Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Resin extraction possibilities
    #6432481 - 01/06/07 08:01 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

My friend is attempting an extraction with resin and half ashed bowls and such. What could be the outcome? Is there THC in the resin or is it some other chemical. I read somewhere that opium resin is almost identical to morphine. Could something change the chemical like it supposedly does with opium.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWoahtubulardude
Some Hippy Dude
Male
Re: Resin extraction possibilities [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6432505 - 01/06/07 08:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Opium=Morphine. So of course the resin would be like morphine.

Resin, I don't know much about, I'm not a big fan seeing how I tend to get huge headaches afterwords, I usually just scrape the inside of the bell, as long as its not a pipe where you'll see scrapemarks from where the resin is gone.
As to my knowledge, resin is just superconcentrated THC, sticky goodness.
Maybe Im wrong though..

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Resin extraction possibilities [Re: Woahtubulardude]
    #6432607 - 01/06/07 08:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

If it is super concentrated THC then why all the different side-effects? I can hrdly beleive this. If this were true why aren't resin extrctions talked about? This can't be that new of a topic.

Morphine i have read is most commonly made by using other chemicals, probably doing some sort of extraction. Maybe opium resin results in a morphine like substance, but most likely its not practical.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #6432690 - 01/06/07 08:56 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

There is THC in the resin, but there's a also a very high tar-to-THC ratio. Pipe resin is much different from (marijuana) "plant resin". "Plant resin", which is also referred to as "crystals" or trichomes, is manufactured on the outside of the leaves and seed pods of the cannabis plant. Of course, separating the plant matter from the THC is really just a question of screening it while I'm not sure how you would separate THC from pipe resin. Plus you'd need quite a bit of pipe resin.
(There are about a half-dozen other cannabinoids which have psychoactive effects, though THC comprises most of the effects. For example, THC will eventually be converted to cannabinol (CBN) on the plant. Cannabinol is linked to more heavy, sedating effects. It's possible that the ratio of THC to other cannabinoids changes by being smoked and resinating a pipe.)

There are a number of different naturally-occurring opioids in "poppy resin" (also referred to as "latex"), but yea--the two ones of interest are morphine and codeine. Unlike marijuana, the poppy resin is not manufactured on the outside of the plant; it is manufactured on the inside and flows throughout -- though the concentration is of course highest in the flowering pods. Unlike with marijuana pipe vs. plant 'resin', I would imagine smoking opium pipe resin would be as effective as smoking plain opium, though I can't totally back that up.

Edited by Land_Crab (01/06/07 09:07 PM)

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: Resin extraction possibilities [Re: Land_Crab]
    #6433303 - 01/07/07 12:56 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Well, resin isint superconcentrated thc. Rather superconcentrated cbd/cbn, and carcinogens. It has thc in it, which is the oily residue that floats up to the top, when your evaporating the alchohol.

Clean your pipes with hot alchohol, and strain out the ash with a gold metal screen coffee filter(or just let it settle and pour it off). If you dont, it wont be sticky, but ashy. Evaporate the alchohol,with a pyrex pie pan, and fan, and you got resin. You can further clean out the shit, by washing in warm water, and pouring off the alchohol, and evaporating that. Scrape when almost dry, it will be easier, and further evaporate.Should be black, to orange. Mix with weed, to smoke more easily

If the case of opium growing inside the plant makes it about the same as smoking opium(smoking the resin that is), the why is crack resin, just as, or more potent, than the crack(coca grows on the outside, yes?)?

Edited by resin (01/07/07 12:58 AM)

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Resin extraction possibilities [Re: resin]
    #6433684 - 01/07/07 05:17 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

If pot resin is "superconcentrated cbd/cbn, and carcinogens" then an isomerization process can be done right? Isomerization can be done to convert some of the non-active cannabinoids into THC. A slightly different THC. Delta-9 Tetrahydracannibinol is the main chemical everyone is most concerned with in the marijuana plant. The end result of an extraction and then isomerization will usually result in a delta higher then 9 depending on how long the reaction has taken place. Is anyone familiar with ISO? Has anyone actually done it? I made attempts but didn't exactly turn out with what i wanted.

--------------------
----------------

Invisibleelsig
Knowledgespeaks, wisdom listens
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the beach
    #6433713 - 01/07/07 05:56 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

isomerizated oil is not as good , its superpotent yes, but it seems to miss something compared to ordinary cannabis oil. also it seems that you build up tolerance for isomerizated oil than other oils. well thats my expdrience with this. a friend of mine has done this process several times

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Resin extraction possibilities [Re: elsig]
    #6435223 - 01/07/07 04:18 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

A freind of mine has done ISO several times too. He says the end result is so potent it is potentially fatal and won't let anyone leave his house wiht it un-cut. The end result of ISO done correctly i was told is 100% THC. The delta is converted to something else though.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinedrugsaregoodmmk
Stranger
Male
    #6435250 - 01/07/07 04:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

no, its not fatal.

--------------------
"Guess who's back in the mutha fuckin house with a fat dick for ya mutha fuckin mouth"- Snoop Dogg

OfflineThreePieceSuit
disastrophe
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast of Canada
Re: Resin extraction possibilities [Re: drugsaregoodmmk]
    #6435399 - 01/07/07 05:08 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Even if it were possible to have an extract 100% THC, smoking it would not be fatal in recreational doses. Some THC is lost in the flames and smoke, and besides, the lethal dose of THC is such that you would be unable to coordinate yourself well enough to smoke enough to die.

Although, I must admit, a THC overdose would be a noble death.

--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Resin extraction possibilities [Re: ThreePieceSuit]
    #6437059 - 01/08/07 12:12 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think its fatal. I can hold my own when it comes to smoking.

My friend who has made ISO before doesn't have nearly the tollerence that i have. But after going into convulsions after smoking some of his ISO extract, i can imagine he must have been pretty freaked out and concerned for the people he was allowing to consume his extract.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6438745 - 01/08/07 04:43 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone else ever gone into convuslsion from smoking weed/oil?

--------------------
----------------

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

#6438831 - 01/08/07 05:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yea a bitch I know had a seizure. Ive done this resin extraction with alchohol, like a billion fuckin times,Used to clean the whole neighborhoods pipes, I remember i had a baseball sized glob at one time, hince my name, resin

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6438863 - 01/08/07 05:34 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

What is the final product.. Oil? Does it still smell and taste like resin? I heard when you isiomerise weed the odors are disgaurded. Would this do the same for the resin?

--------------------
----------------

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

#6439127 - 01/08/07 06:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

The final product is a orange/amber tar like substance, that appears black.It still tastes, and smells like resin, but when washed with the warm water, it makes it cleaner.Im sure you could further clean it enough for it to be fully evaporated, but a oil, but I dont know how.Its not near 100%thc, but depending on the weed the "resin" came from, id say at the most like 15%. When you evaporate resin, the final product smells the same as all youve done is collect it in the alchol, and evaporate it. When done with weed, it dosent smell like weed though, and the thc would be higher, depending on the weed. I dont know anything about converting the "resin" into pure thc, but it sounds like bullshit to me-if not, can you post a tek.

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6439823 - 01/08/07 09:28 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

after extracting with alcohol, my professor and i washed with ether and water, resulting in what i have been told is (100%) of all the cannabinoids.

From this point we had ether and cannabinoids mixed together. We then went (tried) to go further and do a isomerisation process. For this we used the largest size reactor (scientific glass) to boil the ether in a closed environment. on top of this reactor we had a large air condenser on the top to re-condense the boiling ether and cannabinoids. A few drops of acid(i forget which) are added to the solvent before boiling to kick of the reaction. It must boil, or should i say the reaction must be consistent, never dropping below a certain degree. This would stop the reaction and the timer must be reset at that point. You must sit there watching ether boil (DANGEROUS SHIT!!) making sure it never drops below a certain temperature or start over, and if it gets too high........ KABOOM!!
This can be achieved relatively safely by using a hot water bath with a thermometer inside the reactor giving the true temp of the boiling ether,and a thermometer inside the water you use for the bath.

- Please nobody try this. If i may have left out some minor/but important detail, you can blow your house up, and yourself, maybe loved ones. I have only done this one time, it was with a experienced chemistry professor, who has been successful every time and has lots of experience. Not to mention all the proper glass to do thees kinds of experiments safely and properly, by the book. I am not writing a book so don't take it from me.

As for a link or resource....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isomerisation
It's not much.

I read straight out of a book while we did it. I think it was the 'Marijuana Alchemy' old book.
Could of been 'Cannabis Alchemy' but I'm not sure, i can't find it on the net. I heard that it was discontinued or something.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6438987#6438987
this is my other thread. i explain more in depth about the ether/water wash.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6439905 - 01/08/07 09:47 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Iso, i was told, will convert all the cannabinoids into some sort of delta tetrahydracannabinols that is unknown. The delta can't be known that is. We start with, what i have always known for years is delta-9 Tetrahydracannabinol. Our end product of an ISO will rotate the delta to a higher number, that number is determined by the length the reaction is taking place. So we may get delta-12 tetrahydracannabinol possibly. Most of thees are unresearched chemicals. They will have different effects on us probably.

What i came out with wasn't really anything to brag about. This could be because we used a bunch of degraded 3 year old Leaf instead of buds. The yield was good the quality wasn't what i thought it should be for 100% THC. This is where i am confused, if it was supposed to be 100%THC then why such a big yield with leaf?. He swears if we used buds like he always has before we would of got some "near fatal shit"
Maybe we boiled too long? maybe the temp dropped when i wasn't looking?

--------------------
----------------

Offlinelearysprotoge
Stranger
    #6440038 - 01/08/07 10:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

WTF?
You did this with your proffesor?
And he said "near fatal"?
Im confused:(>?

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Resin extraction possibilities [Re: learysprotoge]
    #6440309 - 01/09/07 12:10 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

he said from the way he felt going into convulsions and all, he thought it was not safe to give it to just anyone.

He is not a professor anymore. Due to legal trouble he has gone through in the past, he wishes to remain anonymous. But now he builds/modifies/repairs lasers for a living. (More dangerous shit)

--------------------
----------------

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

#6440473 - 01/09/07 01:15 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

No weed is fatal, as no-one has died from it. If it was, im sure i wouldent be posting this. If re made somthing fatal, or near fatal, it wasent thc

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies