze, then I'm left with some sort of mystical awe.

I find for the most part though, my mind goes completely blank, whereas on mushrooms I'm thinking a million things a minute.

LSD is a good experience, but I require a week to get my academic head back on before I feel I'm 'normal' enough to integrate back into society (Im a college student). I can eat mushrooms one day, and come down and then sit and do calculus. (I tried this the other week when it was 4am and I couldnt sleep and I had math homework due in on monday :grin:) - Albeit I did spend a fair amount of time staring at the wall while doing it :grin:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: What is acid like [Re: blewmeanie]
    #6493277 - 01/24/07 04:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

"It has that same feeling as shrooms of psychedelic intensity, where your inner being is in direct contact with the universe, but it is more intense with LSD per dose. There tends to be less muddled confusion than shrooms- with LSD the confusion is created by the clarity of it all."

I have to disagree with this point -

Its quite the opposite - shrooms feels much more intense - in terms of emotional and sensory range - its somewhat hard to "go with the flow" on shrooms without feeling somewhat odd

Id say it is akin to marijuana in psychedelic intensity -

As in your brain doesn't feel like someone just took a shit in it and flushed it

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Offlinesirbojangles
h20

Loc: inside a transparent eyeb...
    #6493916 - 01/24/07 08:02 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

your question made me smile

i always like to say that...your experiencing a different world...where everything from before and after the trip is just so distant and you have a giant open hole for all the energy of the world to pour in unfiltered.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #6494501 - 01/24/07 11:22 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:

they were these little clear tabs almost a quarter inch square.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
    #6494727 - 01/25/07 01:21 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

In my experiances (lsd 5 times mush 20+) lsd tends to not fuck with my head so much as the fantastic fungus, also the body load seems diffrent, lighter almost faster, the visuals are on the same level but very diffrent.

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: What is acid like [Re: Kingkole]
    #6495120 - 01/25/07 06:46 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

"With mushroom you're the passenger with acid you're the driver"

Like Kaniz i enjoy the comedown too, it's when you start piecing little things together and can communicate easier with your fellow trippers and have a laugh.

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: What is acid like [Re: mikeyboy]
    #6495159 - 01/25/07 07:15 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I dont get how people can say LSD and Mushroom visuals are the same. Possibly at lower doses I can see that, but at higher doses I find them to be drastically different.

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
    #6495237 - 01/25/07 08:08 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm,The most lsd I've consumed were 2 hits.The visuals were more tightly packed and far "detailed" than shrooms.Mushrooms have that "mother of pearl" effect though.

--------------------

InvisibleStranger
synthetic rthyme
Male
Loc: Texas, USA
Re: What is acid like *DELETED* [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #14347636 - 04/25/11 06:19 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by German Kahuna

Reason for deletion: Durrr-hurr-hurr! Don't bump a completely irrelevant 4+ years old thread.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite." Huxley

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale