Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: auweia]
    #6430810 - 01/06/07 11:20 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

pellicle schmellicle. dont most ps. have pellicles, or a viscid skin? i thought that was how a lot of them can be seperated from other species. a cyan is a big meaty tough mushroom. they hold their shape well and dnt crack or break easily when frsh like other mushies. i was almost positive that was bc of the skin(or pellicle). if it seperates, its just a looser pellicle?

--------------------
Wreck yourself before you check yourself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: spores]
    #6430820 - 01/06/07 11:23 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

spores said:
gee thanks auweia, I'm glad you're allowing us to call it a pellicle.

wtf?  :tongue:

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #6430905 - 01/06/07 11:58 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

auweia said:
yeah, you could call it a pellicle...

before when people said they had a pellicle you went off on rants about liberty caps, your inability to separate the pellicle, hunting for 20 years and how bay area mushrooms are so amazingly different than mushrooms from everywhere else.  so I was thanking you for now allowing us to call it a pellicle without subjecting us to such posts. 

and thanks again, for letting this go and not posting a long, drawn out, content barren response to this.

:wink:

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6430926 - 01/06/07 12:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

naw that's fine...I just got a little upset because now I gotta throw all these I picked this year in the trash

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #6430943 - 01/06/07 12:12 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

why would you say something stupid like that?

everyone can see you know how to hunt psilocybes, and no one doubts what you're picking are psilocybes. 

P.S. successfully hunting psilocybes is not very hard.  It's nothing to give yourself a fat head about.

anywho, I'm out, happy hunting and such :smirk:

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6431304 - 01/06/07 02:01 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

boy, this sure ain't like last year

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
    #6431373 - 01/06/07 02:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

auweia said:
It's not just me, I've never heard anybody else mention it before this

If its not just you, then how come myself and others have heard it mentioned before.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6431384 - 01/06/07 02:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pscyanescens said:
Quote:

auweia said:
It's not just me, I've never heard anybody else mention it before this

If its not just you, then how come myself and others have heard it mentioned before.

no I mean this is the only place I've ever heard it mentioned..I mean nobody I ever talked to personally, off this hub, ever mentioned that before. It just wasn't important like it is with liberties

I guess it's important now tho

Edited by auweia (01/06/07 02:32 PM)

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6431388 - 01/06/07 02:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Why thow them away? Are you now all of a sudden using a pellicle for a key identificatoin factor? Why were you picking them before in the first place? If you don't trust yourself now why did you before? Pellicles are rarely mentioned because it is not a key identification factor in most cases.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6431399 - 01/06/07 02:35 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It isn't so important. However saying it doesnt exist feeds people false information that just gets spread around.

--------------------
----------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6431402 - 01/06/07 02:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

oh I dunno...I'm not really sure of anything now anymore

Quote:

pscyanescens said:
Why thow them away? Are you now all of a sudden using a pellicle for a key identificatoin factor? Why were you picking them before in the first place? If you don't trust yourself now why did you before? Pellicles are rarely mentioned because it is not a key identification factor in most cases.

OfflineOregonBluesGil
Forager/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt County
    #6432014 - 01/06/07 05:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thats true I can Idenify Psilocybe mushrooms by smell,sight, touch,taste,listening to the wind and the rain and the temps.And they mostly (not all)Have Carmel Colored Caps,The first time I picked An azurence I knew it was a psilocybe,I of course studied a little before hand,But Jjust knew its also instictive to most psilocybe hunters,Go with your gut,I would never give any one a Shroom that I havn't tried first,and local highschool kids are good gienni pigs to see how strong they are.peace out,dudesYeeeehaw ttime

--------------------
I'm in a Magical Mushroom land!

Edited by OregonBluesGil (01/06/07 05:40 PM)

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: OregonBluesGil]
    #6432036 - 01/06/07 05:43 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6432078 - 01/06/07 06:00 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

That is a beautiful picture. I havent found any Libs around here in Santa Cruz. Or San Francisco. Probably looking in the wrong areas. Don't they grow around the same temps and parameters as Cyanescens. I can definately say i haven't seen a pellicle like that on a Cyan. But just like mushrooms, plants, and animals, they all come in different shapes, sizes, thicknesses, textures etc.

--------------------
----------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6432088 - 01/06/07 06:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

oh here's something http://www.sacredshrooms.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/2074426/page//vc/1

so there's the list from stamets book..I noticed it says cyanofibrillosa has a pellicle, I suppose like semilanceata in the same section there

sounds to me that's yet another difference between the friscosas down here and fibrillosa in the PNW

because the ones down here are like cyanescens..> sometimes seperable

definately not like semilanceata

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6432149 - 01/06/07 06:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the link. That is a good piece of information to have.

I haven't found many Cyanofibrillosa. But the ones i have found i can say their pellicles are slightly easier to separate, when you compare them to Cyanescens. Not much easier just slightly.

--------------------
----------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #6432543 - 01/06/07 08:18 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Not all Psilocybes have pellicles. IT is but one of the many physical chracteristics of the genera Psilocybe used in identification and separation from other Generaa, not specifically within the given genera.

Just as there are about 80 other Psilocybes which do not contain psiloine and/or psilocybine.

mj

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6432596 - 01/06/07 08:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pscyanescens said:
That is a beautiful picture. I havent found any Libs around here in Santa Cruz. Or San Francisco. Probably looking in the wrong areas. Don't they grow around the same temps and parameters as Cyanescens. I can definately say i haven't seen a pellicle like that on a Cyan. But just like mushrooms, plants, and animals, they all come in different shapes, sizes, thicknesses, textures etc.

see that's why there's this misunderstanding..Liberty Caps don't grow down here in the bay Area...they grow up in Eureka and north from there

so people here don't have anything with a real pellicle to compare this to. I used to live in Crescent City and pick liberty caps all the time.. them puppies have pellicles, so when people say cyans have pellicles, I say 'huh'?

what I meant by 'you can call it a pellicle', well, you can call it a pellicle if you want to, but this is a real pellicle >>

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/semilanceata/semipellicle01x

when you say cyans have a pellicle..or even sometimes a pellicle, all that tells me is the definition of pellicle is expanded further than I thought

my question is, are cyanofibrillosa from PNW like liberty cap pellicles?, because cyans here aren't like that, and neither are the friscosas

you just won't be able to get a photo like that with anything in the bay Area

for that matter, has anybody in the PNW ever been able to get a real pellicle like semilanceata from a cyan up up there?

Edited by auweia (01/06/07 08:51 PM)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #6433437 - 01/07/07 02:23 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

The original description of cyanescens states that its sometimes found with a pellicle. Stamets mentions it in two books, Guzman doesnt, but many Psilocybes have it to a varying extent.
If most references suggested that cyanescens has a pellicle, I wouldnt be arrogant enough to assume that I knew better because Id collected the species in one specific area. Have you ever collected cyanescens in the United Kingdom?

'when you say cyans have a pellicle..or even sometimes a pellicle, all that tells me is the definition of pellicle is expanded further than I thought'

Why do you say this? because you now think you have found a pellicle? Maybe the san fran cyans just dont have pellicles?

--------------------

Edited by Zen Peddler (01/07/07 02:40 AM)

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #6433561 - 01/07/07 03:41 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Nope they got pellicles. I do the majority of my active picking in San Francisco. It is not much of a pellicle but it is present. Not always separable. This doesn't mean the pellicle is not a real pellicle though. It just means it is harder to detect. Nobody ever said it was to be a deciding key factor in identification.

The definition of a pellicle:
A viscid skin that usually peels easily.

If it doesn't peel easily does this mean it's not a real pellicle?

--------------------
----------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale