Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: glass or plastic?? [Re: creamcorn]
    #6452772 - 01/12/07 03:56 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

creamcorn said:
I already admitted I should have worded it differently, but stand by the point I was trying to get across.

Go ahead and stroke your e-penis some more if it makes you feel good...

Get your own picture Cream corn,I used that one on him the other day when he swore at me like a child cause I told him I don't like polyfill:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebiggglesworth
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: glass or plastic?? [Re: atomic1]
    #6452822 - 01/12/07 04:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, i did have the jars on a rack and also on a wet washer when they cracked. and i have tried just leaving the pressure cooker to cool at its own pace with the same result which leaves me thinking must just be shit jars. anyhow, thanks for the advice on gladware containers etc. thats what ive just started using.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: glass or plastic?? [Re: biggglesworth]
    #6452914 - 01/12/07 04:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

bigglesworth, if the jars were on a rack and you didn't rapidly release the pressure, then your jars are of a type that are unsuitable for use in a PC.

One should never release pressure immediately after the cycle. The very rapid cooldown from 250F to 212F while the grains or other substrate inside of the jars is still 250F, will cause many jars to break. Furthermore, water at 250F must be under pressure to exist in the liquid state.(please don't repeat that distilled water in a microwave story) Therefore, when you release pressure, you also release moisture from the substrate. That is a fact of physics. It can be made up for by adding more water to begin with, but now you're forced to figure out how much is going to be lost. That is beyond the reach of the new folks trying to learn so many other facets of the hobby. It's far better to tell them to NOT release pressure early to remove one more variable from the equation.

You guys need to quit jerking with each other's ratings over these pissing matches. It looks just as bad to give a zero rating as it does to receive one. When you get calmed down, go back and fix/edit them please. Thanks.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: glass or plastic?? [Re: rawtoxic]
    #6455586 - 01/13/07 01:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I usually let it cool down for like 5 minutes then pull the weight off. If you wait the 5 minutes the steam release is not as forceful, therefore the pressure drop not as extreme. I've never lost a jar in the PC doing it this way, and everything grew just fine. tyvek/polyfill.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags