Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Are you going to hit your kids?
    #6451469 - 01/12/07 08:10 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Now, if you suspect maybe one day one of them will drive you so crazy you knock him upside the head and that's just about it, the answer isn't "Yes." What I'm asking is - is physical punishment going to be a regular part of the way in which you discipline your children?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6451472 - 01/12/07 08:13 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

No,my dad raised me up by hitting me...at the age of like friggin 4 or 5 i was getting knocked upside the head for shit like not eating my eggs.Now my relationship with him is all fucked up..hes a good guy now...but everything is screwed up because of that abuse..so a big fuckin no no to that.

--------------------

InvisibleUnifloo
Ask the left one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Falling up the stairs
    #6451478 - 01/12/07 08:16 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hopefully not. If I have to hit my children in order to instill
a sense of discipline I will. I see some kids who have one parent
who are completely wild. That wont fly in my househould!

I was only really spanked a few times myself but I always knew
not to cross the lines

--------------------
--------------------------------------------

Edited by Unifloo (01/12/07 08:17 AM)

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #6451483 - 01/12/07 08:18 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

No, it would learn them, to some degree, that physical violence is a normal way to solve things. I don't want that.

Edited by Annom (01/12/07 08:19 AM)

OfflineWildCardsRevenge
Grade Eh Meat
 User Gallery

#6451487 - 01/12/07 08:19 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, yes I will. Don't get me wrong it'll always be a last resort but there are times when it is a necessary step. I got spanked and hit when I was I kid and I turned out great. Most of our parents were hit when they were kids, well beaten is a more apt term but that was the norm in that day.
I hate to say but our parents and grand-parents generation are one of the greatest generations in human history in my opinion. There is nothing wrong with disciplining your child within reason.

--------------------
--------------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #6451488 - 01/12/07 08:20 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I have no idea.

But there is a huge difference between violence and discipline and most people have forgotten that 'cause of their fetish for kids.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: Unifloo]
    #6451489 - 01/12/07 08:20 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hit them in the head no. Now a spanking I see nothing wrong with. Not all children need physical discipline to keep them in line. But some do. So it would really depend on the child. I know that I needed it every now and again. But I don't believe in ever hitting a child in the face or anywhere else.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: WildCardsRevenge]
    #6451494 - 01/12/07 08:22 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I want my children to understand why something is wrong, not to learn it by trial and error.

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: Annom]
    #6451500 - 01/12/07 08:23 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

:lol:

Good luck with that!

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
    #6451502 - 01/12/07 08:24 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I retain the services of a whipping boy for when my kids are bad. :cool:

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #6451505 - 01/12/07 08:25 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Boy... go out and cut a switch. It's time for a beating

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

InvisibleUnifloo
Ask the left one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Falling up the stairs
    #6451506 - 01/12/07 08:25 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
I want my children to understand why something is wrong, not to learn it by trial and error.

I'd like to abide by the same principle but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind as they say  :frown:

--------------------
--------------------------------------------

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Loc: NewYork
    #6451510 - 01/12/07 08:28 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

My mother use to hit me for all the little shit I did that was not appropriate or when I was a brat. My dad only hit me a couple times in my life and it was only when I did something really bad. He would go over board and beat the shit out of me, one time he picked me up by my ear, and part of the lobe riped. He used to go a little to far. I think when my kids are younger, I would like to use spanking as a form of discipline for them, however I would want my wife to do it. I might not though, I just want my children to respect there father and mother. Its sad that now hitting your kids is looked so down upon now a days, however I guess its because some parents go over board and are really abusive. Either way Ill work as hard as possible to raise them to be great people, and raise them in a caring/loving environment.

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
    #6451511 - 01/12/07 08:28 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

also, you have to get the bad gunky out! :emo:

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #6451516 - 01/12/07 08:30 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:

Good luck with that!

:lol: Yeah, I know it isn't always possible.

I don't want kids. That's my practical solution.

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

#6451518 - 01/12/07 08:30 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I was never hit by my parents, and I'm pretty sure I've turned out okay, so I see no reason why I would need to hit mine. Infact, I'd probably feel like a failure if I had to resort to that, seeing that my parents never did.

To be honest, I'm really happy with my parents (which is something few in my age group say, early-twenties). I honestly respect them, especially how they always took the time to reason out differences we had (granted, some of those differences are still around today). Sometimes I wonder if this was because they never hit me. Either way I'm happy with them, and I don't want to chance my children not being happy with me.

OfflineWildCardsRevenge
Grade Eh Meat
 User Gallery

#6451521 - 01/12/07 08:32 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I know where you are coming from but after explaining something to a two year old why something is wrong and then watching them do it over and over again no matter what you say is fusterating. A little smack on the back of the hand goes a long way to re-enforce your message.

--------------------

Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: unbeliever]
    #6451540 - 01/12/07 08:37 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I grew up in the foster care system and had the shit beaten out of me. I do not agree with hitting a kid to get your point across. For those of you who were hit, did it really help to get the point across to you? Or did you just end up doing what you could to avoid getting hit? I also don't agree with those parents who place their children in every "after school" program and/or turn on the tv and/or video game systems so they don't have to be bothered by their kids. If you didn't want to be bothered, you shouldn't have had kids. IT'S A FULL TIME JOB. Ask my son, sure he's only 2.5 years old, but he has never been hit and knows right from wrong, because I took the time to instill that rather than just turning the tv on when he was being a KID.

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

Offlinea2ndopinion
a real smart ass
Female

Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: trippindad82]
    #6451548 - 01/12/07 08:44 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trippindad82 said:
I grew up in the foster care system and had the shit beaten out of me. I do not agree with hitting a kid to get your point across. For those of you who were hit, did it really help to get the point across to you? Or did you just end up doing what you could to avoid getting hit? I also don't agree with those parents who place their children in every "after school" program and/or turn on the tv and/or video game systems so they don't have to be bothered by their kids. If you didn't want to be bothered, you shouldn't have had kids. IT'S A FULL TIME JOB. Ask my son, sure he's only 2.5 years old, but he has never been hit and knows right from wrong, because I took the time to instill that rather than just turning the tv on when he was being a KID.

:yourock:

well said.  you= awesome.

--------------------
Boo, you whore.

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
    #6451554 - 01/12/07 08:49 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

kids these days are out of control

fly on any airline these days and tell me it was a good flight without scramming kids kicking the back of your seat.....

parents are afraid to discipline their kids these days - it needs to be done

not abuse, but a spankin or a belt to the hiney sure straightened me up and got my attention when I was a lil shit

its a corrective measure to negative behavior

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: sucklesworth]
    #6451560 - 01/12/07 08:52 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, but only in the appropriate situation. I will do my best to avoid physical punishment.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

#6451573 - 01/12/07 08:58 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You_Suck said:

fly on any airline these days and tell me it was a good flight without scramming kids kicking the back of your seat.....

not abuse, but a spankin or a belt to the hiney sure straightened me up and got my attention when I was a lil shit

The problem isn't the kids. It's the parents. It's not a hit either that fixes the kid. These parents are using television and video games to raise their kids. Whatever happened to family night with a pizza and a boardgame, now it's a family night with pizza and every person in the family watching the same thing on a different television. There is no more family bonding. Parents don't want to be bothered. They are far more dedicated to their jobs than their families. How many of you who are older remember your parents bringing work HOME? More and more people are dedicating their home life to work. Shit, people even check in with work while the are on vacation. This is just to make my point that parents care more about their job (which doesn't give a shit about them) than they do about their kids. Stop working so hard to give your kid every electronic device available and work at giving your kids yourself. I didn't have all of those gadgets growing up and I can say for the older population here that neither did they. They take away imagination and allow the parent to avoid their children.

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
    #6451580 - 01/12/07 09:00 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Just fyi, not all parents are as you describe, trippindad. Too many are though.

--------------------

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: unbeliever]
    #6451591 - 01/12/07 09:07 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

unbeliever said:
Just fyi, not all parents are as you describe, trippindad. Too many are though.

I know. The only problem is that the population of these parents is continuing to grow and is impacting our lives. One such example is a curfew. What in the hell is a town curfew? If it's 11pm and I know that my 14 year old son is walking home from a friend's house (hypothetically), and he isn't doing anything wrong and has MY permission to walk say 2 blocks, why can a cop stop him and give him a ticket? He wasn't doing anything wrong and had my permission. Yet when another parent's kid gets into trouble and didn't have a parental curfew imposed, the parent petitions the town for a curfew. I know this might be a little off topic, but this is how I see it impacting our lives in the future.

InvisibleSillicybin
Loc: Flag
    #6451624 - 01/12/07 09:19 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You_Suck said:

This is something I am VERY opinionated on - and the following is my opinion, of course.

99.99999% OF KIDS NEED TO BE PHYSICALLY DISCIPLINED OCCASIONALLY.

By occasionally, I'm not talking about once a day, or once a month. I'm talking about whenever they repeat the same mistakes over and over, even when disciplined by other means first.

I agree 110% with the person who said you should never hit your kid anywhere but on the butt, OPEN HANDED. If you're leaving bruises, you're ABUSING them, not disciplining them.

Many parents just GIVE UP disciplining their child when they keep repeating the same mistakes, rather than "resorting to" spanking their child. That just shows the child that if they frustrate their parents enough, that they'll get their way.

HOWEVER,
KIDS SHOULD NEVER BE PHYSICALLY DISCIPLINED OUT OF ANGER.

If the parent is angry (and most likely is) they should take time to cool off themselves, BEFORE administering punishment. If you spank your child, it should be to teach, NOT because it makes you feel better! You should never take pleasure out of disciplining your child by ANY means, ESPECIALLY physically.

There ARE many other forms of physical punishment other than spanking - IE, making them do physical chores. Another form of punishment I agree with, but many don't: having them hold something until their muscles fatigue, in lieu of a spanking (their choice).

For example, having a 10 year old hold a can of corn in each arm straight out (T-style) for 10 minutes DOES get a point across. At worst it's a mild discomfort, but it's the duration of that discomfort that gets the message across. For preteens and early teenagers, push-ups, pull-ups and other gym class workouts can do wonders!

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: Sillicybin]
    #6451640 - 01/12/07 09:25 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sillicybin said:
Quote:

You_Suck said:

For example, having a 10 year old hold a can of corn in each arm straight out (T-style) for 10 minutes DOES get a point across. At worst it's a mild discomfort, but it's the duration of that discomfort that gets the message across. For preteens and early teenagers, push-ups, pull-ups and other gym class workouts can do wonders!

I couldn't agree more, because you learn something. The point that I am trying to make is that when I was in the system and getting my ass (and anything else) beaten, it just taught me to lie to the person(s) in charge to delay or stop the punishment. Sometimes hitting a kid gets and even more negative response. I'd rather have my kid doing something wrong 100 times in a row than lying straight to my face.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #6451655 - 01/12/07 09:34 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

spank/discipline physically if need be, yes.

hit them, no

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #6451715 - 01/12/07 10:02 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I'll discipline them. Take it out of their ass, but bare fists? no.

Invisiblebelligerent
Degenerate stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hicksville, CA
    #6451804 - 01/12/07 10:42 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

No, I'm not going to hit my kids to discipline them (if/when I have kids) because I don't think it accomplishes much.

My dad spanked me or slapped me upside the face regularly until I was about 14 and all it did was make me lose respect for him and increase my pain tolerance.  I hate to say it, but it probably would have had more impact if he'd actually "beaten" me 'til I was afraid, but it was more of an annoyance than anything. 

IMO, all it does is show the kid that you can't handle the situation rationally and have no solution other than to smack a person smaller than you.

I really like the idea of making kids do push-ups or run laps instead of some lame "time out".  It causes them some moderate pain and also makes them exercise. :thumbup:

InvisibleSillicybin
Loc: Flag
    #6451815 - 01/12/07 10:48 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trippindad82 said:
I'd rather have my kid doing something wrong 100 times in a row than lying straight to my face.

Agreed... as a matter of fact, lying is the only reason I've ever found it necessary to spank my kid.

OfflineBowers
Bobba Ganoosh
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CA
    #6451816 - 01/12/07 10:49 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

that is actually why I am undecided about having children. I cannot say I wouldn't hit my kids, because I might. And I know that is horrible! I just don't know if I am a kid person. I can see myself having a family with the one I love. But really that person has go GUARENTEE me he is going to be by my side for life! I was raised mainly by my mother, who left my dad because of abuse. I still see my dad all the time, and love him to death. I just know I WILL NOT do it alone.

I kind of look at it this way, the mom has the kids and gets fat. The man, more or less stays the same. If they were to seperate, he will have a much easier time finding another mate, not having the kids all the time, and still being in somewhat the same shape. Where the women generally are left with the children, and the weight. Know what I mean.

I guess this has kind of gotten away from the general topic of this thread, but yea, if the husbad isnt around, I might hit the kids, and that is BAD!

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #6451817 - 01/12/07 10:49 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The problem isn't the kids. It's the parents.

The problem isn't the parents...it's the parental watch groups and average citizens that can't distinguish between child discipline and abuse. 

If I see a mom hit her kid, I don't automatically think abuse...but that's just me.  Just the same as I see a woman with a black eye and I don't automatically assume domestic violence, she just probably said something she shouldn't have. :smirk:

People these days place too much emphasis on the child and it's safety... people have kid fetishes...we are breeding females and feminized males.  No thanks...

--------------------

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: a2ndopinion]
    #6451830 - 01/12/07 10:55 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You_Suck said:

:nono:

Quote:

a2ndopinion said:
Quote:

trippindad82 said:

:yourock:

well said.  you= awesome.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #6451849 - 01/12/07 11:01 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

The point that I was trying to make was that just because some kid is out of control doesn't mean that the parent isn't smacking the kid for being bad, and that they shouldn't. Hell, some parents put on a front in public and then once they get home, the shit is on. The issue is the kid is probably being ignored and has been given everything they want because the parent(s) don't want to be bothered. The kid probably just wants some attention. My wife was never hit growing up and wasn't some bratty little snot kicking the back of your chair on the airplane. There are other ways of getting a point across to the kid.

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

#6451861 - 01/12/07 11:06 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Same thing with ritalin. I don't agree with parents/teachers/schools when they pump little kids up with ritalin because they can't sit still. No six year old is meant to sit in a chair with their attention on one thing. Hell, most people don't want to do it when they are older. Kids are energy bombs. There is nothing wrong with that. Maybe they'd be better in school if they were at home running off their energy rather than glued to a tv/video game console.

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#6451867 - 01/12/07 11:07 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I watched my brother get spanked, and I realized that was something I didn't want to deal with, so I rarely got spanked because I stayed out of trouble most of the time.

The only times I got hit was when my dad was drunk, and my mom wasn't around.

But there's a huge difference between hitting a kid and spanking them. Anyways, one should reinforce the punishment (be it spanking or whatever) with reasoning as to why this is occurring, and that if they don't want it to keep happening, they need to straighten up.

Also, for those of you against it (not saying I'm for it) look at a lot of other animals in the world. Giraffes knock their babies around until they are able to stand up on their own to make them stand up. Cats (big and small) bite and knock their babies when not "behaving" by their standards. Dogs bite, sometimes ferociously (sometimes drawing blood), to discipline.

We've just been fed this thing called compassion and are driven into fear of disciplining our children.

--------------------

OfflineIrdamage
Autobot

Loc: Canada
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: demiu5]
    #6451897 - 01/12/07 11:23 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yes as a matter of fact im willing to discipline my kids with phyiscal punishment like a spanking or whathaveyou. I want my kids to know that when you fuck up, you get negative consiquences. Not over passable shit like refusing to eat a plate of food becuz they think its gross (couple nights without supper usually takes care of it). Im thinking more...screaming tantrums in a grocery store isle because they cant get a cereal they want. That would easily require a public spanking. One thing parents seem to be forgetting, its not a gurantee your kids are going to condone spanking as acceptable if you do it to them, and most importantly, dont worry if some pussy-ass-parent whos kid walks all over them tells you any different.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #6451941 - 01/12/07 11:37 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

there are very few times where a parent should hit their kid... but sometimes it might be the only thing that teaches them the right thing.Say your child is constantly running across the street without looking. no matter how much you yell, the next day they are back at it. this is a situation where it would be a benefit to give them a little slap. a little slap is a lot less dangerous than a child in constant danger of being hit by a car.Now say your child is always stealing your favorite cookies... thats not a good reason to slap them.

when i was a child i was hit ever so rarely... it didn't scar me for life, it taught me the right things to do when yelling just wasn't helping. so there are some times when a slap can be beneficial. constant abuse is a completely different story, the parent should know the barrier between slapping and yelling.

so to answer the question, only if it absolutely needs to be done. i do not want my child to put himself in danger, like constantly running in front of cars or putting knives in electrical outlets. and if the child does not respond to yelling for things like these, then a slap my be the only way to teach them the right thing.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: danlennon3]
    #6451984 - 01/12/07 11:57 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Be nice to your kids, because they pick your nursing home. :grin:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: Brainiac]
    #6452030 - 01/12/07 12:16 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Raised by two parents who both worked for Child Protective Services, and NEVER yelled. So most people would assume my answer is "no", but being raised in that situation I understand that there are times I would have stayed in line, so to speak, if I had been hit and yelled at instead of "scolded". To this day I know I could get away with a lot because when it comes down to it, simply getting grounded for shit didn't matter.

--------------------
!

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
    #6452049 - 01/12/07 12:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

No. But I'm not going to allow my kids to be little spoiled brats either, so they better know when to stop the shenanigans. I've met way too many kids that deserved an ocassional spanking, but since they didn't get it they think they can get away with all kinds of BS.

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #6452058 - 01/12/07 12:28 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

in the event i have kids they will know that they fuck up when they fuck up, but they aren't going to fear getting a bruised ass when they don't make grades up to par or something stupid like that

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #6452085 - 01/12/07 12:43 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Umm, NO  :thumbdown:

But,.... I MIGHT.... hit.... YOUR kids.

Keep them out of my backyard :wink:

--------------------

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: zSDMF]
    #6452094 - 01/12/07 12:46 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i have been beaten quite regularely and to some degree im rather sure that it had a mental impact on me ill never be able to get rid of.

anyway, seeing kids nowadays smoking cigs at age 10 cursing and spitting and whatnot,
hell i can so tell that my kid will NOT do that - i really think beating is wrong
but hell how the fuck shall you teach those little bastards what wrong otherwise nowadays ?

its all the rap music i tell ya ..

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Invisibleelsig
Knowledgespeaks, wisdom listens
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the beach
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: ohmatic]
    #6452140 - 01/12/07 01:05 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

no i would never hit any of my kids. however if one of them grow up to be a rapist murdering asshole i will kick his ass. it must be something very extreme and only when the kids are more or less adults, as long as they are kids they should never be laid a hand on. And i will break the hand and fingers of the person (adults, not other kids) who hit any of my kids.

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

#6452239 - 01/12/07 01:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I don't plan on having kids...

OfflineWildCardsRevenge
Grade Eh Meat
 User Gallery

Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: thatiAM]
    #6452292 - 01/12/07 01:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I'm curious what the avg age is of everyone saying they wont disipline their children with spanking or what have you?

--------------------

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#6452561 - 01/12/07 03:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:

Good luck with that!

:lol: Yeah, I know it isn't always possible.

I think that it is. Giving a kid understanding is the only way to have them grow.

If hitting is even given to a kid in anger it will produce only bad results. If someone does physically discipline their child the child needs to know that the parent does not achieve satisfaction from what they are doing, and that the parent is not wanting to do it.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#6452571 - 01/12/07 03:12 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You_Suck said:

If a kid is out of control that only means that the parents haven't given them the understanding they already should have. It means mad parents not bad kids.
An out of control kid means the parents have not done their job of teaching and giving understanding.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6452663 - 01/12/07 03:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Disco Cat said:
If someone does physically discipline their child the child needs to know that the parent does not achieve satisfaction from what they are doing, and that the parent is not wanting to do it.

Yea, I saw that episode of Andy Griffith, too.

(seriously, I love that show, although the color ones suck)

--------------------

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6452683 - 01/12/07 03:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

im going to do exactly what im doing with my kitten, its really working great

whenever he fucks up, i grab him by the throat, smack him in the face 4-5 times, throw him in his cage for about 30 mins.. and lesson learned... hes becoming quite the smart one.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: Banez]
    #6452688 - 01/12/07 03:40 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

have fun with child services and bubba, your new roommate

--------------------

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#6452693 - 01/12/07 03:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I've never seen Andy Griffith  :tongue:

Edit: But if the parent shows satisfaction or anger in what they're doing it's just going to spawn a bully in their kid.

Edited by Disco Cat (01/12/07 03:42 PM)

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6452696 - 01/12/07 03:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

the disciplining episode was on last week, I really do watch that show, though, if my tv is plugged in and not in the closet

--------------------

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: Sillicybin]
    #6452990 - 01/12/07 04:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kidiot of Blin said: I don't plan on hitting out of anger, just to wake them up

Quote:

Sillicybin said:
HOWEVER,
KIDS SHOULD NEVER BE PHYSICALLY DISCIPLINED OUT OF ANGER.

Isn't that what I said?

--------------------

OfflineHeadTripVertigo
at least I'm housebroken
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: blink]
    #6453144 - 01/12/07 05:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

lol omar should have posted this thread in otd.

--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #6453150 - 01/12/07 05:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It's not too late...

InvisibleLeastResistance
Camp Pink Onion
Male

Loc: Dairyland
    #6453156 - 01/12/07 05:40 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

OH COURSE! what kind of respjewble adult would I be if I didnt give me kids weekly beats downs.... it builds hella character wink wink

--------------------
"Weaving Spiders Come Not Here"

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #6453204 - 01/12/07 05:53 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I'd never knock a kid upside the head, unless he was 17 or something and trying to knock me upside the head  :wink:

If my kids need a good spanking because they won't listen to anything else and are being little shits, then hell yes.  There is physical discipline in many species.

Will be a last resort.  If I am to parent, I want it to be an earn respect, responsibility and material poessesions type thing.  So you know,  he or she STEALS a cookie out of the cookie jar, no more cookies for awhile until they earn it back(save some money to go buy some or spend the day baking with the parent or something like that).  Groundings and cutting priveledges, that sort of thing.

That can only go so far though and then a good spanking is in order.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #6453346 - 01/12/07 06:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I probably will even though it didnt work on me or my sister. Maybe they didnt hit hard enough,or where doing something else wrong. My Cousins on the other hand got BEAT DOWNS. And all of them turned out great. They have great dicipline something i have zero of.All grew up to be Doctors Lawyers ect.Another thing everytime i stayed over at my Aunts house which was the one that whooped ass i would always be on my best behavior,Respected their house rules, and she got me to do shit my parents never could do like wash your dish after meals. :crazy:

Offlinephish_head_wi
Stranger
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: Spooge]
    #6453350 - 01/12/07 06:45 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i just wanna say that i'm really impressed with all of the insightful, ethical posts being made on this thread. only on the shroomery!  :cool: with that being said, as a victim of abuse myself, i can say that nothing good will come from hitting a kid, the only exception being a teenager who has really fucked up, i'm talking like getting expelled from school, shooting up heroin type fucked up, then a good ass-beating is in order, but other than that positive reinforcement for the most part.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #6453366 - 01/12/07 06:49 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

There's a huge difference between abuse and discipline

If a kid acts out, I don't see a problem with physical action (within reason, obviously...don't punch the kid or go near the face..a rap on the hand or butt should do it)

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: Boom]
    #6453419 - 01/12/07 07:08 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Some kids are out of control . And SMART .

Case in point . I was checking out at the grocery store the other day . The woman in front of me had a small child , maybe 5 or 6 that was making a mess out of the candy display , his Mom said if he didn't stop she was going to spank his bottom . He said , " Go ahead , I'll call 911"

I was floored . :confused:

I've never had to hit one of my kids , neither has Hubby . But He definitely has installed the fear of God into them . We'll hear a smack coming from the kids room , Hubby will bust through the door , and before he has to ask what happened , one of them will be saying , I hit her Daddy , I'm sorry , I'll never do it again , and they usually don't,lol .

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #6453427 - 01/12/07 07:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I think spankings are appropriate sometimes, particularly when a child is too young to reason with. But there's a big difference between spanking, and "hitting" as it's commonly understood.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Are you going to hit your kids? [Re: HippieChick]
    #6453460 - 01/12/07 07:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

My dad's attitude was ALWAYS enough for me until I got older. And although he had drinking problems, and was really annoying sometimes, he never ONCE hit me with a closed fist. The worst time he hit me was after I hit him,, right in the chest, with all I had, which I guess wasn't much :lol:

He smirked and hit me hard with an open hand. And laid me out on the ground for awhile. All it took was his palm. :wink:

But ya, take if from someone, who has....um , been a kid before. Tell you hubby...
The male voice is a POWERFUL parenting tool, especially when you add some base to your voice. The male voice can be enough for allot of kids USE IT :wink:

--------------------

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#6453470 - 01/12/07 07:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yes

Yes I am if I feel the situation is right

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates