Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Good friends we've had, oh good friends we've lost.. along the way
    #6466541 - 01/16/07 04:17 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Have you ever had really good friends, and just... grown apart. For no particular reason?

Like i used to hang out with a bunch of stoners, and hoodlums back in the day, until i went off to boot camp, and than when i came out i decided that i needed to get away from these people to keep out of trouble.
I still lived in the same area, and saw these guys on occasion, but we didn't keep in touch for a few years. And now i go to party's, and see these guys, a few of them used to be a real good friends of mine, and its just awkward.
I try to make small talk, but so much time has passed that its abundantly clear that we missed out on the chance to maintain the friendship.
and its sad.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: Good friends we've had, oh good friends we've lost.. along the way [Re: Dreamer987]
    #6466546 - 01/16/07 04:18 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Totally...

Yet another reason why Bob has such universal appeal...

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Good friends we've had, oh good friends we've lost.. along the way [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #6466560 - 01/16/07 04:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Definately had two really good friends before I went off to college and now its seems that we've grown apart and never hang out anymore.  :frown:

--------------------
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Re: Good friends we've had, oh good friends we've lost.. along the way [Re: mikebart101]
    #6466570 - 01/16/07 04:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Not to mention the friends lost due to death, distance, drama, and people changing...
It fucking sucks to think about

--------------------

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: Good friends we've had, oh good friends we've lost.. along the way [Re: Dreamer987]
    #6466579 - 01/16/07 04:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Ive been there, and I still cant understand how we let ourselves become so distant when we were so close. :frown:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Good friends we've had, oh good friends we've lost.. along the way [Re: eligal]
    #6466582 - 01/16/07 04:28 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I hung out with this kid since I was maybe 8. In high school, I just kind of drifted away from him (I got high, he didn't, etc), and hate when I see him, cuz it's just really awkward.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Re: Good friends we've had, oh good friends we've lost.. along the way [Re: Boom]
    #6466590 - 01/16/07 04:30 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yea, it was my friends birthday, and all the old crew was there. They were still close, and i was an outsider. It felt shitty.
Like how do you go back to bullshitting and being boys again after 4-5 years of not hanging out?

--------------------

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing
    #6466592 - 01/16/07 04:30 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

when i was in the 7th or 8th grade i lost my best friend to this lame, lame ass argument over the phone. i have absolutely no idea what the fight was about. i couldn't have been older than 11 or 12 at the time and i'm 20 now, and we have not spoken one time.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #6466593 - 01/16/07 04:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I grew apart from the friends I had throughout most of my high school years, except for the one that ended up going to another school. In the end, I realised that the friends I hung around the most didn't really mesh well with me at all. They hated the music I loved, had different views on life and wanted to do different things with their time (cruise around in cars, go to parties, chase around girls). Over time, I barely knew what to say to them anymore. In a group it was fine, but hanging out with some of them one on one was marked by lots of silence and awkwardness.
Through my other friend, I met a lot of his friends and in my senior year I attended his high school. It was there I met one of my current best friends who I actually have things in common with. So it all worked out in the end. I still see some old friends from that school, but they weren't the same group of friends that I grew up with - I met them in my last year at that school through new classes.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: Good friends we've had, oh good friends we've lost.. along the way [Re: Boom]
    #6466594 - 01/16/07 04:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Booooom said:
Yeah, I hung out with this kid since I was maybe 8. In high school, I just kind of drifted away from him (I got high, he didn't, etc), and hate when I see him, cuz it's just really awkward.

Same man, I hung with this kid from when I was 8 till when I was about 16. I still say hi when I see him and shit, but it makes you feel fucking dirty when non-drug using people sort of look down on you, especially when its your old best friend.

I have a new group of friends now though. Im still looking for the right group. its hard to find.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
Re: Good friends we've had, oh good friends we've lost.. along the way [Re: Cepheus]
    #6467161 - 01/16/07 06:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

me and my gang got busted for drugs back in the day and they all stoped being stoners, and i didnt so they just stopped hanging out with me. so sad.

--------------------

Offlinerazmablues
Biologist
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: OrangeCounty
    #6467168 - 01/16/07 06:52 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i've had friends.. such as my best friend in elementary school... who we were best friends for a couple years... and now when we see each other walking around we barely even give each other a glance..

i have no idea how shit like that happens  :shrug:

--------------------
soft silly music is meaningful, magical :heartpump:

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Loc: 41.8861° N, 12.4851° E
Re: Good friends we've had, oh good friends we've lost.. along the way [Re: razmablues]
    #6467197 - 01/16/07 07:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

As recently as this past summer, I've lost my 2 best friends.

My best friend from 4th grade, because he found out that I smoked, and he was caught up in that whole straight-edge movement and shit, and it had totally smoked his brain into believing that only his music was good, his fashion was good, his scene friends were good. And he changed. We were also seperated earlier because of a girl in our life, but I'm not going to get into that. You probably know how that is. Anyway, that was also, at least, a contributing factor in the termination of our best friendship.

And also my other best friend from 5th grade, only because he found out that I smoked.

These are people that you hold closest, and expect them to be by you no matter what and be able to depend upon. Of course, this is my first lesson in the teaching of the only person you can trust is yourself, and I get it now.

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Loc: 41.8861° N, 12.4851° E
Re: Good friends we've had, oh good friends we've lost.. along the way [Re: lysergicide]
    #6467203 - 01/16/07 07:04 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Anyway, I have friends wherever I go. And whenever I go somewhere I don't have friends, I make them.

I prefer to meet people and get to know them and understand them rather then avoiding them or ignoring them. Life is too short and filled with too much beauty to just deprive yourself of it.

But, oh well. People come into your life, and people will leave. It's really all that simple. It's just all the drama and emotions people get stuck on that makes it seem so much more complicated, but it really isn't.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Re: Good friends we've had, oh good friends we've lost.. along the way [Re: lysergicide]
    #6467265 - 01/16/07 07:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

What pisses me off is i have so few real friends to begin with.
Friendship is a sacred bond, and to lose them for such reasons is unfathomable to me.

--------------------

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#6467357 - 01/16/07 07:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Friendships and human relationships in general are rather ephemeral

I don't see much point to them

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #6467380 - 01/16/07 07:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I used to hang out with some of the hottest girls in my school, more of a fluke reallyu then popularity... I was someones friend in grade 7, she became popular in High School ya da ya da.

Anyway, I went out with one of them..... and fucked that up, what a missed opportunity, and eventually over the years I lost touch with all of them. And they were not just pretty girls, they were great friends. Though I remained "in love" with 2 of them for years.

I found a webpage one of them had created, and I sent her a message, her and her BF of 5 years! are doing great, they have a baby now :sad: So ya, things change, take a chance when you have one, don't wait. :sad:

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6467492 - 01/16/07 08:09 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yup, that's life my friend.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1