Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineictoasnrnsigwt
Weirder
friend with anxiety
    #6442048 - 01/09/07 03:04 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I'm gonna be tripping with a friend this weekend who has anxiety. he's on kolonopan(sp?) which works fine to suppress anxiety while high while high. he'll be on a small dose but I'm worried he might have an anxiety attack anyway. is there any things i can do to make anxiety less likely. set and setting are all already good, hes been looking forward to dropping for a while now and he doesn't want to wait for his anxiety to go away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecrimsonblood
It's no fun tillsomeone dies
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sydney , Australia.
Re: friend with anxiety [Re: ictoasnrnsigwt]
    #6442241 - 01/09/07 04:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Well since he's looking foward to tripping, he must be fairly postitive about the whole thing wich is a great state of mind before you go tripping, but it can be upredictable, if he ends up having an axiety attack try and calm him down best you can.

Offlinekinrui
連邦捜査
Male User Gallery

Loc: 地獄
Re: friend with anxiety [Re: crimsonblood]
    #6442274 - 01/09/07 04:35 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

5 - 10mg of Inderal will help contain his anxiety without any euphoric or sedating effect at all. Klonopin, Diazapam and other tranquilizers will alter the effects of LSD. It will be pleasant but sedating.

Hope that was helpful.

--------------------
((-Live with passion-))

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: friend with anxiety [Re: kinrui]
    #6442465 - 01/09/07 05:35 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

How bad is his anxiety in general? I used to get anxiety attacks - and actually found LSD played a big role in helping me get over them.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: friend with anxiety [Re: kaniz]
    #6442814 - 01/09/07 07:00 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Just make sure he is mentally capable and confident... get him comfortable doing some relaxation exercises to build his confidence about relaxing himself.
Talk with him about the connection between physiology and relaxation (heart and breathing rate) and then do some breathing exercises with him... take his heart rate before and after and let him prove to himself that he has the power to control his physiology.

Helping him think along these lines should be plenty enough to keep him feeling safe on a trip, and might even help him improve his anxiety in general.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: friend with anxiety [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6442897 - 01/09/07 07:34 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

LSD helped me figure out the roots of my anxiety and basically cure me from it.

Offlinepsychonautix
21st CenturySchizoid Man
Male

Loc: 3532i 122393j 243509k
    #6443093 - 01/09/07 08:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

" Individuals with a family history of schizophrenia or early onset mental illness should be extremely careful because LSD is known to trigger latent psychological and mental problems."

-erowid

First let me say that I have a family history of schizos and alcoholics. Knowing full well what the consequences of my actions could have been I decided to ingest mushrooms and LSD several times over the course of the past three years.

My life has been up and down since then, some trips leaving me with a hopefulness of self improvement, others with complete despair and increased paranoia.

I'm going to come right out and say it, I don't think its a very good idea for your friend to do this when it is already apparent that he has some anxiety issues. That being said, I don't believe it will stop either of you from doing it so allow me to reiterate what you have probably read everywhere.

Environment:
If you are thinking of doing this somewhere public, or where anyone unapproving could come into contact, rethink your location. I found that by completely removing myself from any possibility of anyone knowing about the craziness erupting in my skull I was less likely to begin a long and painful mental trip to hell. Pick a place that you know will be safe. If you have parents to deal with, be patient and wait for a time when there is no way they could interrupt or interfere.

People:
The best thing to do with someone who has some anxiety is to let them come into the trip at their own pace. Your friend might be slightly apprehensive at the onset, but if you just let him do his thing until he gets comfortable, I'd say he'd probably be really fun to geek out with. It may be tempting during the onset to try to help your friend, but doing this may trigger a dangerous thought pattern of self loathing. Also remember to remain patient, very patient. If any sign of impatience flashes across your persona, he may take it very hard and it can lead to bad vibes.

Vibes:
Don't set out to accomplish anything. Just kick it. If he is having trouble and he expresses it, simply remind him that everyone is just chillin, and enjoying whatever may be happening at that point in time. Meditation may be helpful at stressful times. Since I picked up meditation I've found many trip situations become more manageable when I simple give myself time to remember that its all good! Sometimes it feels like its all flying by too fast, thats when I take a moment and calm my nerves and remember to breathe again.

Worst case:
He starts to freak out. He thinks that everyone is against him and that life is not worth living. He believes that he is completely incompetent and that the world isn't for him. Put on some radiohead, play some video games. Watch a comforting movie. Meditate. I cant stress enough how simply taking a few moments to reorient yourself through some mediation can immediately reverse a bad trip.

Reminder:
LSD is a long trip, be prepared for the worst but hope for the best! Peace and Love!

--------------------
Elevate Organically.

Offlineictoasnrnsigwt
Weirder
Re: friend with anxiety [Re: kaniz]
    #6443148 - 01/09/07 08:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kaniz said:
How bad is his anxiety in general? I used to get anxiety attacks - and actually found LSD played a big role in helping me get over them.

its been almost a year since hes had a bad attack but he once started having trouble breathing, got tunnel vision, and couldn't move his limbs. that attack lasted for about 10 minutes.

I planned on doing a little bit of meditation just prior to and during the onset to both calm him and my thoughts of what will happen if he freaks out.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
    #6443277 - 01/09/07 09:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Well, everyone's head is a little different and may not respond the same. But, for awhile I was getting anxiety attacks - tunnel vision, hard time breathing, urge to vomit / etc. Simple things could trigger an attack like "do I buy a coffee at tim hortons, or get a free one from the office?" would make me want to run home and curl up into bed all day.

Anyways, that being said - I found that LSD had a BIG role in helping me deal with my anxiety. I had tried Therapy for a short while, and was also no Ativan for a bit. I had a hefty LSD trip one day, which, as some one else in this thread said..." LSD helped me figure out the roots of my anxiety and basically cure me from it. "

I was walking home from a friends house while on LSD, and got sitting in park on a bench getting lost in thought, and started to dwell on my Anxiety, why I have it, what it is, etc, and came to the conclusion of "I am anxious because it feels as if I am out of control of my life. But, my life is a consequence of my actions, therefore I am in control of my life" - a very simple conclusion to come to, but it really struck a cord with me.

The next bit of the trip was a bit of a head-fuck - I was going for a walk, and now and then various things would start to happen that would freak me out - I'd get scared, anxious, nervous, etc and want to start heading home. I'd keep turning back to head home, but then figure "no, I need to deal with this", would turn around, keep walking and work through whatever fear / anxiety cropped up.

I got to the park that I was walking to, and it felt like a huge burden had been lifted off from my shoulders. I relaxed there for a bit, then headed back home feeling great.

Since then, my anxiety has been far less of an issue, I havn't had a serious anxiety attack since then, and when I do feel anxiety comming on, it feels as if I have a whole set of mental tools to deal with it without needing to reach for the ativan.

Thats just my expierence with LSD and anxiety, and if anything - I've found it to be a HUGE help and a very positive expierence. I find that LSD really places me into a positive mindset to begin with, and on LSD, I also find that it feels like you are presented with the option of "do I just go with it and enjoy it, or do I let it freak me out?"

Like, walking down the street - everything around me vanished and got replaced by this detailed interlocking dancing man pattern. Houses, trees, ground - poof, replaced with this pattern. I had no idea where i was, it was "do I let this feeling of being lost freak me out? or do I just go with it and enjoy exploring this new world", and I'd take the choice to go with it and enjoy it.

I've found on LSD that it can be pretty easy to steer your mental direction into a positive place.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies