Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
Detailed Pathway Info. * 1
    #331800 - 06/01/01 05:16 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

N-Methyltryptamine Pathway:

REACTION: L-Tryptophan = Tryptamine + CO2
SUBSTRATE: L-Tryptophan, 5-Hydroxy-L-tryptophan, Dihydroxy-L-phenylalanine
PRODUCT: Tryptamine, CO2
COFACTOR: Pyridoxal phosphate, Pyrroloquinoline quinone
COMMENT: A pyridoxal-phosphate protein. The enzyme acts on L-tryptophan, 5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan and dihydroxy-L-phenylalanine. PQQ: Groen,B.W., van der Meer,R.A., Duine,J.A. FEBS Lett. 1988.

Note: Pyridoxine(vitamine B6) --> Pyridoxal --> Pyridoxal phosphate

REACTION: S-Adenosyl-L-methionine + an Amine = S-Adenosyl-L-homocysteine + a Methylated amine (Note: this is just the example that the web site gave, our reaction would be: Tryptamine + an amine = something + N-Methyltryptamine)
SUBSTRATE: S-Adenosyl-L-methionine, Amine, Tryptamine, Aniline,Nicotine
PRODUCT: S-Adenosyl-L-homocysteine, Methylated amine
COMMENT: An enzyme of very broad specificity; many primary, secondary and tertiary amines can act as acceptors, including tryptamine, anilinem, nicotine and a variety of drugs and other xenobiotics.

Need more info here.
Need info on these reactions:
N-methyltryptamine --> N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT)
N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) --> psilocin & psilocybin

Tryptophan Pathway:

REACTION: Chorismate + L-Glutamine = Anthranilate + Pyruvate + L-Glutamate
SUBSTRATE: Chorismate, Glutamine, NH3
PRODUCT: Anthranilate, Pyruvate, L-Glutamate
COMMENT: In some organisms, this enzyme is part of a multifunctional protein together with one or more other components of the for biosymthesis of tryptophan (EC 2.4.2.18, 4.1.1.48, 4.2.1.20, 5.3.1.24). The native enzyme in the complex uses either or, less efficiently, NH3. The enzyme separated from the complex uses NH3 only. Glutamine amidotransferase domian (type G) has SH protease-like catalytic residues.

REACTION: = Anthranilate + 5-Phospho-alpha-D-ribose 1-diphosphate = N-(5-Phospho-D-ribosyl)anthranilate + Pyrophosphate
SUBSTRATE: N-(5-Phospho-D-ribosyl)anthranilate, Pyrophosphate
PRODUCT: Anthranilate, 5-Phospho-alpha-D-ribose 1-diphosphate
COMMENT: In some organisms, this enzyme is part of a multifunctional protein together with one or more other components of the for biosynthesis of tryptophan (EC 4.1.1.48, 4.1.3.27, 4.2.1. 5.3.1.24).

REACTION: N-(5-Phospho-beta-D-ribosyl)anthranilate = 1-(2-Carboxyphenylamino)-1-deoxy-D-ribulose 5-phosphate
SUBSTRATE: N-(5-Phospho-beta-D-ribosyl)anthranilate
PRODUCT: 1-(2-Carboxyphenylamino)-1-deoxy-D-ribulose 5-phosphate
COMMENT: In some organisms, this enzyme is part of a multifunctional protein, together with one or more other components of the system for the biosynthesis of tryptophan (EC 2.4.2.18, 4.1.1. 4.1.3.27, 4.2.1.20).

REACTION: 1-(2-Carboxyphenylamino)-1-deoxy-D-ribulose 5-phosphate = 1-(Indol-3-yl)glycerol 3-phosphate + CO2 + H2O
SUBSTRATE: 1-(2-Carboxyphenylamino)-1-deoxy-D-ribulose 5-phosphate
PRODUCT: 1-(Indol-3-yl)glycerol 3-phosphate, CO2, H2O
COFACTOR: Pyruvate (sold at vitamine stores kinda pricey)
COMMENT: In some organisms, this enzyme is part of a protein together with one or more other components of the system for the biosynthesis of tryptophan (EC 2.4.2.18, 4.1.3.27, 4.2.1.20, 5.3.1.24).

REACTION: L-Serine + 1-(Indol-3-yl)glycerol 3-phosphate = L-Tryptophan + Glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate + H2O
SUBSTRATE: L-Serine, 1-(Indol-3-yl)glycerol 3-phosphate, Indole
PRODUCT: L-Tryptophan, Glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate, H2O, Indole
INHIBITOR: 1-(Indol-3-yl)propanol 3-phosphate
COFACTOR: Pyridoxal phosphate

Note: Pyridoxine(vitamin B6) --> Pyridoxal --> Pyridoxal phosphate

AIl of the infomation above was taken from this web site.

Edited by Humidity on 06/01/01 07:19 PM.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemorlahere
addict
Re: Detailed Pathway Info. [Re: Humidity]
    #332120 - 06/02/01 01:43 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i 'spose this' why they call it "advanced"

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
Re: Detailed Pathway Info. [Re: morlahere]
    #332282 - 06/02/01 10:19 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

yea no kidding

Keep Trippin' and Blazin'

-=SporeWorks=-

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
    #333309 - 06/03/01 05:02 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Correction:

REACTION: S-Adenosyl-L-methionine + an Amine = S-Adenosyl-L-homocysteine + a Methylated amine (Note: For tryptamine the reaction would be: S-Adenosyl-L-methionine + Tryptamine = S-Adenosyl-L-homocysteine + N-Methyltryptamine)

Edited by Humidity on 06/03/01 07:03 PM.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
    #333320 - 06/03/01 05:15 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

S-Adenosyl-L-methionine + Tryptamine = S-Adenosyl-L-homocysteine + N-Methyltryptamine

L-Methionine --> S-Adenosyl-L-methionine

L-Methionine is sold in vitamin stores.

--------------------

Offlineionic

#334308 - 06/04/01 05:59 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you very much for this piece of info, very useful. That site is fucking fantastic, its too bad it doesn't have our 4-HO or 4-PO4, shucks.I know most amino acids break down when placed in even mild heat. Do you know at what temp tryptophan will become tryptamine? An amazingly useful chart that would clear up a lot in this forum is each step going towards psilocybin/psilocin with the enzymes for each. I'm gonna try to get some good readable information off of it.
I come from brilliance and I return to brilliance. What is this?

Edited by ionic on 06/04/01 09:33 PM.

--------------------

Offlineionic

#334443 - 06/04/01 07:59 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

So what we want as the first step is as much tryptophan to be synthesized into tryptamine:

The reaction L-Tryptophan = Tryptamine + CO2, will occur rarely without the cofactors pyridoxal phosphate or pyrroquinoline quinone. So we want to have more pyridoxal phosphate present. This can be done because Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) will become pyridoxal in the presence of O2, and will get a 5 phosphate through and ADP->ATP reaction. The pyrro is a different story, it is created somewhere with Tyrosine.

OK, that little bit of searching to only solve one step has finally made me decide that to try to make super-potent mushrooms is possible, but senseless. Just use Brown Rice Flour and a little Brewer's Yeast and all of the necessary amino acids and enzymes should be in a readily available form. The site listed above is still useful if you are curious about any sort of biosynthesis, but the relevance is minimal because there are an excess of necessary substrates. I am still going through with adding pure pyridoxine to my substrate, but I don't expect much.

I come from brilliance and I return to brilliance. What is this?

--------------------

Offlinegray1
addict

Loc: brooklyn
Re: Detailed Pathway Info. [Re: ionic]
    #334984 - 06/05/01 07:31 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

ionic and humidity:
very good posts/information
ionic, i agree with you, brf + brewers yeast should be more than adequate to supply necessary nutrients/co-factors/aminos necessary to serve as enzyme building blocks/substrates/co-factors...

does anyone know what constitutes yeast extract, which is a common ingredient in microbiological growth media, and how it differs from brewers yeast.
i used to drink brewers yeast in milk or water for a nutritional supplement. it is the most god-awful tasting stuff i have ever had in my mouth. without question.
also, peptone (tryptone peptone) which is a pancreatic digest of caesin (whey protein) is also a common media ingredient, does anyone know if there is a helath food store equivalent of this for those who don't have lab access?
thisis a good source of amino building blocks as the protein has been digested.

gray1

Offlineshoeareyou
Stranger

Re: Detailed Pathway Info. [Re: gray1]
    #6449989 - 01/11/07 06:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Im sorry to threadjack this; but I don't seem to be getting any answers any other way -

does anyone think it would be possible to remove the hydroxy group from psilocin and glean mushroom-grown DMT instead of psilocin?

If im correct the procedure would be reduction, or dehydroxylation, dehydration etc. can't remember which :P

Any idea as to what reagent would do this?

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Detailed Pathway Info. [Re: shoeareyou]
    #6451079 - 01/12/07 02:49 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, this is some gravedigging... 2001...

This is some pretty old info. Tryptophan decarboxylase (TDC) is responsible for the tryptophan to tryptamine conversion. It's now been characterized and well studied, even genetically engineered into plants.

To answer your question... I'm sure it could be done, but probably not all that easily. I'm guessing that it would be a low-yield reaction.

But why would you want to? You'd have to purify the psilocin, which would involve some loss, then you'd have to dehydrate it somehow without destroying it.

You could get much better yields by just growing one of the many plants that have high concentrations of DMT and then extracting it. You'd get a better yield right off the bat, without growing anything illegal.

-FF

Offlineshoeareyou
Stranger

Re: Detailed Pathway Info. [Re: fastfred]
    #6453055 - 01/12/07 05:15 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Mainly because of the fact that mushrooms give a high yeild (0.6% in cubensis) and grow within a month and a half; whereas the competition (desmanthus ilanoiensis) is a perenial shrub taking about 2 years to yeild 2% only in the rootbark;

By my calculations that makes shrooms superior, in yeild and in turnaround - even factoring losses in there!

also, I would like to see if its hypothetically possible.

Might also the same reagent be used to alter other drugs? 2C-I, 2C-B, Mescaline, etc ?

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Detailed Pathway Info. [Re: fastfred]
    #6459636 - 01/14/07 06:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
Damn, this is some gravedigging... 2001...

This is some pretty old info. Tryptophan decarboxylase (TDC) is responsible for the tryptophan to tryptamine conversion. It's now been characterized and well studied, even genetically engineered into plants.

To answer your question... I'm sure it could be done, but probably not all that easily. I'm guessing that it would be a low-yield reaction.

But why would you want to? You'd have to purify the psilocin, which would involve some loss, then you'd have to dehydrate it somehow without destroying it.

You could get much better yields by just growing one of the many plants that have high concentrations of DMT and then extracting it. You'd get a better yield right off the bat, without growing anything illegal.

-FF

Didn't we have a discussion about DMT addition recently?
I thought the uptake of DMT was minimal, generally not even 8% of available excess.

(I'm still going to do a 100x phalaris substrate quite soon...)

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Detailed Pathway Info. [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6459650 - 01/14/07 06:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

There are a lot of new posters in advanced myc...

not to say you're not welcome, you're very welcome, but you should start by searching about topics before bringing it up in new threads. (see 'hydroxylation of non DMT amines')

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlineshoeareyou
Stranger

#6463331 - 01/15/07 06:07 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

thats it, I swear im gonna get a shotgun if ANYONE else confuses what I am proprosing: A CHEMICAL ALTERATION of psilocin *AFTER* extraction and *NOT* feeding mycelium with DMT laced substrate.

OMG!"!!

Offlineshoeareyou
Stranger

#6463333 - 01/15/07 06:09 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

read what I asked rather than telling me to search... I have!

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#6465769 - 01/16/07 12:18 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

A) what does using reagents to reduce mescaline and RCs have to do with mycology?

B) why does it seem like a good idea to 'attempt a threadjack' and then get mad at people? lol

C) I never suggested you should lace a substrate with DMT. I expected you could find out what chemical is used to hydroxylate it in a thread like that though. I was talking to Fred about DMT laced substrates.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

Invisibleazuresense
SpaceTumbler
Female

Loc: Sunshine State of Darknes...
    #7078670 - 06/22/07 06:55 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know all of this advanced stuff, but with about 2 and a half dollars + 2 and a half weeks of patience I could direct you in the direction of getting DMT through Reed Canary Grass extraction...it's ridiculously easy but probably doesn't yeild the amounts you want. PM me if you're interested, I'll send all the info.

--------------------
"Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.” ~Winston Churchill

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate