Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful
    #6440018 - 01/08/07 10:17 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

You never have seen her before.

Pure chance and timing account for the fact of glimpsing her today, in the restaurant, or on the train, in the cafe, crossing the street.

She is radiant, alive, perfect. Her very presence is uplifting. In a few minutes, or a few seconds, she will disappear. You will never see her again.

That is of no importance. You are filled with gratitude for her brief stay. You want to thank her for existing, to tell her she is beautiful and that her beauty rejoices the heart.

But, this is simply not allowed. You run the risk of being misunderstood. If she is alone, she'll think you are simply trying to pick her up (which might be the case, nevertheless your gratitude is disinterested).

If accompanied, you will be cast in the unpleasant role of the lewd provocateur, someone who deserves to be slapped.

All the same, dare yourself to do it. Out of style and sincerity. You have more to gain than to lose. Gain what, exactly? The pleasure of saying it. You cannot thank a landscape, a flower, or a bird for the joy they procure you in contemplating them. They know nothing of that moment of recognition that beauty can cause. In the human case, it is different.

As to what happens next, you will find out for yourself. But if the response is in most cases a shrug of the shoulders, this at least testifies to a deplorable decay in the social fabric..

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6440135 - 01/08/07 10:58 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I've done this once. I happened to be drinking at the time but the girl seemed genuinely happy with my telling her that.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful [Re: PowerTrip]
    #6440152 - 01/08/07 11:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

might be a bit more complicated with a member of the same sex, or an elder, or a woman with kids,

but girls, they love it. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #6440230 - 01/08/07 11:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

that's usually a good sign i've had too much to drink.

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful [Re: wilshire]
    #6440258 - 01/08/07 11:53 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

excessive serotonin levels can cause this kind of behavior too, or just a simple sober yearning to explore uncertainty.

--------------------

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#6440406 - 01/09/07 12:50 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

What about telling a woman or girl who is by "cosmetic standard" not attractive that she is beautiful. What kind of response would you expect? She probably would feel you were poking fun at her. Or she may expect that your assuming she would be easy to get into bed.

How difficult would it be for her to take your comment at face value and gain a little self esteem?

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #6440563 - 01/09/07 01:55 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

But if the response is in most cases a shrug of the shoulders, this at least testifies to a deplorable decay in the social fabric..

If a woman's reaction to such a comment from a stranger generates just a shrug, how does that testify to a deplorable decay in society if I may ask?

From just that comment, I can say that I see the shrugs as progress because it says that more women are accepting and embracing themselves as being more then just objects. Women have been recognized and acknowledged for their beauty for all of time. How common is it for them to be recognized for their actions, abilities (not related to stereotypical "woman's work"), inner strengths and or intelligence? If you get just a shrug from a woman , it's her way of asking back "So what is that suppose to mean to me?"

And I will ask all of you males out there this question. If a woman is beautiful to look at, what is it that you think it is suppose to mean to her if you tell her so without knowing her at all? WHAT makes you so unique or special for telling her you think so when 999 out of a thousand guys probably also do?

I also want to ask that if she really is a classic or exotic beauty, do you think, upon further thought, she probably hears it A LOT, so much so, that hearing it for the millionth time will seem as common as stating the obvious and most likely won't generate much more then a shrug?

It's like saying to her while at the beach, "There is a sand here." She'll be like, "Yes, I noticed. What about it?" :shrug:

I mentioned the suggestion to my 9 year old daughter and she got creeped out and said, "You can't do that". I asked her why and she said, " Because if they don't even know you at all, it just sounds cheesy and superficial."

Then I asked her, "What if some strange guy observing your TKD class said you had an awesome roundhouse kick?" Then she relaxed, smiled and said, "That would get my attention and be cool to hear." :lol:

Hahahaha, this reminds me of the innocence of youth when she was younger and someone would say she had pretty eyes or something and she would say, "I know. :smile:"

I would shirk :blush: and say, "You say, "thank you" when someone pays you a compliment."

That ultimately is the rule of common courtesy to me. Maybe that is all you were refering too. Could've used a better example though of how common courteousies have decayed and are not common anymore. Telling a strange woman you don't even know that she is beautiful can be seen as rude too a lot of people.

However,......... I am letting you guys in on how pretty much all the beautiful women I know, who get told they are beautiful more then they need, want or care to hear react to being told that by a strange male. It simply won't mean much to her if you haven't bothered to get to know and then acknowledge other things you appreciate about her first, even if she politely smiles and says, "Thank you." she is shrugging a "so what?" on the inside and possibly getting really creeped out and then turned off because her intelligence was insulted if she thinks you think such a superficial and  common to her comment will get her all worked up and giddy or make her feel "special". 

In short, if she really is beautiful, its plainly obvious to her most everyone else. Take the time to notice something else about her, particularly something she obviously had to WORK towards and THEN, she will know you really looked at HER and really saw HER and not the shell she walks around in and was born with.  :wink:

Of course, there must be exceptions to my words and some women do have to work hard and or spend a lot of money at being beautiful on the outside and I'd bet they do love and want to hear it as much as they can because they worked for it. Even still, maybe some of them just did it for their own sense of self  esteem and sense of confidence or as a power play to get their way in this messed up world of objectified women and can still could care less what anyone else thinks about how they look.

If any of you guys just can't understand what I was saying, you can relate to this. How would you respond if a strange guy walked up to you and said, " I think you are breathing."

You'd be like, " Yes. So? It comes pretty naturally to me and without effort. "

How would you feel if the guy was dissapointed that you didn't get all worked up and appreciative that he noticed and took the time  to tell you were breathing? You'd probably be a little wierded out by it too wondering what he wanted from you by saying that.

That's how the comment, " I think you are beautiful.", may come across to a natural born beauty.

Look for anything else she had to work towards if you want her to feel like you really noticed her apart from the crowed and for it to really be able to mean something to her. :smile:

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #6440741 - 01/09/07 05:53 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Its a selfish thing to do, yes, but we are insecure too. We need the confirmation that our opinions actually matter.

How selfish isn't it for a woman to deny an insecure male counterpart the pleasure of being able to express himself contra how selfish it is for the man to need to express himself in that appearant manner?

What does it matter...? He's gay. :wink:

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful [Re: slaphappy]
    #6440833 - 01/09/07 07:43 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

there are many beautiful girls who do not seem to have the esteem to be told they are beautiful or to in fact think they are.

some may be "cosmetically" challenged such as having a lot of weight, yet something about them is beautiful nonetheless

some are "plain" and wear "normal" unprovocative clothes, and are a bit weary of eye contact and submissive.

some just look otherwise inward drawn, the girls commonly passed over by the guys that seek after "beauty" and that probably resent the Barby-doll beauty standards.

I think this is a great idea for us guys that don't get to interact much with girls. I would say that in addition to Jiggy's assertions which bear truth, a person who has a certain appreciation for inner beauty expressing itself through form would probably not fail in finding a target to appreciate beauty towards, and would probably not go for the "hot" girls who get stares all the time.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

Re: Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful [Re: leery11]
    #6441516 - 01/09/07 12:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

For me this exercise would always be threatening to evolve into something further, a chat, a coffee...

its one of those frontiers of self empowerment, or galvanization, or invigoration

but in answer to some of the doubts expressed above, i would say this: in concern about the feminine reaction, how they would perceive this strange character accosting them with enthusiams of their beauty, there would be a great emphasis on politess. Not standing before them waiting for their reaction, praise, a pat on the head for what a nice boy we are.

You want to be a beautific assassin. Tell her, praise her. Say thankyou and turn, leave instantly with the smile that the action has bestowed upon you, in itself. There is no room for recrimination then, no chance for this positive to mutate into a negative. Of course no room for a further development, if this would be something you wanted (likely with a beautiful woman), but you would become a strange and pleasant tale to be told, a light in their day, exactly as they had been for you. Perhaps this is the difference, in a same-level exchange of moments, of beautification, between the sexes, perhaps that is our role as members of the male species, sex. Just a little action, in which we feel invigorated as is our genetic edict. Just this, and we may feel a little fulfilled. Maybe they will too.

--------------------
read books

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful [Re: slaphappy]
    #6441536 - 01/09/07 12:18 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

slaphappy said:
Its a selfish thing to do, yes, but we are insecure too. We need the confirmation that our opinions actually matter.

Thanks for understanding the selfish part of it! :thumbup: You're opinions DO matter to us when it comes to things we had to exert some effort to achieve, otherwise, it's just hollow or shallow and will more then not make a woman YOU DON'T KNOW AT ALL YET, feel like she is being objectified. That will only serve to create distance, suspicion of your motives and walls. There are exceptions but they will be the minority.

I don't know if guys really understand or know just how much women do get hit on and how easy it is for them to attract attention from males with the ploys of beauty, skin or sex alone.

Whats more difficult is getting recognized for anything else then that. What's more difficult is to get a guys opinion from out of the blue about anything that required some intelligence or physical ability trained for or inner strength. That would show that you saw through the body and into the person within it and then it would mean something.

Quote:

How selfish isn't it for a woman to deny an insecure male counterpart the pleasure of being able to express himself contra how selfish it is for the man to need to express himself in that apparent manner?

It's not selfish at all for her to deny him that. Since when did she owe him that? Thats what I am saying. So many men treat women like they are here on this planet just to serve them in one way or the other, even if its just by being something beautiful to look at. It's the chauvinistic second class status approach to women, so many men put women in that have caused women to give guys such a freaking hard time when they are sincerely just being nice.

Any of you want to know something about the guys who have an easy time of a getting a woman's attention and putting her guard down? They are ALL good at this one thing and thats being able to treat women like "one of the guys". It takes a secure male to be able to include women into the "club" as an equal and valued contributer to it.

Any idea how refreshing it is when filling my car with gas and a guy comes to talk to me about the cars performance and handling ability and stares at IT more then me while he's intently listening to my comments as if they have worth and value to him as if, he could actually go buy one based on a woman's opinion of its performance and handling ability? My guard is immediately dropped.

Any idea how refreshing it was when the guys PUSHED me to take more risks and challenges when i was learning to windsurf because they believed, I could master more challenging techniques and skills. It use to make my head spin.

At the beach-

guy who easily gets girls-"Hey Cindy, why arn't you out there today? It's howling like a mother fucker?"

Cindy-"It's blowing to hard for me to handle."

Same guy assertively like hes getting mad with me-" Start wearing your freaking harness already and take some face plants like a man and get out there with us. You're missing out."

Cindy (Disoriented and confused not being able to believe a guy just said that to me, wondering if he truly means, he doesn't think I should just be sitting on the beach in a hot bikini, looking all cute and coy admiring his abs and skills. Does he really think I should be out there tearing it up with them?)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :laugh: :cool: :laugh: :cool: :laugh:

Are you getting a feel for what I am talking about here Leery? YES, it is good practice for shy guys to approach strange women for casual conversation. Keep it casual, something you would be able to say to another guy and you will get a better reaction because, her guard and defenses will be more readily and easily dropped. You will MUCH more likely be seen as an extraordinary enigma amongst your fellow men, an Adonis, a god, a guy who "gets it", that has a woman's place at his side no matter where he is or what he is doing.

Its not up on a pedestal oogling her like you don't have the first clue about this unusually intoxicating creature called a female. Its not down beneath you as someone put here to serve your ego.

You know when a woman will melt if you tell her she's beautiful?? Its when AFTER she has made it obviously clear that she WANTS you to think so.

You want to really confuse the crap out of her having her wonder about this unusual creature you are? When asking for a date, make it a lunch on a Monday instead of a dinner and drinks on a Friday night.

Talk about anything other then what she looks like. She knows damn well you can;t help but to be trying to picture her naked and in the sac with you. SHE KNOWS THAT if you bothered to come talk to her. That's why her guard is up. If you want to bring it down, do and say anything to give the sincere impression that how she looks is the last thing on your mind.

In no way do I want to discourage any guy from approaching women or expressing appreciation for them. I'm just letting you guys know that if she has some decent looks, you'll have to do better then commenting on them, if you want to truly put her at ease and touch her at the core to let her know, you saw HER.

It's really not that hard. Women do like to have male friends and they do have them. That means, they do have the ability to let their guard down and let guys "in to their space" even if he isn't "hot" on the surface.

Practice being able to be a woman's friend  first because you will NEED those skills if your goal is for something more then to make just a simple nice passing comment.

Think back to what you did or said to make the guy friends you have and  be the same way with women. We won't bite if you treat us like we could be your sister, or better yet BROTHER upon first meeting.

How many of you think to make yourselves a challenge to land? Any idea how EASY it is to get a single guys clothes off for most women with at least decent looks?

Let her wonder if you might be gay. :lol: If she has looks, she is hurting for a challenge, a mystery man that actually confuses her about his intentions and what he wants from interacting with her and isn't as simple to her as "just another guy who wants to get in my pants as first chance." :boring:

There is a HUGE misconception out there by many males who believe women are looking to get laid as much as guys are. Some are and you know who they are because they are easy. Most arn't. What they are mostly looking for is something guys take soooooooooooooo for granted and thats being treated with the respect and consideration men get from other men just for being male.

They have to work twice as hard for it, toughen up alot and really compromise themselves often and suck it up to get it. For them, getting that is just as difficult if not MORE difficult then it is for most guys to get laid. Imagine how stellar you will be if you can give them what they want FIRST, and how that will increase your chances of getting what you want?

I'm not talking about the women who will spread there legs for anyone to get a tickle. I am including women who enjoy casual sex, think about it more then most other women and yet still, am letting you know they will appreciate being seen for being able to be more then just an object body to you.

There is no argument for saying, ''Whats so wrong for telling a woman you think she is a beautiful human being with your first words to her? How can you know that if you don't know her? That's why its either hollow and meaningless as a first approach or can only being taken that you are objectifying her as a thing.

I realize that guys just have to take our word for how most of us don't like that because it seems that MOST guys would love being seen as a sex object by women.

And guess who's to blame for why most women are repulsed by it? Men who treat women with no respect and who call them sluts , whores, and dumb bitches. Men as a whole brought their difficulties with women on for themselves through that sort of talk and treatment.

I still don't understand the mentality of why a high school senior male who screwed 40 girls that year is a HERO amongst men, and a high school senior girl who screwed 40 guys that year is a skanky slut to be left in the gutter when your done with her.

How do so many guys expect women to be more "friendly" when they hear women getting treated and talked about like that?

Why isn't she a hero held in high regard and esteem by guys?

Why do you guys allow other guys to talk that way with a double standard? Because of it, you made getting laid and smiles and attention from girls/women all the harder and more difficult for yourselves.

Some may say, well, if we don't go along with it, guys will think we are wusses. I have news for you. If you go along with it, you are a wuss in ever sense of the word. Not only are you afraid to stand up to other guys (can define you as a wuss) if you care more about what a guy thinks of you then what women will think of you for standing up for them, you probably are a girl of sorts in a males body.

Imagine what the world would be like for you all if ALL of you guys always held women who enjoyed casual sex and flirting with guys, in the same high regard and esteem you hold men that way in and NEVER called them sluts, whores, or dumb bitches or treated them like something to be kicked to the curb when your done with them.

I know a lot of you guys here at the shroomery arn't chauvinists pigs. How many of you speak up to the ones that are and tell them how absolutely STUPID that is, to speak that way and treat women that way for the male cause to get positive attention from women, keep their guards down, and laid more easily?

I thought guys were suppose to be excellent strategists and yet as a collective of males, the ball was fumbled and dropped on strategizing how to make your lives easier with women for yourselves.

Individuals have figured it out though and they are the guys having an easy time getting along with women who feel themselves to be worth something more then a hot body.

Whatever, it's not my problem and yet I feel for some of you and am letting you on a female perspective on all of this which is shared by most females I know.

If you can't refrain from calling women, sluts, skanky whores and dumb bitches, then go to plan B and start ALSO calling guys who act the same way the same thing to level the playing field then. Just, knock off the double standard and the battle of the sexes will end.

And there is a double standard in this post, sorry altered but you obviously hit a nerve with me here. Why didn"t you put up a post saying, "hey guys, tell another guy stranger that he is beautiful"

or why didn't you post, "tell another human being they are beautiful".

Putting women up on pedestals as goddesses to be admired, as sweet as that form of recognition and appreciation sounds and seems , if that was your sincere intent, STILL keeps us all divided and not at eye level with each other. It really doesn't help the cause to balance the scales when you see it that way.

You guys also don't want to go to the reverse extreme and give women all the power either and quite frankly, most of us don't want it all. We want to share in the uses of the powers and strengths that be with you in  a way that makes complimentary sense out of the differences between the sexes.

edit typo had to change an are to an aren't in the windsurf dialogue scenereo

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (01/09/07 12:21 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful [Re: Jackenobi]
    #6441559 - 01/09/07 12:22 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup: That was good stuff Jack!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #6441631 - 01/09/07 12:42 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Every angle can be shot down, even the 'trying to be real' angle can be shot down. It basically comes down to that women wanting to reciprocate the forward gestures or not. I find that sometimes telling a women I don't know that shes beautiful is highly effective. You have to be smooth with it though, you got to use some tact with every approach. Also it probably wouldn't be the first thing I'd say, as that would phase my approach. Me just coming over to her area to say something would indicate my attraction, so its not always necessary to express it. But sometimes it does help, at least from my experience. The main thing is don't come off cheesy, you got to be slick or suave, and if you do it right you can even get them to drop their boy friends for a night. Evil bitches

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Re: Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful [Re: capliberty]
    #6441777 - 01/09/07 01:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

capliberty said:
The main thing is don't come off cheesy, you got to be slick or suave, and if you do it right you can even get them to drop their boy friends for a night. Evil bitches

You obviously did not pay any attention to jiggy's post. :rolleyes:

----------

@gettinjiggywithit

i can see that you put a great deal of time and energy into your responses and i think what you brought to the table is really valuable input for us guys, thank you. :japsmile:

looking back now, perhaps making the nature of my post specifically gender-oriented wasn't such a good idea after all, and i probably would've gotten my message better across with "Tell another human being they are beautiful". :crazy:

Nevertheless what i was trying to get across was a message of stepping beyond self-limiting culturally imposed boundaries in order to touch another person's real self, and being a guy myself i wanted to include a woman in the picture.

Because you're right, i strongly believe women do want more than just a compliment of the surface layer, their physical appearance, their looks. They want to be recognized for their intelligence, because that is what makes one truly human, especially in a world where physical beauty is exploited and objectified on a constant basis.

My intention to tell a stranger she is beautiful, is an attempt to bypass these outer layers and to make a direct connection with the person from heart to heart.

And of course what really matters is how one says is as opposed to what one says.

To hear someone say you are beautiful can be taken to two completely different ways depending on the context given my situation/body language/ and choice of words.

So surely it can be misinterpreted as being merely an appreciation of the person's physical appearance, and mostly this is the case given that women are approached in this manner very frequently as you mention.

But i think that when one tries to make a heart-to-heart connection, beauty takes an entirely different form. One that is not seen, but felt, a beauty that radiates not through visual input, but through one's entire being.

This kind of appreciation of beauty is different and i believe the difference can be felt on both ends of the spectrum when the intention is pure and sincere.

That is what i am trying to communicate. I don't really know how else to put it right now.

Sorry to cause such an uproar. :heart: :peace:

and thank you all for your responses. :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#6441815 - 01/09/07 01:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"You want to really confuse the crap out of her having her wonder about this unusual creature you are? When asking for a date, make it a lunch on a Monday instead of a dinner and drinks on a Friday night."
Hey wait... I did that.... yesterday....

"Talk about anything other then what she looks like. She knows damn well you can;t help but to be trying to picture her naked and in the sac with you. SHE KNOWS THAT if you bothered to come talk to her. "

and I did that too.....

but most of the eyes I look into are pretty dead so I haven't tried again. Energetic resonance is something peculiarly tricky to find in the land of cyborgs.

Or am I blind?

I'm not looking for usery and sex and people as extensions of consumerism so I'm not sure how to go about looking in that way, other than looking with my eyes and seeing how deep the gaze will be allowed before it becomes awkward, and what is revealed in that moment.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Edited by leery11 (01/09/07 01:40 PM)

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6441862 - 01/09/07 01:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I know this is your thread and all, but why should I cares if I didn't pay attention to jiggys post, jiggy obviously doesn't suffer writers block of the soul. I was just expressing what I thought about the topic, as far as women wanting to be appreciated for their inner over their exterior, that all depends. Ultimately attraction takes in account of both between both genders. As shallow as men come off, its only because they are reciprocated a shallow response. To go around telling women how beautiful they are without any motives is old man shit. Leave that shit for the old people.

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

#6441869 - 01/09/07 01:57 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

thanks jiggy

interesting thoughts

from your and capliberty's comments a journal entry was spawned... it is a bit of a tangent but have a look if you are interested
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6441819/an/0/page/0

sorry altered! bit far removed from the original sentiments of this thread! (which i very much understood  :thumbup: :tongue:)

maybe i'll post it as an original thread, though im not sure it is constructed correctly, it is a bit opinionate and a bit product of my psyche... so/but id therefore be very interested if anyone wants to read it.

back on topic!

i once actually did approach a girl on the street, in a very unlike me and not at all 'standard' fashion (she was on the move and it wasnt quite the kind of street where people would make a play but i guess that is the whole point here, we are not jock types in the town square or whatever) we got talking she gave me good signs (obv this was a chat up not an exercise in beautific, moment building politess, though it was a bit, but ulterior motive so...) but then i egged my pudding up through subtleties ('might' instead of 'will') (ok not so subtle) about calling her. suddenly she had a boyfriend that 'wouldnt like me calling her'. doh!

but essentially with any ulterior motive beyond a moment entirely dependent and existing of YOU (not her contribution), im afraid it may well be a shallow game, or at least clogged with a shallow element. A face value one. But then that is a part of the nature of the image. The subtleties of appeal, what makes her light shine stronger and so on. I tend to think in those terms, its not always the classic beauty that affects us so, is it? so does that contradict what i just said about a shallow element. possibly. im not sure.

quite rambley quite here, but take from it what you may  :tongue: :sun: :crazy2: :thumbup:

--------------------
read books

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful [Re: Jackenobi]
    #6441932 - 01/09/07 02:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

interesting reads everyone.....

on the other side.... is this why women dont tell men they are (gorgeous, handsome, beautiful)? because the logic they believe compels men to do so is the same reverse logic they believe men will use?

Basically, if a woman tells a man he is physically attractive, she is trying to fuck him? coming on way too strong? and therefor a woman would only do such a thing if that was her primary goal....

Women are objects of beauty, which doesn't make them less intelligent, or their ability and opinions mean less..... but men aren't, normally, strikingly attractive at first sight (atleast this is what I believe)....
Can any woman here honestly say that when they do find a strikingly attractive male that they dont have an urge to tell him, or others how "hot" he is? and that carnal lust isnt on the forefront of thought and that any conversation with this male wouldnt be a direct ploy of getting a step closer to fucking?

Im sure that within every woman there is a solid, attractive character which surpasses her exterior beauty, but be thankful that you (women) have that "advertisement" which causes you to be asked the menial questions which lead to deeper conversations.
Granted, most men only need to not be physically disfigured to have a chance with any woman, but women (as a whole) have positioned themselves in an ivory tower of conversation: 30 phrases they need to hear to become gradually more interested, which can all be thrown away at the mention of one buzz word.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Tell A Stranger She Is Beautiful [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6442026 - 01/09/07 02:57 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

this seems like everything wrong with the world.

if i talk to you, my ego has motives okay. this is in the implication that i am not a holy enlightened liberated being. so sure i want companionship. i am not looking to date rape you or take you out for drinks and bend you over the bed and i'm not lusting after you.

i'm looking for reciprocation. i'm looking for a mirror.

words are ghosts and they aren't real!
i'm looking for communication.

not dead lifeless ant-colony activity.

now i know women are capable of that but this thread and its false and wrong views about things, trivializing relatoinships to just fluid exchange and game playing well

surely there is something more, not every married couple are liars are they?

i know that ultimately we are all insecure samsaric deluded monkey's so sure there are agendas but we can be honest and say "I would like phsyical closeness and it would make me feel good and validated and supported, but I am not looking to use you just for that, I want to try. I want to be given the chance to try."

but i do believe that people can be honest. I believe it because two men can be honest with each other. But if suddenly there is duality in the pants, its all complicated?

See I don't think so. I don't think so at all, words are ghosts, but the views in this thread make me think so because of all this breaking down and left-braining relationships so that there is no higher meaning in them through all this analyzation of motives.

If your heart says "She is beautiful so I will tell her" then you do it. If your pants say it, okay......... a woman should be able to tell the difference by your intention, because intention is energetically charged.

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (01/09/07 02:59 PM)

Invisibleadrug

#6442281 - 01/09/07 04:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I think that would make my day, as long as it wasn't followed by a pickup line.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds