Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinej3ckyl
☣☤Penteract☤☣
Male

Loc: Earth
Datura
    #6428339 - 01/05/07 02:50 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Datura is high, almost at the top in fact, of my list of things I never want to try. Many nights spent on erowid and probably through the odd alternative media source here and there found me nothing but sheer horror stories. As if datura/jimson weed/hells bells whatever you want to call it was some kind of nightmare drug, bad trip guaranteed. There were a few who survived and many more that didn't. Either way the drug itself is pretty notorious. Curious as to whether this could be true, anyone here have first hand experience with the stuff? Did you fall into the same circle as the majority on the erowid vaults, jail, hospitalisation, madness. Also out of curiosity, anyone know what the active compound is?

For those unaware

Erowid Datura Vault

Erowid Datura Experience Vault

--------------------

"There are only two states of being: Too much and not enough"

Isnt the war on drugs supposed to reduce harm? So far all i see are casualties.

Edited by j3ckyl (01/05/07 03:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
Re: Datura [Re: j3ckyl]
    #6428373 - 01/05/07 03:00 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

lol just read a bit on erowid about it, definitely right below meth on the list of drugs not to do

--------------------
----------

Offlinej3ckyl
☣☤Penteract☤☣
Male

Re: Datura [Re: odium33]
    #6428429 - 01/05/07 03:17 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Almost everyone says "Don't do this drug!", given that why would anyone even think about taking the stuff? I'd probably take meth before i'd take this stuff if i'm completely honest.

--------------------

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Datura [Re: odium33]
    #6428440 - 01/05/07 03:19 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Yea I asked about that stuff on here and everyone said not to try it. I did anyways, its very very strong tasting stuff. It just scrambles your brain around really, nothing clicks anymore. You think your talking but your not, you think your thinking but you talking, and walking is a bitch. I was messed up for a few days, it was much like have a fever of 104 or something. Nothing like LSD or shrooms, only bad no good at all. Do not ever try this horrible plant ever!

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Offlineomnicrap
Stranger

Re: Datura [Re: clemens]
    #6428505 - 01/05/07 03:37 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

actives are tropane alkaloids, atropine and scopolamine. They are strong anticholinergics.

--------------------
A tight tie-dyed dress, she was a psychedelic mess
We toured to the north, south, east and west
We sold some mushroom tea, we sold some ecstasy
We sold nitrous, opium, acid, heroin and PCP
Now I hear the police coming after me

InvisibleAmberthefrog
Daemonic Frog of Kehjistan
Male

Loc: UK
Re: Datura [Re: omnicrap]
    #6428668 - 01/05/07 04:56 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

'actives are tropane alkaloids, atropine and scopolamine. They are strong anticholinergics. '

Yep. Regardless of where you look you will probably never get a positive
view on Datura and similar plants. Due to the unpleasantness and danger of the delirium, the actual toxicity of the datura and the fact that active alkaloid concentrations show a huge degree of variation, datura probably is not the drug for most people. Having said that it *has* been used ritually since the dawn of time and has played a great part in the spiritual practices of many ancient civilizations. I would only consider using datura if you were highly experienced and prepared, even then the experience could well be unpleasant, useless and dangerous.

--------------------
"All credibility, all good conscience, all evidence of truth come only from the senses. " ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Datura [Re: Amberthefrog]
    #6428676 - 01/05/07 05:00 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Doing meth would be bad in my book. Would have a tweaked out night, and a bad comedown. Not an ideal thing for me, but shit... I've surely had it in pills before.

Datura though? That scares the bejesus out of me. I can think of few things that I would care less to do. Perhaps a night of huffing toulene, but that's about it.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Datura [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6428775 - 01/05/07 05:45 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

datura, mandrake, meth, jimson weed.

all i would never touch

i would do clean heroine aswell, and opium or another opiate of choice, but never that shit.

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
Re: Datura [Re: blacksun]
    #6428804 - 01/05/07 05:55 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I have been tempted many time's to try a deleriant plant as I have several belldonna trees in my yard, perhaps when I find a willing friend that will trip sit me for a few days and make sure I dont do anything dangerous.

Like cheese grade my face in the cement, or other choice thing's.. also when I feel I am mentally prepared, although you can never be prepared for somthing like that.

I think it would defiantly be a experince of a life time, I mean I usually try everything atleast once...Besides addictive drug's.

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Re: Datura [Re: MauiGanjaMonster]
    #6428810 - 01/05/07 05:57 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

not worth it imo.

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6429282 - 01/05/07 08:29 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

only do it if its mixed in ayahuasca and made by a professional otherwise you could die or worse. when used right its a vaulable tool but misused well to answer what happens then look at 99.8% of the trip reports and all the negitive hype on it

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Edited by thedudenj (01/05/07 08:30 PM)

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: Datura [Re: thedudenj]
    #6429562 - 01/05/07 09:50 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Id rather take a "thumbprint" than eat datura, anyone remember when moe made a salad with it on accident, and went into a coma for 3 weeks?

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Datura [Re: resin]
    #6429604 - 01/05/07 10:07 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

and that sir is abuse

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6429623 - 01/05/07 10:16 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Thumbprint................LOL

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
    #6429632 - 01/05/07 10:17 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

blacksun said:
not worth it imo.

Maybe not in your eye's but everyone see's things diffrently. :wink:

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Datura [Re: MauiGanjaMonster]
    #6429685 - 01/05/07 10:44 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

why the LOL @ thumb print?

But, I find it curious how people rate this above meth on the 'never try' list. Chances are if you've done a pressed E pill, you've done meth even if you know it or not. Yes, even if you managed to sleep well the day of/after.

Atleast with meth - you still know what the hell is going on. Hell, if anything - a good dose and not going over-bored will simply leave you feeling 'more sober than sober' and not tweaked out, and you'll probably have the most productive day of your life.

Datura on the other hand, most people seem to come-to in a hospital bed, or atleast with some sort of serious physical injury.

Offlinej3ckyl
☣☤Penteract☤☣
Male

Re: Datura [Re: kaniz]
    #6429958 - 01/06/07 02:17 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

The thing that makes it such a big No for me, is that it takes away ones first, last and best defence on drugs and that's knowing that you've taken something. I always say to fellow trippers that the golden rule is never ever forget that you've taken a drug. Datura robs you of that final certainty, you can't be sure. The one time I forgot that, all hell broke lose and I was only comforted by a good friend reminding me "L, you've taken a drug that is affecting your mind, remember? It'll all be over soon so don't worry" Lo and behold, I stopped worrying.

I'm with you Kaniz, meth has undoubtably gotten everywhere and I see it only as the lesser of two evils (I refer to heavy usage/injection).

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6430024 - 01/06/07 02:57 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kaniz said:
why the LOL @ thumb print?

But, I find it curious how people rate this above meth on the 'never try' list. Chances are if you've done a pressed E pill, you've done meth even if you know it or not. Yes, even if you managed to sleep well the day of/after.

Atleast with meth - you still know what the hell is going on. Hell, if anything - a good dose and not going over-bored will simply leave you feeling 'more sober than sober' and not tweaked out, and you'll probably have the most productive day of your life.

Datura on the other hand, most people seem to come-to in a hospital bed, or atleast with some sort of serious physical injury.

I just think most people who claim to have done a thumbprint are usually full of shit. And why would you do that to yourself? Does anyone have any idea how intense 1500-1700 mics is? So 25-50,000 mics seems like a *much* more insane dose than a controlled dose of datura though lsd cant really kill your ass..
24 grams of mushrooms means you are slow learner.....It could be for a variety of reasons. Its fuckin drug abuse if you ask me.....
I can almost hear the mushrooms laughing.
Thumbprints are much more of a stretch than 24 grams of mushrooms.

I just think the whole thumbprint thing is kinda funny in that way. It kinda sucks that some people just throw around acid like its candy. As if they need 25,000 mics...... (Thats where the lol comes from)

I consider 700 mics to be a serious heroic dose.... 25,000 mics+ is just silly. If you want what you could almost consider to be brain damage, take 25,000+ mics of lsd. If you are willing to do do that to your poor organic brain, I wouldnt be very afraid of datura (if you know what you are doing).

I have used datura 3 times, once with ayahuasca. Never one hospital visit, and never had a trip I regretted. Two of the trips were very amazing just because one of the trips was a low dose.
Dont take this as advise, but I did it alone the last 2 times.
I went on a long hike, and got lost in the forest. It was really amazing. I didnt try to slit my wrists with tree bark and never tried to fuck a deer.

Im not saying everyone should use tropanes though. It is pretty unreal.

But ya, thumbprints..................lol.
Those who say they have taken or seen someone take 25,000-75,000 ugs are kinda full of it.
erowid states that the ld/50 is 12,000 ugs for 50% of those poor tested animals(usually small rodents and such). Im sure thats pretty far off from what will actually kill *you.
A trip is a trip and those trips can be very intense and life-changing depending on dose.
BUT 50,000 mics means you are a very simple person who didnt get the point soon enough. SO you went to great lengths to achieve an even harder trip. I would never hang out with someone who would take that much acid. Its just because I have the feeling that they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Thats just my opinion. Take massive doses, but dont be an idiot......and save some for the fishes. lol

It does just seem silly as hell to me.
If someone was to ask me if I wanted a thick but not deadly dose of datura or 25,000 mics+ of lsd, and I had a choice, Id pick datura any day.

That and datura aint my thing, I love lsd....... Its one of the most efficient hallucinogens in my opinion. Datura is another story.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (01/06/07 03:02 AM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Datura [Re: yageman]
    #6430088 - 01/06/07 03:26 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

good job putting a frame of reference there or something of the such. datura only needs to be used when it needs to be otherwise dont fuck with it. and very few very very few trained professionals are aloud and can wield it if you not one of them dont think about unless they come to you and bring it. its a great healing tool

--------------------

Offlinelearysprotoge
Stranger
Re: Datura [Re: yageman]
    #6430096 - 01/06/07 03:31 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I have a supply of flowers, leaves and seed pods, of both the tree and shrub, but have never tried them..

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: Datura [Re: learysprotoge]
    #6430280 - 01/06/07 06:45 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I had a conversation with my my grandmother who's been dead for a few years now while on Datura and also smoked 3 packs if ciggs that i never had. Its not a drug you can jump into and be prepared, no mushroom, no lsd, no mesc could even bring you close to prepared for datura.

--------------------

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Re: Datura [Re: AJ4U]
    #6430419 - 01/06/07 08:25 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

a really good point j3ckyl.
i remember on a salvia trip i came out of it scared shitless because i didnt realise i had taken salvia, and thought that a switch flipped and i was... fucked.
i was okay afterwards, amazing feeling of wellbeing afterwards.

--------------------

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
    #6430460 - 01/06/07 08:56 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I'd venture a guess that /very/ few people on the shroomery have actually done a thumbprint (2 or 3 tops I'd guess).

The idea behind the thumbprint was a 'family' thing, and sort of an initiation before you were able to start laying LSD. These are generally people who were 'high up' in the distro chain, had access to crystal LSD.

If someone was to take a thumbprint lightly, then they are simply a moron - its not the kind of dose you'd take 'just because...', as Chinacat said in the Thumbprint thread

"After an eternity you slowly start to come back in pieces. You feel reborn and a completely different person. You don't ever come completely down or back. This isn't a bad thing ,but it's very scary at first."

Anyone that is willing to jump into that intense of an experience, without really thinking about it first is a fool. That being said, if someone put a pile of crystal LSD infront of me and asked if I wanted to do a thumbprint, I'd say no.

Edited by kaniz (01/06/07 08:56 AM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6430836 - 01/06/07 11:30 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

no shit in conjunction with ayahuasca the natives used it to talk to ancestors fucking read up shit peoples stupidity amazes me really hmm lets takes sacred drugs for viewing in to the spirit worlds. OMG! fuck shit ! i got attacked by demons not of this world or talked to ghost Or Something other worldly seriously this is a valuable to from healing and many other uses. i wish it was more like amanita where you can only work it right if you know how and your the right person to use it These things werent put on this planet to get high off of or really even trip. they do what they do you just labeled it trip or hallucinogen cause you just dont understand or can full comprehend it. one thing i can say is these drugs dont make you hallucinate your just misperceiving time and space and many other things just cause you dont look at the picture right doesnt make it not real.

--------------------

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

#6431097 - 01/06/07 01:08 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

how strong is a thumbprint, compared to a mid-level 3 trip?
like 10x? 20x?

--------------------

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
    #6431146 - 01/06/07 01:19 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

100x

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds