Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: burtonRebel]
    #6442518 - 01/09/07 05:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

can this thread ever flourish again?

--------------------
Wreck yourself before you check yourself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #6443126 - 01/09/07 08:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yes it can.
all it needs is a bit of a few open minds and a few days of consecutive rains :smile:

--------------------

OfflineOregonBluesGil
Forager/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt County
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: notapillow]
    #6443827 - 01/09/07 11:43 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

heres a humboldt mix of cyans and fibs,enjoy yeehaw time,How Many People Have Card Board Spawn experiments going on?Its working great for me.yeewwwahaw

--------------------
I'm in a Magical Mushroom land!

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: OregonBluesGil]
    #6443921 - 01/10/07 12:36 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, i have a few cardboard projects going on, along with a some alder chips and my secret touch.

--------------------
Wreck yourself before you check yourself

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #6444019 - 01/10/07 01:30 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Ok - so are we running this as the friscosa thread? Or are we combining this with the san fran one or has that gone pear shaped as well?

--------------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #6444267 - 01/10/07 05:48 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I got cardboard spawn of Cyansecens, Fibrillosa, and Azurescens. As well as a few that i couldn't really, classify, but am sure they are one of thees three. For all i know there could be some friscosa in there.

This years seem to be a little bit slow to take. But i only collected my specimen about a month ago, and then again 2 months ago.

- My Azurescen jar is not cardboard. I have had it going for about 9 months. Used about 75% of the chips to try to get some wood chip piles going outside. However the rest i am about to add some new food to it i just sterilized. Don't want to stop that growth. Those babies are hard to find!

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

OfflineOregonBluesGil
Forager/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6445001 - 01/10/07 11:41 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah the only place I know to get azurescens is up on the oregon coast.I dont have any Azur. Mycleium,that would be so great if i DID.The CardBoard projects I have Fibs/Fricosa and Cyans going on The First batch of Cyan Mycleium is a liitle slow to take but its getting there,The Fib/friscosa mycleium is strong and aggressive,It took to the Cardboard in a matter of a few Days.I also have taken fresh woodchips and mix them with some Mycleium straight from the patch inside of a 10 gallon plastic storage container,Ive also Layered another with Cardboard spawning ,with the woodchips,Kind of like laszana.hope every thing takes,I get pic on here sooner or later

--------------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: OregonBluesGil]
    #6446374 - 01/10/07 06:47 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

OregonBluegil: Sounds pretty nice. You say "It took to the Cardboard in a matter of a few Days" What temp did you let it grow at. I got mine outside in the cold. I was told that there is less chance of contaminants that way.

On another note. I have many friends in Northern California who have spots to pick Azurescens. Humbolt-Mendocino area.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

InvisibleWaylitJim
Strangeland
Male

#6446980 - 01/10/07 09:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Here's a nice new composite. I took the photo and Workman did the microscopy.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: WaylitJim]
    #6447467 - 01/11/07 12:53 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Psilocybe subaeruginosa/Ps.cyanescens...

BTW - Psilocybe azurescens mycelium runs through most substrates like wildfire - out competes other Psilocybes as well - or maybe it was just the isoalte I had.

--------------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6450615 - 01/11/07 10:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

psilocybe cyanescens, sensu lato

Edited by auweia (01/12/07 01:07 PM)

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: auweia]
    #6450642 - 01/11/07 10:20 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

oh, and thanks Waylit for posting that

Edited by auweia (01/12/07 12:57 PM)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#6451136 - 01/12/07 03:29 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Wank wank - Auweia - wank wank...

--------------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6451781 - 01/12/07 10:35 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

psilocybe cyanescens, sensu lato

in the broadest meaning of the word

OfflineOregonBluesGil
Forager/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

#6451840 - 01/12/07 10:58 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I have My Project out doors,Last night we had a Deep freeze So the day before I moved my Project into The Greenhouse,That kept every thing from freezing.But Mainly the Temps are between upper 30s to mid 40s at night,and about 40s-50s in the Day.The mycelium leaped to the Card board in Days about 3-4.I've only lived here in Nor-Cal(Humboldt)for about 1and 1/2 years.I know that Azurescens are only indigenous to the Mouth of the Columbia river between Oregon and Washington states,So any Patches Here in Humboldt of Azurescens are not Indigenous to this area That I know of.They were Probably Put there By a Cultivator(s),So They are most likly hidden very well,spawned on wood chips not growing out of the Dune Grasses,Which to find out that the Pharlis grass(dune grass)In Non Native to Humboldt,And they Got Califirnia Concertivation corps,Out there in the spring Ripping up all the Grasses and Brush and burning it in Piles,Its asad site to See.here are the Pics

--------------------

Edited by OregonBluesGil (01/12/07 11:45 AM)

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6454311 - 01/13/07 12:34 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Why?, Bluemeanie, are you applying an Australian species to California?

why?

do you know what 'sensu lato' means?

Quote:

bluemeanie said:
Psilocybe subaeruginosa/Ps.cyanescens...

BTW - Psilocybe azurescens mycelium runs through most substrates like wildfire - out competes other Psilocybes as well - or maybe it was just the isoalte I had.

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6454464 - 01/13/07 01:46 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

OregeonBluegil: I don't men to be disresectful but..... That is a good representation of a shitty photograph. All of them. You should buy a tripod or a better camera. Sorry dude, you have helped me alot and i wish i lived up there in humbolt, but if you are trying to be part of the mycology world then you should buy a better camera or learn to take better pics.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6455549 - 01/13/07 01:19 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

OregonBlueGil: that is a pretty cool pic of your car. It looks good quality. It is just that some cheaper camera's advise you to take photos from more then 4 feet away.

I bought a camera to make a catalog for my glass business. It was about $120 at the time. I tried taking pictures of my glass sculptures and creations, but none of them turned out. I looked in the manual and it said you must take pictures from more then 4 feet away. I returned the camera and forked over almost $500 for a good camera. I have a SONY Cyber-Shot 5.1 Megapixel camera. It works excellent. You can be 1 foot away and it will auto focus. A tripod is necessary though for the best pics. Here is an example of how close you can get.

BTW you can get this camera now days for almost $100

--------------------
----------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#6460931 - 01/15/07 01:17 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Why is Peter applying a Japanese species? Do you know what 'cockhead' means?
I applied it beacuse macroscopically it seemed similar and microscopically it is almost identical to one of the two plates posted by Workman - but its just tentative - you can accept or reject it based on your profound and learned opinion based on extensive study of biology.

--------------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6461130 - 01/15/07 03:30 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

ok...I won't even address your comment about me..you're just calling people names, and it serves no purpose

I think you have something confused here..Peter did not apply the japanese species to this, he said it could be related to another type found here in SF, not these friscosas. That type is the 'azure like' type which doesn't even come close to anything found around here so far, and is much more rare. Only two people have found that one so far, as opposed to friscosa, which many people have found

as far as the friscosa, the plates look close to cyanescens, and even you said that, partially. Peter said that as well, and so did Workman, but all of that is also tentative.

I'm not claiming to be an expert in mycology, and I know only two species, but I know them very well and have picked them more than 20 years. I'm not even concerned with other countries because I'll probably never go there to pick. I just know SF, but I know it well. I know that at least part of these friscosa are in fact cyanescens, because I have seen both coming out of the same plant. Same DNA, I would guaranteee it, but I can't prove it. I'm just telling you I've seen it more than once. I've even stuck my finger down there and followed the mycellium from a cyanescens to a friscosa, and in some cases it's the same plant. But you could not possibly know this unless you were here in SF finding alot of these, in many different places

That, coupled with plates that also look like cyanescens, tell me they are cyanescens. But they have changed shape, texture, and often size and nobody knows why. They have also seperated themselves now into their own patches more often than not, and those patches probably have their own distinct DNA, if not some distinct cystidia as well

That's why I think i can predict that when it comes to DNA on this, the labs are going to have one hell of a time with this, basically being unable to seperate many strains from cyanescens, except for that obious macroscopic shape. And the shape, by the way, the shape by itself,a consistently different shape, could be enough to name it a new species.

It's just as valid as anything we have for ID in the field, including microscopy. Even you should know that..

in other words, what happens when the labs can't distinguish this from cyanescens in any other way besides the shape?

you just leave at at that and call them cyanescens?..That might be good enough for the lab, but it's not good enough for many hunters

Some of us already know tho, but alot of people still have problems ID'ing this, unlike normal cyanescens

Quote:

bluemeanie said:
Why is Peter applying a Japanese species? Do you know what 'cockhead' means?
I applied it beacuse macroscopically it seemed similar and microscopically it is almost identical to one of the two plates posted by Workman - but its just tentative - you can accept or reject it based on your profound and learned opinion based on extensive study of biology.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds