Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemushie
quistion from a newbie
    #645245 - 05/25/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

First, My setup is a 20 gallon tank with a custom fitted plexi lid.
I plan to fill the bottom with a mix of verm, perlite and soil.
I just read the post about making humidity with a bubble stone and a 20 oz. bottle.
I was wondering if I steped it up a notch an had 2 bubble stones and a large gatorade jug would this make enough humidity to have the tank at about 85-90%?
Also I was wondering what the best mix of the 3 verm, perlite and soil?
should I use more perlite than verm or alot of soil or what?
Last I plan on using some golden teacher and crumbling 3 cakes in the bottom of the tank. If everthing is good (85-90% no contames) what kind of retun should I get out of a 20 gallon tank? Any other tips would be helpful!

Thanx
Mushie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: quistion from a newbie [Re: mushie]
    #645257 - 05/25/02 08:01 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

your gonna fail.

you don't mix verm, perlite and soil on the bottom of your fruiting chamber.

you would use perlite.

also you don't crumble your cakes onto the bottom of your fruiting chamber.

please do some reading!!!

PF TEK

FAQ

Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: quistion from a newbie [Re: mushie]
    #645279 - 05/25/02 08:26 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Heya, Roadkill!

I remember some guy posting how we should tell the newbies what to to instead of tell them what to read. Well, i'll do it once

>> First, My setup is a 20 gallon tank with a custom fitted plexi lid.
Sounds good!
>> I plan to fill the bottom with a mix of verm, perlite and soil.
What? It sounds like a casing mix...is that what you plan to do? If so you dont need the perlite! 50/50 is a well known casing tek. Perlite would be used to raise humidity in the chamber. Caseings provide their own myco-climates so they'll hold the humidity up fine..that is...if you are casing the whole container.
>>I just read the post about making humidity with a bubble stone and a 20 oz. bottle.
That just bumps your humidity up 15-20%. You wont need to do this (most likely).
>>I was wondering if I steped it up a notch an had 2 bubble stones and a large gatorade jug would this make enough humidity to have the tank at about 85-90%?
You shouldn't need it.
>>Also I was wondering what the best mix of the 3 verm, perlite and soil?
Thats not what you use. I think you want to use 50/50 (1 part soil to one part wet vermiculite.
>>Last I plan on using some golden teacher and crumbling 3 cakes in the bottom of the tank. If everthing is good (85-90% no contames) what kind of retun should I get out of a 20 gallon tank? Any other tips would be helpful!
If this is a casing then you'll want to cruble the cake on top of the casing substrate and then cover with a top layer. If done in a partially sterile enviroment i'm sure you would do fine (lysol, 10% bleach if needed).
>>Any other tips would be helpfull!
Ich ban danangle soueetie la flazdingler!

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: quistion from a newbie [Re: phrozendata]
    #645307 - 05/25/02 08:53 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

douche a'

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate