Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLedHead
Stranger

fellow daily smokers help me
    #6448782 - 01/11/07 01:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

ive been smoking daily now for 2 years. longest breaks ive taken have been like 8 days in the last 2 years and ive only done that about twice. anyway i feel that ive noticed something over the last semester. in class i feel like when im stoned i feel more shy and have more anxiety about answering questions and other things of that nature, when i go sober i usually am not anxious about this at all. i used to do public speaking before i became a smoker and sure id get nervous but never like this in a classroom. can daily smoking lead to this?

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: fellow daily smokers help me [Re: LedHead]
    #6448800 - 01/11/07 01:30 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yes. But my guess is that it is less related to smoking itself than to a change in your psyche.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

OfflineBikerfool
Your Local Edgelord
Male

#6448825 - 01/11/07 01:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, smoking will interfere with your sober life and can change your personality. It casued me to lose control of my thoughts, social paranoia, and other things. But it may be different for other people. I just think that it affects people in bigger ways then they give credit to. I got done with pot after I started having problems in class. I'm glad I did.

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: fellow daily smokers help me [Re: Bikerfool]
    #6449080 - 01/11/07 02:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

so will this stop if i stop smoking?? i can tell the difference when im sober, definately no anxiety its mostly just while stoned. i dont think its caused permanent changes...

--------------------

OfflineBikerfool
Your Local Edgelord
Male

#6449146 - 01/11/07 02:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Doesn't sound like you're reaping much bennefit from smoking if it gives you anxiety. Why do you smoke? Social reasons, habit, escape?

Offlinethedman
I am the coyote
 User Gallery
Loc: out of this world
    #6449206 - 01/11/07 03:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe the reason is different now or there is no reason at all any longer, its just a continuation of a habit and as you grow older you mature things change your brain changes as well as your priorities in life and smoking pot just alters your perception differently now, maybe you should cut way back or quit smoking its just an aspect of life and now its not a main one.

--------------------
Got to bag em up!

Offlineelaspeinreason
psychonaut
Male

Loc: fairfax virginia
    #6449221 - 01/11/07 03:07 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bikerfool said:
Yes, smoking will interfere with your sober life and can change your personality. It caused me to lose control of my thoughts, social paranoia, and other things. But it may be different for other people. I just think that it affects people in bigger ways then they give credit to. I got done with pot after I started having problems in class. I'm glad I did.

I agree that smoking may cause personality changes , although often times the more serious cases involve individuals who are predisposed to the condition(s).Explaining the situation as i see it may bring about some understanding.
The byproduct of the personality change is the paranoia. By-in-large the "paranoia disorders" habitual smokers refer to likely stem from analyzation and over-analyzation of their conscious & surroundings-
Quote:

It caused me to lose control of my thoughts, social paranoia, and other things.

This is most undesired and symptoms include: continuous replaying of scenarios,recognition of the overlooked- dealing with a myriad of issues and questions generally considered superfluous ,questions that provoke a perpetual misunderstanding of surroundings, so on and so forth( each of these being compounded by the slight to moderate lethargic effects of smoking ).
Working on that premise i am convinced these "undesired effects" have a root problem in the desired effects;the dissecting point being lack-of-moderation.Think of the title of this post " Fellow Daily smokers...", that surely does not inspire the idea that you  smoke ever-so-often ?
Quote:

I got done with pot after I started having problems in class. I'm glad I did.

I contend these simple solutions are the most effective:
SLOW your smoking
MODERATE how often
DONT ISOLATE yourself from society (  pot smokers , at times , tend to avoid social gatherings, events, news ,traditions ..these are crucial if maintaining a relationship with society is the goal)
and might i add DO NOT SMOKE before class, the " get high get high scores " fails.

hope i helped. :wink:
BE BLISSFUL
-eE

--------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one

Diploid said:
What's with proclaiming freedom by abridging freedom? That makes no sense.

Edited by elaspeinreason (01/11/07 03:13 PM)

OfflineCryptopsy
Stranger
Male
Loc: NZ
    #6449301 - 01/11/07 03:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"so will this stop if i stop smoking??"
So what, when blazed u are more anxious in social settings? And this behaviour is creeping into straight life? My personal experience says yes. I find being stoned in social settings rather awkward sometimes. U think about shit too much, second guess yourself all the time and , at least for the first few times u're wondering "fuck, my eyes are red as, everyone knows". With class this is worse too cause u kinda need to think about shit and have a short term memory. I find when I stop smoking for a few days I'm actually in some ways more social- by this I mean much more clever at giving people shit.

One important thing to do is blame all the awkwardness on weed. U really need to make a sharp distinction between the two states of mind. This can be hard as if u smoke alot, u lose some of the ability to determine when u're stoned or not, it becomes so normal. Make a point of being sociable when straight. U could try it stoned too, but my guess is u probably wont be bothered and u could make a dick of yourself when u forget people's names, lose track of conversations and
day dream when people talk to u.

And stop smoking before class. I know its hard, it probably doesnt even seem like close to the right thing, but u dont need that shit. I've been thru all that, doing assignments stoned smoking instead of studying. I've seen it so many cases too. Your marks may be ok- I got A+ s for essays written ripped as, but they will suffer. Smoke at nights.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6449387 - 01/11/07 03:56 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

when im stoned i feel more shy and have more anxiety about answering questions and other things of that nature, when i go sober i usually am not anxious about this at all. i used to do public speaking before i became a smoker and sure id get nervous but never like this in a classroom. can daily smoking lead to this?

Daily smoking can actually lead to you developing social anxiety disorder, so that you get very shy all of the time, even years after you've quit. If heavy pot use nudges you towards that direction, one day, the nudges might stick.

You got to unlearn the anxiety, this you can do best by stopping your use of cannabis for let's say 100 days, and during that time engaging in a lot of behavior. You are in the process of learning the wrong thing, anxiety, don't let that eat at you.

If you want to get high, only get high at the close of day, when there are no social obligations between you and a good night's sleep.

One thing I can recommend you if you do not want to stop, and that is to halve your doses. If you smoke half as much a day, the influence cannabis has on your life decreases too.

Perhaps a tolerance prevents you from noticing that you put too much in a bowl.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineSpring_Sword
Stranger
    #6449518 - 01/11/07 04:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, smoking before a speech or a large social event can give people lots of anxiety, it usually does take a tolerance to build up to this point. Don' mix weed and school, as much as you might want to and you'll do just fine. Good luck with that, after the first week, you won't even THINK about getting high, or you will but have no desire to go there.

Offlinetoastandjam
Tastes Grate, Lesh Philling
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: fellow daily smokers help me [Re: Spring_Sword]
    #6450631 - 01/11/07 10:12 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I have gone through bouts of this myself, and continue to periodically, but I've found that they're highly (no pun intended) dependent on the social grouping I'm in with at the time. 

If you're smoking lots of pot, chances are you're used to the concept of having to be covert about it, and by extension, that those around you are disapproving or even hostile.  Thinking that you need to worry about keeping something so regular to you so far away from yourself with regards to everyone around you, essentially denying what is part of your daily existence, is bound to make a person shy and hesitant.  Cutting back is a very good idea, but remember to go with the flow.  People don't know anything that you don't tell them, and most really aren't looking.  Show them who you really are!  :laugh:

--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #6450639 - 01/11/07 10:17 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

tons of people report this.

--------------------

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

#6450649 - 01/11/07 10:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It happened to me. The only way it got better is to accept it...letting the anxiety take over completely

ahhhh.

let it into your body
let it into your veins
spaz the fuck out
twitch in front of close friends

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Re: fellow daily smokers help me [Re: thatiAM]
    #6450668 - 01/11/07 10:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I've started noting this as well. I haven't ever really had self confidence or social issues, but lately ive been awkward and uncertain in situations (namely with a girl I'm interested in) that I'm usually much more levelheaded. Its probably not a direct result of the weed, more likely the lifestyle choices that I've been making lately.

OfflineOddiz
Stranger
Re: fellow daily smokers help me [Re: thatiAM]
    #6450676 - 01/11/07 10:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I quit my daily smoking just yesterday. After a very hard acid trip I looked at myself and decided its time to take a long break or maybe quit all together. Ive only been smoking every day for about 9mos with a couple of week long breaks.

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: fellow daily smokers help me [Re: Oddiz]
    #6450873 - 01/11/07 11:56 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It's healthy to have a bit of anxiety. However, an excess of it is not good. Marijuana can turn a loud and outgoing extrovert into an introvert. I find that quitting every so often takes away the anxiety rather fast.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
    #6451143 - 01/12/07 03:32 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

When you get anxiety from smoking, its the Cannabis Godess telling you to lay off it for a while. It will stop when you stop using it.

The reason for the Godess to do this, is that she doesn't talk. She can only show you that what you are doing is not good for you, by playing on your emotions and thoughtpatterns, and hope that you have an icy stomach and the ability to distance yourself from your feelings and judge the situation from a safe viewpoint - i.e, don't compare yourself to your paranoia, recognize your paranoia and work with it.

Just stop smoking for a while, until you get a real good reason to be high. It may been too long, but if you really think about it, you'll remember that you can get real highs from being sober too. And those highs are more varying than Cannabis highs as well, so maybe she's trying to tell you that there is more to life.

:smile:

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

OfflineSpring_Sword
Stranger
Re: fellow daily smokers help me [Re: slaphappy]
    #6452197 - 01/12/07 01:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

slaphappy said:

The reason for the Godess to do this, is that she doesn't talk. She can only show you that what you are doing is not good for you, by playing on your emotions and thoughtpatterns, and hope that you have an icy stomach and the ability to distance yourself from your feelings and judge the situation from a safe viewpoint - i.e, don't compare yourself to your paranoia, recognize your paranoia and work with it.

Just stop smoking for a while, until you get a real good reason to be high. It may been too long, but if you really think about it, you'll remember that you can get real highs from being sober too. And those highs are more varying than Cannabis highs as well, so maybe she's trying to tell you that there is more to life.

:smile:

Great Advice

OfflineKangKoopa
Kang OfToadstool Land
 User Gallery

Loc: Some where down river
Re: fellow daily smokers help me [Re: Spring_Sword]
    #6452321 - 01/12/07 02:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I have those same problems... been smoking 6 years

I've wondered what was up with me aswell.. I found this out about myself so you could relate...

One I learned that I had anxiety in the first place it was just very small. I think that being blow'd (stoned) amongst people who prosecute or look down upon "pot". It gave me anxiety very badly where i was almost paranoid and couldnt act out as i normally do even when im stoned.. so it wasnt the WEED, it was the people i was around. im still like this.. except i can go to the grocery store, or in public on my own time. But if going to work or whatever i think people breathe to much into it so im worried to much and it gives me anxiety and cant even function like i normally do.. Work, police, & family (family doesnt fuck with me bad unless my eyes are fucked) are the only situations though like i said when im amongst a crowd that looks down and judges. but if im kickin it on my own time, shopping for grocieries, ect... then everythings good..

im thinking this could be the only answer if your normally outgoing while being stoned. im sure your thinking alot better when your high huh? its just you cant be outloud about it? definitly a social thing..

dont listen to anybody who says stop smoking for awhile? whats he going to do start smoking again and it will reoccur then what? stop and go into denial mind frame thinking one cant handle a simple herb? step up be a king and smoke that shit... hhaha get real man im sure he's just smoking commercial your fine just stop smoking b4 class if it affects your learning, if it doesnt then work on being confortable while high and in school answering and being outgoing and public...

--------------------
"Stability is Luxury"

Edited by KangKoopa (01/12/07 02:11 PM)

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: fellow daily smokers help me [Re: KangKoopa]
    #6452345 - 01/12/07 02:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i appreciate all the advice guys

--------------------

OfflineGirlNinja
Goddess of Love
Female

Loc: The Dirty South
    #6452483 - 01/12/07 02:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LedHead said:
ive been smoking daily now for 2 years. longest breaks ive taken have been like 8 days in the last 2 years and ive only done that about twice. anyway i feel that ive noticed something over the last semester. in class i feel like when im stoned i feel more shy and have more anxiety about answering questions and other things of that nature, when i go sober i usually am not anxious about this at all. i used to do public speaking before i became a smoker and sure id get nervous but never like this in a classroom. can daily smoking lead to this?

its jut normal weed paranoia
don't get too blazed b4 class
take a valium instead LOL

--------------------
Thanks,
Dani

"How much suffering and fear, and
How many harmful things are in existence?
If all arises from clinging to the "I",
What should I do with this great demon?"

OfflineBlindLemon
waves
Male

Loc: so cal
Re: fellow daily smokers help me [Re: GirlNinja]
    #6453693 - 01/12/07 08:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I dont get high before class anymore beacause of the same reason.

Smoke after class, its very reliving.

--------------------

Im a fucking spiral..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom