Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Jimi Hendrix

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Loc: Flag
The Archive Of Misheard Lyrics
    #6428443 - 01/05/07 05:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Have you ever seen this website The Archive of Misheard Lyrics? It's a hoot.

Some highlights...

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze. This has to have one of the most misheard lyrics of all time: “Scuse me while I kiss the sky” mostly heard as “Scuse me while I kiss this guy.” Supposedly Hendrix confused us even more by singing it that way and pointing to one of his guys on the stage.

The Kingsmen - Louie Louie. The juiciest part about this song? The FBI launching an investigation into the song’s lyrics because the public thought they might somehow be “naughty”. After playing the song backwards, forwards and upside down, they still couldn’t understand what it meant.

Manfred Mann - Blinded by the Light was a Bruce Springsteen song. Manfred Mann changed the Bruce lyric “Cut loose like a deuce” and went with “Revved up like a deuce”. We always hear it as “Douche” - a deuce is a 1932 Ford hotrod.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon on the Rise (...bathroom on the right)

The Beatles - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds the mysterious “girl with kaleidoscope eyes” became “the girl with colitis goes by”.

Elton John - Bennie and the Jets...Oh but they’re weird and they’re wonderful.. (or was it “they sell weed and it’s wonderful!)

Bob Dylan - Blowin in the Wind. (..and the ants are my friends, blowin in the wind)

Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom “took me knee-high to a man/Yeah gave me peace of mind my daddy never had” is often heard as “piece of momma daddy never had.”

The Beatles - I Wanna Hold Your Hand. Their first big hit in the U.S. The fun story here is how apparently Bob Dylan thought “I can’t hide” was “I get high,” and thus a reference to marijuana. The story goes on to say Bob introduced them to it in New York one time… It’s more like folk lore at this point...(It’s such a feeling that, my love, I can’t hide..)

Seal - Kiss From a Rose on the grave is really “from a rose on the grey”.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Jimi Hendrix

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media