Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelearysprotoge
Stranger
Will this work?
    #6427005 - 01/05/07 05:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking of putting a layer of hydroton, those little clay balls, about an inch thich thick on the bottom of my FC, and then filling this with water, and an airstone connected to an airpump, then adding a .5 inch layer of perlite, then placing the casing material (growing substrate, and crushed myc.)directly onto this.
I was thinkning that you could then just cut holes like a .25" above the casing. this way the casing stays moist longer, and the FC is humid with no need to "air out" each day?
Will this work or am I just too stoned?

Edited by learysprotoge (01/05/07 05:03 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleboogertool
Stranger
Loc: are you eyeballing me?
Re: Will this work? [Re: learysprotoge]
    #6427012 - 01/05/07 05:11 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yeah you're just too stoned.... that method sounds doomed to be contaminated in my opinion.... maybe you could make a regular style casing and dunk it overnight before each flush..... that would keep it hydrated..... holes above the casing sounds good.... use some POLYFILL to stuff in those holes to keep humidity in and contams out........ look up on the "MONOTUB" it sounds like what you're thinking of .... the airstone isnt needed... real simple technique with great results from what i see on here..... now roll me one to chief on..... or gimme a good rating

Offlinelearysprotoge
Stranger
Re: Will this work? [Re: boogertool]
    #6429424 - 01/05/07 11:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I was thinkin tht could be a problem.
You see Ive never even read a monotub tek.
Ive been looking though.
I think Im wantin to do a bulk neglect grow or monotub.
However I dont get it, doe u just poe holes in a tub n throw the mix in(grow medium & MYC>)
And wait for it to colonize?
How do u initiate pin mode?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation