Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecauseidontknow
Loc: Way up north
I birthed a jars today..........UPSIDE DOWN??????/
    #644663 - 05/25/02 10:23 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I birthed a few of my jars today.Cakes on perlite. My question is wich way do I set the cake.The way it sat in the jar or upside down.

--------------------
Trying like the devil to find the Lord... Working like a slave for my room and board ......Wood burning stove no natural gas...... Now if that ain't country.. I'll kiss your ass.!!!!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushman420
Re: I birthed a jars today..........UPSIDE DOWN??????/ [Re: causeidontknow]
    #644684 - 05/25/02 10:40 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

It really doesn't matter which way the cake is birthed but you shouldnt have your cake sitting directly on the perlite should leave the cake on the jar lid. hope that helped peace

--------------------
Ive come from a distant planet for earth's woderful natrual drugs

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#644862 - 05/25/02 01:31 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Well Ive notced tthat i get better flushes from cakes when they are placed in the direction as the mycelium was growing, so right side up. The uncolonized dry verm on top kinda makes like a mini-casing layer, where most of my mushrooms will form, probably because my humidity wasn't high enough. Try misting the tops a little every few days and you'll see a lot of your shrooms forming off that verm layer.

As for a platform, ive also found that taking foil and poking a few holes in it, and setting the cakes on that does real well.

OfflineUrbanistiC
Hmm....
Male

Loc: Seattle, Wa.
Re: I birthed a jars today..........UPSIDE DOWN??????/ [Re: angryshroom]
    #644878 - 05/25/02 02:02 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I never had any problems up or down. But I do suggest learning how to case that cake. If you want a bigger yield, then that is the way to go. Besides, its easy.

Just my 2 cents.

--------------------
Keep it ReaL.

OfflinePortal
Stranger
Loc: US
    #644893 - 05/25/02 02:27 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I am new but have recently found out about geolite (can be found at good hydro stores) it is good to set your cakes on, and a lot cleaner then perlite. If you are going to do cakes this is my suggestion to you.

--------------------
"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws"
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

FAPA -- member since 5.22.02

OfflineC12H17N204P
enthusiast

Loc: Minnesota, USA
Re: I birthed a jars today..........UPSIDE DOWN??????/ [Re: Portal]
    #645233 - 05/25/02 07:38 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I you guys visit Wally World, you'll find plastic canning lids in with the Kerr jars and such. I have use these lids and have gotten great results. What I did was take fully colonized cakes and place them on these lids, so that the cake is sitting on the upside down lid (what I mean is the flip side of how you would screw a normal lid on.) ANyhow, thise lids are oversized for 1/2 pints and I don't know why but my flushes must be atleast 20% larger. Now tie this in with a rehydrating technique down the center of the cake and you're going to make casings look like ginger whine!

--------------------
"My mind is full of dreams...
My eyes filled with fantasies
I hear what I see
And see what I hear
My senses are not dulled, I simply see clear"

The Green Pages
"My heart is broke, but I have some glue, help me inhale, and mend it with you." - R.I.P. KDB

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck