Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: JustK]
    #6424330 - 01/04/07 11:53 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

JustK said:
Despite the good points there are some bad. I'm not sure, but I feel like Shrooms (or maybe the pot is to blame) are making my mind slower when I'm sober. I'm finding analytical thinking difficult and my concentration is flaky.

Do you meditate?
Very good for concentration.

Do you do calculus or geometry?
Very good for analytical thinking.

Not to hijack the thread or anything...

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: JustK]
    #6424334 - 01/04/07 11:54 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

TO me, the bad point is this overwhelming sense of awake-ness, like I can never be "asleep" again...which when it comes down to it is a blessing, but sometimes can feel like a curse.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblemungojerry
free as a bird
Male User Gallery
Loc: Nappy Dub
Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6424364 - 01/04/07 12:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

mushrooms have allowed me to not hold limitations on myself, just to name one of the many ways they've changed me

I no longer hold limitations on myself, the skys the limit

not to mention my ego is non existent and I can't help but be a very outward person, I really do care more for others than I do myself

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: mungojerry]
    #6424370 - 01/04/07 12:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

No one's ego is nonexistent.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6424426 - 01/04/07 12:18 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"My ego is non-existent" is a statement which disproves itself :wink:

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Invisiblemungojerry
free as a bird
Male User Gallery
Loc: Nappy Dub
Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6424436 - 01/04/07 12:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

sry, you're right, I'll correct myself

*nearly

OfflineMrBuzin
Stranger
Male

Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6424474 - 01/04/07 12:34 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Tripping out has givin me mad anxiety, and over-thinking of reality, even when I'm not high, and my reality becoming one big scientific equation.

OfflineTuneInTurnOn
Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: MrBuzin]
    #6424504 - 01/04/07 12:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry to hear that man, tripping has made me a much more relaxed person, and I have LESS anxiety nowadays than I did a year ago. I just relax and go with the flow, because its like my mind has been put to rest. Tripping made me realize that I was too anxious about things, I worried a lot about nothing. Now after seeing that, I am concentrating on being in a relaxed state of mind wherever I go.

--------------------
My apartment in New York was on Perry Street, a five minute walk from the White Horse. I often drank there, but I was never accepted because I wore a tie. The real people wanted no part of me.
- The Rum Diary

OfflineJustK
Male

Loc: You can't get there!
    #6424506 - 01/04/07 12:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:
Quote:

JustK said:
Despite the good points there are some bad. I'm not sure, but I feel like Shrooms (or maybe the pot is to blame) are making my mind slower when I'm sober. I'm finding analytical thinking difficult and my concentration is flaky.

Do you meditate?
Very good for concentration.

Do you do calculus or geometry?
Very good for analytical thinking.

Not to hijack the thread or anything...

Yes, I have started to delve into meditation. It really helps.

I am an artist. Math is beyond my comprehension. :wink:

--------------------
Dont get caught dancing.

It's just, K.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: MrBuzin]
    #6424788 - 01/04/07 02:15 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Syk0s3s said:
Tripping out has givin me mad anxiety, and over-thinking of reality, even when I'm not high, and my reality becoming one big scientific equation.

This happens to lots of people who get into psychedelics too quickly... it's generally an overreaction to a lifetime of thinking too little!

You'll level out, no worries. Reality will explain itself in time.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

OfflineArcofaJourney
Internaltransportationdevice
 User Gallery
Loc: your imagination
    #6424862 - 01/04/07 02:43 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Good thread. Yeah, we've had threads like this before, but its always fun to retell the story as it goes.

Psychedelics have changed me in so many profound ways i can't even describe really except to give some broad outlines. i've been doing psychedelics for about 10 years now. i can honestly say i've never had 2 similar trips and i've never had a bad trip. Around every tripping corner there's been something new i've disovered about myself, my loved ones, and my world.

Before i started tripping i was a pretty ordinary, shy, and boring person. i viewed life in overly simplistic ways. i had a set timeline of every year of my life planned out. Go to college, get good grades, get a good job, get a wife, get kids, weekends and holidays with the family, buy lots of things i don't really need, die with a good 401k and a health plan...ect.

My first acid trip pretty much blew those antique ideas out of my mind like draino through a clogged drain. My interests, which were just silly hobbies at the time became so much more important. i decided to quit my job and start a band and did. i decided to travel and see the world while i was young and i have, i decided time was not important. Life is about having fun. Just go with the flow man. Change and grow with the world and nature. Before LSD i though of the world as a giant refridgerator. What can i take from it to fill me up. It was only a giant food bag. i now think of not taking, but giving. Psychedelics have taught me to be much more loving and generous. Do not take your loved ones for granted.

i also became a vegetarian because of psychedelics. After a long trip spent reading a book my friend gave me about animal abuse, i dwelled on it. Your mind tends to get sucked into certain subjects while tripping. Well, i completely changed my diet and how i lived. i take care of myself a lot better now.

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: ArcofaJourney]
    #6425040 - 01/04/07 03:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

what they said.

--------------------
never be afraid to let your mind explore, just know what you are getting into b4 you jump in the deep end, and do your research on this site and erowid.com

Offlineflawless
Stranger
Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: the_psychonaut]
    #6425325 - 01/04/07 05:16 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

because it gave me the awnsers to the universe, it taught me religion and how there is a big difference between knowing god and knowing religion and how religion and god are 2 very seperate things.

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery
Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: the_psychonaut]
    #6425338 - 01/04/07 05:19 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Ive learned alot of information, and i to think about things diffrently.

InvisibleFixer
Unconventional
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast, USA
Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: implee]
    #6426614 - 01/04/07 11:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Like echisketch who lost 40 pounds and JustK who stopped using people, I was also able to view my flaws more critically and the disgust helped me to affect major changes in my life.

I also got burnt-out cognitively from tripping on acid, and it lasted many years, but I've found that mushrooms and a strong will to use it to heal have actually helped with that as well. There are some amazing places in ourselves waiting to be accessed!

Almost none of my present peers have ever done mushrooms or acid, and I would lose my standing in my community and my job if people knew that I do. I have incredible respect for many of my community members, and I refuse to think I'm better or more enlightened than they are. Nevertheless, tripping has been just what I needed.

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: Fixer]
    #6426784 - 01/05/07 12:16 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

abd also, shrooms taught me to BE MYSELF. do not sell your self short around other people. for intance, when someone says something that isnt funny, i will not laugh if i dont think its funny. im not gonna laugh just to make other not feel insecure, i am who i am.

shrooms also helped me deal with faults in my life. i'd examine certain faults id make in a day and look at how it lead to the fault what i was doing that made the fault turn out the way it did, and most importantly how to avoid the fault.

ultimately, i have a theory...............

as you grow up you gain more knowledge about yourself world, etc. then u being realizing things are not so jolly and "nice" all the time but there are bad parts of life and yourself. you start seeing things about yourself that you dont like, so you begin covering yourself with layers over years and years to hide ceratin parts about yourself that you dont like, u hide you you TRULY are.....
when i took shrooms all these layers were removed. id looka t myself in the mirror and there was nothing more to hide, everything apparency was magnified 500times over and i took a good look at myself, and everything completely. and it changed my life

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Offlinenever_2_high
Stoner
 User Gallery
Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #6426799 - 01/05/07 12:22 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

im a way more calmer, im a mellow person now

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

Re: How has tripping changed your life? [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6426857 - 01/05/07 12:47 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It hasn't

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds