Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: burtonRebel]
    #6440174 - 01/08/07 11:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

you shouldnt be hunting mushrooms if you dont know what a amanita phalloid is. its responsible predisposed knowlege to not pick shit that your not familiar with.

--------------------
Wreck yourself before you check yourself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #6440180 - 01/08/07 11:13 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

how do you guys type so much?

--------------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: notapillow]
    #6440212 - 01/08/07 11:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

burtonRebel: You got any pictures of a good day picking, like me and auweia's? Ohh it looks like you got no pictures at all actually. Forgot you loves shrooms so much and have been picking for so many years, you just signed on the shroomery last week. Guess you were so confident you don't need the shroomery or feild guides. Or a cemera?

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6440219 - 01/08/07 11:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

your so silly. do you really want to see pictures?

--------------------

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: notapillow]
    #6440220 - 01/08/07 11:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:
how do you guys type so much?

i have an excuse. im visiting my grandparents and dont have access to a tv.

--------------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6440232 - 01/08/07 11:42 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

burtonRebel:
SE Asians pick Volvariella volvacea, similar looking to the death cap, and grows in large amounts in their native countries.They believe they are familiar with it. It is more then stupidity that kills thees people, it is them being overly-confident. There are warnings every year in the paper in multiple languages, still every year we hear about someone eating a death cap.

The electricians who die, are usually the overly-confident type, same with chemists, and a number of professions for that matter. I would imagine it to be the same with death cap victims.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6440240 - 01/08/07 11:47 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Well why not make you self a little more credible if you can. I would like to believe you have some knowlege about mushrooms before i beleive anything you post. Your new to the shroomery, so if you want to look credible maybe some pictures might help how people view your posts.

Maybe the two mushrooms you posted earlier are the only ones you ever found? Maybe you coppied that image from someone elses website? Who knows?

--------------------
----------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #6440243 - 01/08/07 11:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i live in death cap central.
when i went on a hike this past week end i sw 50 or so sread all throughtout the forest. by the end of this month there wil be hundreds

--------------------

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

#6440248 - 01/08/07 11:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

here it comes..........

why what do we have here?

these couldnt possibly be....

whats this? some type of unknown mushroom perhaps?

wow, i think these are boletes:

enough for a single dose maybe?

they look so much alike, its unbearable.

in their little den:

what do you think, i wanna know.

those arent mushrooms.

no fucking way.

--------------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: tahoe]
    #6440249 - 01/08/07 11:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
hah! I learnd that mushrooms lose some potentcy when dried, wait I already knew that. Here is a quote from a Mr Burns lookalike that gets his ass kissed a lot in this thread.

"mmmmm, I havent been able to describe the smell of a psilocybe yet."
Wtf?

yeah, that's true, they lose potency, but there's a pretty big difference between losing a little, and losing most. This one chart that I saw says fibrillosa ranks near stuntziis for potency.. Did you say you had to eat something like 40 of those recently?

you gonna eat forty of these fibs?

and who's getting their assed kissed here anyway?..Doesn't seem like anybody is here

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6440252 - 01/08/07 11:52 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I can't find anything on mssf about friscosa.

--------------------
----------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6440267 - 01/08/07 11:58 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pscyanescens said:
I can't find anything on mssf about friscosa.

there isn't..it's just a name quankus made up last year, and it stuck. It's not likely it will ever be used as a scientific name if, and I mean if, it is determined that it is a new species

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6440271 - 01/08/07 11:59 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Good quality pics! You seem slightly more credible now when you post. Maybe to others as well.

I would hardly call that a good day though.
-Boletes...lol

--------------------
----------------

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

#6440272 - 01/08/07 11:59 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pscyanescens said:
burtonRebel:
SE Asians pick Volvariella volvacea, similar looking to the death cap, and grows in large amounts in their native countries.They believe they are familiar with it. It is more then stupidity that kills thees people, it is them being overly-confident. There are warnings every year in the paper in multiple languages, still every year we hear about someone eating a death cap.

The electricians who die, are usually the overly-confident type, same with chemists, and a number of professions for that matter. I would imagine it to be the same with death cap victims.

mushroom hunting is dangerous no matter what region you're in. mushrooms vary from region to region. this is all knowlege that should be learned befere ever eating a mushroom. SE asians who eat death caps are over confident because they are ignorant. ignorance and real confidence are far different. its hard to believe there are no poisonous mushrooms in the area of asia where the "meadow mushroom" grows.

--------------------

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

#6440275 - 01/09/07 12:00 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

it was a mediocre day. this season sucks

--------------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6440290 - 01/09/07 12:05 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

burtonRebel:
I must agree. No real second flush in the bay area. It's making me think about raing dancing for the next week!! Now i hear talk of snow!!!! OHH say it ain't so. Please say it ain't so. Maybe not in SF but i got snow on my mountain last year. Dramatically set back my picking.

--------------------
----------------

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

#6440322 - 01/09/07 12:16 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

no second flush at all. thats whack. i have never seen a bay area winter that wasn't wet, and i grew up here.. it's coming..

--------------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6440330 - 01/09/07 12:19 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

burtonRebel: you give the identification for a mushroom that doesn't exist yet to the scientific world. Yet you mix your fibrillosa's and 'firscosas' together on your second to bottom pic. Does this mean you gave the id info for both? Isn't it the same ID info for fibrillosa? (an existing species) If the ID info is different, then why didn't you seperate your friscosa from your fibrillosa, like you did with the cyanescens and Amanita?

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6440342 - 01/09/07 12:24 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I have seen however what looks like the begening of a second flush (maybe) about a dozen new species of edibles have been poping up around my house just from a short rain recently. (By new species i mean haven't seen them pop this year untill now)

Mostly Hygrocybes and lactaruis.

The sulfur tufts never seem to stop fruiting around here in the winter, sux they are worthless.

--------------------
----------------

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

#6440407 - 01/09/07 12:51 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

because some people call them fib var san francisco or just throw it one category.like you, i am awaiting further studies on this. i dont like refering to something by a name that isn't universal or "documented" for obvious reasons. i usually put friscosa in quotations or call them unknown psilocybe. its just my way of distinguishing it from cyanescens. they are similar and many people at the fungus fair believe "friscosas" to be a substrain cyanescens that are highly adaptable. there is a fib that grows in the bay area with long stems, and there is also a mushroom with huge caps and short, stubby stems("friscosa").they stay short and are similar in potency to cyans. i might even be convinced they are more potent than cyans, from person experience only though.
i've been finding too many chanterelles and boletes, and not enough of the blue guys.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder