Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hygrometer, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
Icepak to Initiate Fruiting?
    #647117 - 05/27/02 05:32 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hiya!

Great advice on the hygrometer issue, folks! I invested in a digital unit this weekend and the humidity problem within the grow chamber was immediately solved. My guage now reads 98% rH and 81.1 degrees Fahrenheit ... which begs the next question.

In all my guides, the optimal fruiting temperature range for the rice cakes is given at anywhere between 75 and 80 degrees; a very narrow range. At 81.1, am I just over the limit or is that temp acceptable? I have also read that slipping a frozen ice pak into the chamber will allow the temp to fall and then rise through the "fruiting range" ... does anyone here have any experience with this process? Please advise.

thanks

the Landotter

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWe_come_in_peace
old hand

Loc: Alpha Centauri
Re: Icepak to Initiate Fruiting? [Re: the_Landotter]
    #647137 - 05/27/02 05:59 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Personally I would bring it down to the 75 range. Im not sure what strain you got, but bringing it down 10 degrees from incubating stage is basically coldshocking the cakes. Thus helping them pin. IMO.

Offlineshianggu
Loc: Asia
    #647138 - 05/27/02 05:59 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

OK, Ive been using ice packs for almost 2 weeks now. This is my first time growing so I'm still working things out as I go along.When I first started I had 2 Ecuador casings sitting in my chamber for 2 weeks. The humidity was fine and I fanned but nothing fruited. The temperature was about 27.

Then I got some ice packs and hung them from hooks on the inside of the container (because the perlite is quite messy). About 5 days after that the pins started forming and the shrooms grew. When my new casing was ready I used ice packs with it too and it grew pins within 6 days. Things are looking good and I've been able to snack a little. My flushes are far from great, but that will hopefully get better.

One thing though, they reduce your humidity. And I have to put new ones in every day, so it's a bit of a pain. So just slipping one ice pack in might not "allow the temp to fall and then rise through the "fruiting range""

Anyway, hope things work out for you.

Offlineshianggu
Loc: Asia
    #647140 - 05/27/02 06:01 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

PS, if you do use ice packs, would you please post your results?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hygrometer, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation