Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: DMT tolerance? [Re: namaste]
    #6444438 - 01/10/07 09:56 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

namaste said:
Depends on whom you ask. Though many will disagree with me, I've of the camp that thinks they're the same thing only Salvia is 1000x better.

I do disagree...but I understand we all work differently, and if salvia gets you where you want to be, then all the power to ya.

Personally, I tried salvia a few times, and I hated it. Then I tried it a few more times and made up my mind never to do that shit again. It feels like a gas trip, and nothing ever good came from any of my trips. On the other hand I LOVE DMT. Its power is unmatched, and its clarity is pure. I could do DMT endlessly into the night meeting a greeting with other beings as I hop through the endless and infinite realities.

Also, DMT is made in the brain, it is what grounds you to reality. Salvia has some intense effects, but you arent flooding your brain with the chemical that gives you this reality.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: DMT tolerance? [Re: dedjam]
    #6444771 - 01/10/07 12:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"Also, DMT is made in the brain, it is what grounds you to reality. Salvia has some intense effects, but you arent flooding your brain with the chemical that gives you this reality."

From what I've read, there is absolutely no evidence that supports this. There's no evidence that it's even a neurotransmitter. It hasn't even been found in levels that are anywhere near threshold active doses. I think the source article I read was this one http://taylorandfrancis.metapress.com/(lgyszz3es2gk2hu01stktm55)/app/home/contribution.asp?referrer=parent&backto=issue,3,9;journal,15,81;linkingpublicationresults,1:101948,1 though it must have been posted in full somewhere, as I read the specific average amounts found in different samples, otherwise I can't find the original article. But detected amounts in human organs were in the picogram per kilogram range, and the highest average amount was .15 *micrograms* per kilogram in poop, and .1ug/kg in urine. I don't think there is any evidence of DMT being produced in the brain, only strassman's theories.

This would mean that in order to extract a dose of DMT from the highest concentrated area relating to a human body, you would need 200,000 kilos of shit for one 30mg dose.

No offense intended. I love dmt too, 1000x more than salvia. It would be neat to think that it plays a role in dreams, death, near death/mystical expriences. But at the moment, there is absolutely no fact that backs this up, so we can't be running around claiming it to be true.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: DMT tolerance? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6445123 - 01/10/07 02:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Koala Koolio said:
"Also, DMT is made in the brain, it is what grounds you to reality. Salvia has some intense effects, but you arent flooding your brain with the chemical that gives you this reality."

From what I've read, there is absolutely no evidence that supports this. There's no evidence that it's even a neurotransmitter. It hasn't even been found in levels that are anywhere near threshold active doses. I think the source article I read was this one http://taylorandfrancis.metapress.com/(lgyszz3es2gk2hu01stktm55)/app/home/contribution.asp?referrer=parent&backto=issue,3,9;journal,15,81;linkingpublicationresults,1:101948,1 though it must have been posted in full somewhere, as I read the specific average amounts found in different samples, otherwise I can't find the original article. But detected amounts in human organs were in the picogram per kilogram range, and the highest average amount was .15 *micrograms* per kilogram in poop, and .1ug/kg in urine. I don't think there is any evidence of DMT being produced in the brain, only strassman's theories.

This would mean that in order to extract a dose of DMT from the highest concentrated area relating to a human body, you would need 200,000 kilos of shit for one 30mg dose.

No offense intended. I love dmt too, 1000x more than salvia. It would be neat to think that it plays a role in dreams, death, near death/mystical expriences. But at the moment, there is absolutely no fact that backs this up, so we can't be running around claiming it to be true.

Read more in search of knowledge instead of trying to prove it wrong. Strassman isnt the only one that agrees.

Most of the "science" behind psychedelics is relative theory. How they work, what is going on in there, why they work differently...

Sorry, I learned a long time ago not to put my full faith in science (as science is nothing but faith itself, psychedelics teach that first and foremost). I am sorry that it hasnt been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, but it hasnt been disproven. It's isnt an area heavily researched due to government stipulations.

I understand where you are comming from, and I thank god my mind doesnt work like yours. It does me pretty damn good though.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: DMT tolerance? [Re: dedjam]
    #6445204 - 01/10/07 02:35 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I did read in search of knowledge. I would love to believe that DMT is a natural neurotransmitter. Of the little evidence there is, nothing comes close to supporting that, so I have no reason to believe it to be true. No study suggests it, and no DMT elves have whispered it in my ear,

I could just as easily suggest that you read more in search of knowledge instead of searching for theories that support what you'd like to be true. Nothing wrong with that, though. I'd be perfectly happy if I found out one day that the world of DMT is the core of all existence which exists in a single instance, and that science, consciousness, and the senses are all an illusion created in a struggle to grasp this single truth.

Hell, maybe all of the rest of that is true. But I still have no reason to believe that DMT is a natural neurotransmitter, (and I don't need to believe that it is in order to respect its incredible power) because that's a thought of the world of science... a world which currently has evidence that can only suggest otherwise. The evidence might not be much at this time, as you've said. But it's more than that which suggests that it is a neurotransmitter. So, I'm not quite sure you understand how my mind works. It is not confined to the world of science, but that is one of the ways my mind can work. When you enter the scientific realm of discussion covering a dualistic question such as, "Is DMT a natural neurotransmitter or is it not?", I will weigh out the given support for either possible answer.

So, I find it wrong to say as if it's a fact, "DMT is made in the brain, it is what grounds you to reality." as someone reading it may very well think that you're referencing proven data when you should actually be representing it as what you feel to be true yourself.

Do you understand where I'm coming from?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinenamaste
Mayor of ODD
 User Gallery

Loc: Mom's Kitchen
Re: DMT tolerance? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6445940 - 01/10/07 07:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Koala Koolio said:
I'd be perfectly happy if I found out one day that the world of DMT is the core of all existence which exists in a single instance, and that science, consciousness, and the senses are all an illusion created in a struggle to grasp this single truth.

:smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale