Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX]
    #6454065 - 01/12/07 11:05 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered
January 12, 2007 - mysanantonio.com

McALLEN — A Hidalgo County patrol deputy resigned a few days after police in Georgia stopped him for a traffic violation and found nearly $1 million in cash hidden inside a duffle bag and the doors of a 2006 dually pickup he was driving.

Asked about the Jan. 6 incident, Sheriff Lupe Treviño, desensitized by corruption in the Valley, said it's a moot point because Emmanuel Sanchez quit Wednesday and no longer works under him.

What has been the response at the department?

"Not much at all," Treviño said. "Of course, I don't — at my level and with as many employees — have direct contact with the deputies. Through my contact, there hasn't been much said about it."

Police in Georgia released deputy Sanchez, who worked for the county three years and was off duty at the time, with a warning for the traffic violation and a receipt for $950,435. Should he claim the cash, he will have to prove in court that he legally obtained it.

Sanchez, 30, could not be reached for comment.

Georgia State Police spokesman Larry Schnall said troopers pulled Sanchez and another passenger over about 40 miles west of Atlanta on Interstate 20. When he was stopped, Sanchez initially showed them his peace officer's badge and then gave authorities permission to search the truck.

But, Schnall said, Sanchez became "combative" when the duffle bag was found in the back seat and he recanted his permission to continue the search. Troopers brought in a police dog that soon alerted them to the doors, which Schnall said gave troopers probable cause to continue the search.

"It's highly unusual for a person to be transporting nearly $1million hidden in the doors of a truck," Schnall said.

Sheriff Treviño said if the Georgia investigation reveals anything that needs to be addressed locally, his department will follow up, but no plans are in the works to launch an investigation.

"If he is indicted ... he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and to include anyone else who conspired with him," Treviño said.

The Sheriff's Department has 731 employees, including 307 jailers and 288 sworn officers and 136 civilian officers.

In August, Louisiana State Police found about 65 pounds of cocaine in a vehicle occupied by 25-year-old Hidalgo County jailer Pedro Luis Longoria and Jo Ann Lopez, a county Head Start employee, according to KGBT Channel 4 in Harlingen.

"It's very disappointing when a policeman goes wrong, (but) it happens on all levels ... federal agents ... state troopers, county, city police. We have them in all ranks," Treviño said. "We have good reporters, we have bad reporters. It's in all professions."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX] [Re: veggie]
    #6454100 - 01/12/07 11:20 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

police dogs are trained to smell money?!

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX] [Re: demiu5]
    #6454136 - 01/12/07 11:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

90% of all currency has coke one it. Or some high percentage.

Offlinelearysprotoge
Stranger
Re: Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX] [Re: DNKYD]
    #6454193 - 01/12/07 11:58 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmmm...
That makes u think...
what if the govt puts trace amounts of coke, or a diff substance on money that dogs are trained to smell.
therefore enabling dogs to smell and find large sums of money..
I mean imagine the advantage to the GOVT..

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX] [Re: learysprotoge]
    #6454549 - 01/13/07 02:51 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

> police dogs are trained to smell money?!

Yes, they are.

> what if the govt puts trace amounts of coke, or a diff substance on money that dogs are trained to smell.

No need. They just train the dogs to sniff out the money. As this case points out, it doesn't matter if you have any drugs or not, when the drug dog sniffs out the money they just straight steal it from you.

Cops and DEA are no more than organized thugs with badges. When their dogs smell out any sizable amount of money they simply take it from you.

Notice that they don't make mention of any crime at all! The only crime he committed was having a bunch of money. Guilty until proven innocent. They just stole his money and now he has to prove his innocence to get it back.

Anybody still think they live in a free country? Or that the constitution is worth anything anymore?

-FF

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX] [Re: fastfred]
    #6454766 - 01/13/07 07:14 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:

Yes, they are.

> what if the govt puts trace amounts of coke, or a diff substance on money that dogs are trained to smell.

No need. They just train the dogs to sniff out the money. As this case points out, it doesn't matter if you have any drugs or not, when the drug dog sniffs out the money they just straight steal it from you.

Cops and DEA are no more than organized thugs with badges. When their dogs smell out any sizable amount of money they simply take it from you.

Notice that they don't make mention of any crime at all! The only crime he committed was having a bunch of money. Guilty until proven innocent. They just stole his money and now he has to prove his innocence to get it back.

Anybody still think they live in a free country? Or that the constitution is worth anything anymore?

-FF

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlinelearysprotoge
Stranger
Re: Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX] [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6454784 - 01/13/07 07:28 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thats true..
They try to add a lil clout to there side by sayin if it was legit it wouldnt be in the doors.

OfflineCUBErt
Connoisseur ofHallucination
Male

Loc: Southern CA
Re: Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX] [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6455598 - 01/13/07 01:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:
Quote:

fastfred said:

Yes, they are.

-FF

--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

OfflineCoolMojo
Imagination iswhat you make ofit
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX] [Re: CUBErt]
    #6455768 - 01/13/07 02:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Doesn't matter if its legit, freds right, its perfeclty legal. You could have the cash sitting there and proof it was gained through legit means. They can still take it and you have to go to court to proove it. Infact I'm not sure if there is a limit on the amount they can take. I mean if you just cashed a paycheck, I'm not sure they have no right to take the cash even, have to check on that.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX] [Re: CoolMojo]
    #6456471 - 01/13/07 06:58 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

> They try to add a lil clout to there side by sayin if it was legit it wouldnt be in the doors.

In America it's *supposed* to be innocent until proven guilty and you are supposed to get the benifit of the doubt.

So why would you hide a million dollars in your doors? Perhaps to hide it from thieves [like cops and DEA]. It's safer there and doesn't take up passenger/cargo space.

That's a perfectly legit reason, but somehow now you can't even carry money around anymore. I think the limit is $10K. If you carry more than that without paperwork then they can just take it!

So I hope the American dream costs less than $10K now...

If you're interested what some real piggies think about it and what their attitudes are check out this page I googled. I was looking to find what the cash limit was.
http://forums.officer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-33874.html

mickmack111: "I am pretty sure that it is illegal to carry $10,000 or more on your person without an IRS statement form. I know I made a stop last year where we confiscated $30,000, and a fed told me that over the phone. We asset forfeitured it (he was running drugs to Mexico), and it made my Chief's week!!
You might have been able to hold them on the money, then do some digging with the IRS or feds."

AtlCop: "You are correct. You are supposed to be a licensed courier to carry that large of an amount of cash. If a private person does it, they should have the documentation for the cash.

If they don't have documentation, sieze it and make them prove it is legal in court."

What thieves!

-FF

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6456482 - 01/13/07 07:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

More from AtlCop...

Quote:

OK. Federal laws you can use to seize money:

If they identify themselves as a money courier but do not have any kind of documentation: US Code Title 31 Subtitle IV Chapter 53 Subchapter II Section: 5330

This code section requires them to be registered to do business as a money courier.

If they have undocumented cash in excess of 10k and can't satisfy your suspicions: US Code Title 31 Subtitle IV Chapter 53 Subchapter II Section: 5332

This section makes it a crime to smuggle cash in excess of 10k out of the country.

You can use this to seize cash in excess of 10k until they document that they possessed it legally.

Offlinelearysprotoge
Stranger
    #6456656 - 01/13/07 08:30 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Kiddiecop
"Could have taken them in for an AFIS check and detained them a little longer for investigation purposes. Sounds like it might have been a drug run with the vehicle not coming back. Not much else you could of done except keep the money as a tip for your hard work, since they no speaky the english. :laugh:"
Bastard

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX] [Re: learysprotoge]
    #6456747 - 01/13/07 09:17 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone who thinks that cops are mostly honest or mostly good people should check out the link to that forum I posted above. You'll see what dirty bastards most of them are.

-FF

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Loc: smokey mountains
    #6457802 - 01/14/07 07:33 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah cops don't make shit for money their credit typically sucks, their marriages typically fail, they have the highest per-job suicide rate what do you expect? Wait to you see how many stupid cops we have after this war in Iraq all these young men & women trained in the military sector we will have to create jobs for them when they come back, more idiots for the brigade.

Offlinelearysprotoge
Stranger
Re: Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX] [Re: rawtoxic]
    #6461233 - 01/15/07 05:18 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Just what we need, a bunch of psycho dudes with PTSD, chasin dudes down n pointin guns at me..

OfflineOjom
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Deputy quits as $1 million uncovered [TX] [Re: rawtoxic]
    #6461243 - 01/15/07 05:26 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

rawtoxic said:
Yeah cops don't make shit for money their credit typically sucks, their marriages typically fail, they have the highest per-job suicide rate what do you expect? Wait to you see how many stupid cops we have after this war in Iraq all these young men & women trained in the military sector we will have to create jobs for them when they come back, more idiots for the brigade.

Sigh, I had not even considered this, despite the fact that it is excactly the path one of my cousins seems to be on.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale