Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT
    #6450029 - 01/11/07 06:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

ok so i was just sitting down watching a college basketball game, pretty stoned and i saw this guy hit a 3 point, nothing but net, SWISH jumpshot and i was thinking in my head, man that was a perfect shot.

this then lead me to start thinking about perfectism and how none is perfect. So i started thinking deeply on this and kept resurfacing in my head "no one is perfect, no one is perfect". but then i got the thinking....if no one is perfect, then is there even really such a THING as perfect???and if there is such a thing as perfect and no one is perfect, the GOD must be perfect, ya know?

im saying, if its sought to be that noone on earth is perfect, then there has to BE something PERFECT in order to counteract this thought right??

so i kinda came to a conclusion thats not completey strait edge and final, and that is

if no one is perfect,then the most perfect thing is GOD. That is the most perfect thing in existance......
but if there is no god, OR, if no one really isnt perfect then in retrospect EVERYONE IS PERFECT!!!!!! :grin: :sun:

does that make sense to you guys? what do you all think about this??

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #6450059 - 01/11/07 06:56 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I look at it two ways, either nothing is perfect, or everything is perfect, and along the way, we (humans) traded our perfection for comfort

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: demiu5]
    #6450081 - 01/11/07 07:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

it makes sense

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #6450141 - 01/11/07 07:22 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Perfect is pretty much only a construct of our worldly psyche..

But if I was to believe in the word perfect this would be my opinion:
If there is such a thing as a God and he is perfect, and creates imperfect beings then is not he himself flawed?

If one person is perfect and there is a God, isn't it so that god also must be perfect to create this being? And if god is perfect he only creates perfect beings and then all is perfect.

So all is perfect or all is flawed.

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Invisibleadrug

Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: Nalim]
    #6450158 - 01/11/07 07:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

My money is on 'flawed'.

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: adrug]
    #6450168 - 01/11/07 07:30 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Mine to, I couldn't possibly be such an a-hole and still be perfect :mrburns:

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #6450361 - 01/11/07 08:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"Perfect", of course, is merely a name. And just as a person is not really their name, Reality is not really 'perfect'. Although as far as constructing a map of reality goes, which is what we're doing here, I would say that reality, as such, is totally complete and perfect at every instant. There is nothing outside of this present moment, no past, no future. This present moment is absolute; complete unto itself.

No need to bring in supernatural beings, they are a part of reality too (maybe).

Continue with this line of thought, it leads to some profound and important conclusions.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #6450471 - 01/11/07 09:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"Perfectly I'm·perfect!"
-Unknown

OfflineMaitereya
bohemian

Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: Gomp]
    #6450518 - 01/11/07 09:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

im going to go with everything and everyone is perfect because everyone and everything is 'god'. threfore god is perfect and everyone is perfect. there is no or.

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: Maitereya]
    #6450762 - 01/11/07 11:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

dblaney said:
Quote:

"Perfect", of course, is merely a name. And just as a person is not really their name, Reality is not really 'perfect'. Although as far as constructing a map of reality goes, which is what we're doing here, I would say that reality, as such, is totally complete and perfect at every instant. There is nothing outside of this present moment, no past, no future. This present moment is absolute; complete unto itself.

:thumbup:

--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji
"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."
"My karma ran over my dogma!"

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: Gomp]
    #6450778 - 01/11/07 11:16 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
"Perfectly I'm·perfect!"
-Unknown

:earth: :thumbup: :mushroom2:  :chew:  :laugh: :crazy2: :shineon:

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:

--------------------

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6452084 - 01/12/07 12:43 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

By acknowledging imperfection, we acknowlegde that things could be "perfect". It's a matter of who's defining perfect.

Either everything is perfect or everything is imperfect, because it's all the same really.

We can at least acknowledge that everything simply is. It's always been how its been and it'll be how it'll be, no matter how we judge it.

I would agree, that everything is perfect.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: Grok]
    #6452284 - 01/12/07 01:52 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Perfection is a human created idea. Perfect is not who we are but what we try to be. Leave nothing behind. Also things are so imperfect that when we try to reach perfection we are only creating this illusion that things are better. Things are only different. Difference is.

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: Droz]
    #6452610 - 01/12/07 03:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

No, perfection is the state of being without flaws, for a person or for an object, or for love or existence. Anything, minus all flaws, would be perfection.

Quote:

im saying, if its sought to be that noone on earth is perfect, then there has to BE something PERFECT in order to counteract this thought right??

Deffinitely  :thumbup:

Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Pharm
Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6452746 - 01/12/07 03:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Im perfect. Its all a matter of perspective. Is a perfect circle perfect? Maybe its supposed to be a square.

--------------------
Mother goose said to the swan "Is that PCP your cooking?" and the swan replied "Yes, yes it is.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: jonnyjonjonjon]
    #6452881 - 01/12/07 04:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

That it's a matter of perspective could be an imperfect view of it. Are you perfect? Why? Just because you're you and no one has authority to tell you different?

Being acceptable, being perfectly acceptable as you are, isn't the same as being perfect as you are.

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: Droz]
    #6453139 - 01/12/07 05:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Droz said:
Perfection is a human created idea.

What do we think about that isn't? Are not all of our thoughts human created ideas about ourselves and what's around us?

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Edited by cilosyb (01/12/07 05:36 PM)

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: Grok]
    #6453217 - 01/12/07 05:57 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

But reality doesn't conform to our concepts, our concepts conform to reality.
Ideas aren't really human created, just as perfection isn't, but humans need to go through a process of leaning to make use of them.
I think ideas are a reaction to reality.

Offlinefivepointer
    #6453381 - 01/12/07 06:54 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

God is absolutely PERFECT. Not only that but He demands this same perfection from His creatures. Now this is a real problem, since no one is perfect, and God demands perfection, men are in real trouble. God can not even look upon anything that is less than perfect. God's wrath is kindled by every form of imperfection.

In order that men may see the righteous demand of God, He has given the law, which can be summed up as love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind and love thy neighbor as thyself. Now men, since they are blind to the perfect righteousness of God, go about to follow these commands thinking that they can somehow, by their own merits, find favor with God. They have missed what the law was given for. The law is to get people to realize that they can never obey its demands, it is a killing instrument. It is to turn them away from their own righteous efforts and drive them to the only one who met God's righteous demands PERFECTLY, Jesus Christ. Jesus, since He is perfect, God can look at Him, and be perfectly pleased. Jesus obeyed the law in its strictest form, having come under the wrath of God for the sins (imperfections) of His people. God's wrath was poured out on Jesus for those imperfections. These imperfections were imputed to Him. In turn the perfect righteousness of Jesus is imputed to His people. This is the only way a sinner can be reconciled to God.

Nothing a sinner does can be pleasing to God. The best religious efforts are like filthy rags. Once a man is brought into conviction of God's righteousness and his own imperfection and darkness, only then can he begin to understand the gospel, which is good news to hell deserving sinners. Every part of salvation is a free gift, which is in no way contingent a sinner meeting a condition. Sinners come with nothing but sin, they have no purchasing power, they are spiritually bankrupt and lost. But He came to seek and save that which was lost. Praise God who is both PERFECT and merciful.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: i think i just had a breakthrough....EVERYONE, or GOD IS PERFECT [Re: fivepointer]
    #6453634 - 01/12/07 08:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
God is absolutely PERFECT. Not only that but He demands this same perfection from His creatures.

Impossible. Having such impossible expectations would inherently make someone imperfect. A perfect driver would not expect his car to drive forever without refueling. To be perfect implies perfect understanding, which implies realistic expectations. Therefore, your argument is self-contradictory. QED

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order