Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRatdude
Stranger
Tolerance - Everyday vs Occasional
    #6435779 - 01/07/07 08:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm an occasional smoker as I would smoke maybe once a week and on holiday breaks maybe 3 times a week. I usually smoke about a gram during a session. How would this compare to an everyday smoker (I wouldn't know how much someone would smoke on average).

It's been about a year since I started smoking yet it seems I've built quite the tolerance in the past month or two.

So, I was wondering what would build a higher tolerance. For this I'm looking, or wondering:
What is tolerance based off? Does it have to do with the amount smoked or the times smoked or both?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
Re: Tolerance - Everyday vs Occasional [Re: Ratdude]
    #6435869 - 01/07/07 08:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I use to smoke everyday 3 times a day and when I use to be on the buying end of weed I would spend only like 50 bucks a week.

I would buy some pretty grade-A weed so I would only need a small nugget to load into my bong to get pretty stoned.

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

OfflineMr420
Stranger
Male

Loc: Oompa loompa land
    #6435874 - 01/07/07 08:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

IDK I've smoked for 15+ years and it still funks me up like it should,and thats everyday 1-3 grams a day.The initial "tolerance" low seems to only last the first few times of smoking then you get used to it and learn what to expect so the body just kinda says ohhh yeah this again.Unless you take ungodly long breaks then it seems you can get it back a bit but never like at first.So all in all just be glad and remember your first times and now start rollin bigger Js.

--------------------

OfflineRatdude
Stranger
Re: Tolerance - Everyday vs Occasional [Re: Mr420]
    #6435886 - 01/07/07 08:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well the thing is, I have smoked hundreds of times and it just seems to be... a lot less than normal.

Offlinejccc
just aotherhuman
 User Gallery

Re: Tolerance - Everyday vs Occasional [Re: Mr420]
    #6435905 - 01/07/07 09:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

As with mushrooms(different chemicals though) the THC will take a while to completle leave the bodys system..so if you smoke everyday for example your level 24 hour later is 1/16 of what it was at the peak of your high(not accurate levels) so if you were to smoke agin you add on again and plus you will still have thc in you...know your thinking well wouldnt that get me higher..well no that 1/16 amount of THC is giving your body a tolerance and since the THC is still there your body is fairly tolerent towards it..so say you wait 3 days and the traces of weed are 1/64 of what they were 36 hours ago know your THC level is lower and body less tolerent!! Also i noticed when smoking on a daily basis you loose a little of the body buzz but your mind still feels it!!

OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
Re: Tolerance - Everyday vs Occasional [Re: jccc]
    #6435911 - 01/07/07 09:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

In my last post I realized that I didnt really answer you question lol.

sometimes you need to do a weed detox if you smoke alot everyday because you will start noticing the high isnt lasting as long and the effects dont feel strong, so I stop smoking for a good 5-10 day's, sometimes less, and you will notice you start getting a not nessicarly better high but its very noticable that your blazed.

Now I try to atleast smoke just once everyday and I still get high as hell, I think its that extra couple of sessions that really damper the high.

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

Offlinedrugsaregoodmmk
Stranger
Male
    #6435917 - 01/07/07 09:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Your mind is just getting used to it. There is different types of tolerance. The tolerance you are feeling is "the magic loss" like what happens with extacy. Its not a surprise anymore. Then there is real tolerance when you smoke so much pot that you need more to get high then you used to. Also i think pot has a reverse tolerance. So daily smokers can feel one hit. Even tho it takes them more to get fully high.

--------------------
"Guess who's back in the mutha fuckin house with a fat dick for ya mutha fuckin mouth"- Snoop Dogg

OfflineMr420
Stranger
Male

Loc: Oompa loompa land
Re: Tolerance - Everyday vs Occasional [Re: drugsaregoodmmk]
    #6436068 - 01/07/07 09:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yep thats true one good pull out the old bong and I feel it 4-5 and I'm a good buzz.But it can take an eigth or more to get STONED like a ten sack used to do.But almost sounds like the initial poster got less quality erb to normal,I know if I smoke some homegrown for a while and have to go back to street bought it's like "wow this sucks" for a while.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience