Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Loc: Flag
Landa to Turn Herself in on January 4th [CA]
    #6420455 - 01/03/07 01:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Calls to Protest the Impending Incarceration of MMJ Grower Stephanie Landa
January 2, 2007 - indybay.org

Medical cannabis patient and provider Stephanie Landa is scheduled to turn herself in to federal authorities by 12pm on Thursday, January 4th, 2007. HempEvolution.org, Axis of Love, and Patient Advocacy Network will be holding a rally and protest at 10:30AM at 450 Golden Gate Ave in San Francisco, before Ms. Landa "surrenders" herself. They are asking that people bring flowers, cards, etc. to show their appreciation for Ms. Landa's work in the fight for safe access. Supporters are also asking that people fax Judge Alsup and the US Attorney's Office in San Francisco to demand that Landa's sentence be vacated.

In February of 2002, Stephanie Landa, Kevin Gage, and Thomas Kikuchi attended a Medical Marijuana Task Force meeting with the SFPD that included narcotics officer Sgt. Marty Halloran and Capt. Kevin Cashman, then head of the SFPD narcotics unit. They were advised that the Board of Supervisors had designated San Francisco as a medical marijuana sanctuary, and that police wouldn't cooperate with federal law enforcement. Landa was told that as long as they used licensed electricians, kept their medical marijuana garden within city limits, and sold only to medical marijuana dispensaries, they would have no trouble. She said Cashman presented them with a handout noting that there was no medical marijuana plant limit in San Francisco.

After more assurances from then-district attorney Terence Hallinan, Landa and her partners borrowed $250,000, moved from Los Angeles, secured a business license, and began creating a nonprofit medical cannabis collective. In April 2002 they rented a warehouse for an indoor garden, and began growing 40 strains of cannabis to treat different conditions. "We wanted to be near them so they could protect us as promised," Landa told us. Four months later, a group of plainclothes San Francisco police officers burst into the warehouse, threw Landa and Gage to the ground, and pointed guns at their heads.

Federal prosecutor George Bevan threatened to put Landa in prison for life because of a prior heroin-smuggling charge. In a plea agreement, Landa said she and her partners weren't allowed to mention the roles of Halloran and Cashman, the officers involved in the case, and were forced to sign away their right to an appeal. They were sentenced last summer to 37 to 41 months in federal prison. Gage and Kikichi are now eight months into their terms at a federal prison camp in Sheridan, Ore. Landa, was given a delayed sentence because she and Kikichi have a child, will begin serving her 41 months in a maximum-security prison in about two years.

"When government officials gave us permission to do this, this was not in the plan," said Landa, who sobbed as she recounted the ordeal. "I can't figure out why they would tell us something and then come in and destroy it. It doesn't make sense."

And it's particularly hard to understand in a city that has taken the lead in tolerance of medical marijuana, at least in the rhetoric of local politicians.

"The asylum resolution was a great piece of showmanship, but it didn't impose any penalty for it being violated by city officials," Landa's friend Michael Lee told us. He has also been arrested for growing medical cannabis.

Lee worries that future medical cannabis collectives encouraged by the city could be targeted by police. "If the Board of Supervisors doesn't have any teeth in the situation," Lee said, "they might be waving a flag and yet subjecting people to criminal violations."

Related website: stephanielanda.com

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineelduque
Major LeagueInfidel
 User Gallery
Loc: Eastern AL.
Re: Landa to Turn Herself in on January 4th [CA] [Re: veggie]
    #6420499 - 01/03/07 02:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

this is one of the most stupid things i have ever heard...so freakin retarded...cant use cannabis as a prescribed drug but we can use cocain and a ton of other opiate derivatives...why doesnt this make sense....there is so much money to be made you would think the gov. would love the idea of having another multi-billion dollar industry to tax the hell out of....WTF!

--------------------
We have a little war going on here. I just heard an ambulance go around the corner. what will it be tonight? the son who kicked his mother down the stairs? the father who beat his wife to death with the telephone? the baby who got forgotten by his mother because the drugs were really good today? you never know. you never know and you never get to know unless it's you, and if its you, well, you dont want to know. ~Henry Rollins "Art To Choke Hearts"

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Landa to Turn Herself in on January 4th [CA] [Re: elduque]
    #6420644 - 01/03/07 05:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

there is so much money to be made you would think the gov. would love the idea of having another multi-billion dollar industry to tax the hell out of....WTF!

You have answered your own question, in an odd sort of way. Obviously, the government could make a killing on the taxation of legal drugs. Obviously, somebody is making a killing on profit from illegal drugs. Now, ask yourself, why do the politicians we vote into the government not care about making lots of money for the government... then start to wonder who is actually making the money from drugs being illegal...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineTuneInTurnOn
Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: Landa to Turn Herself in on January 4th [CA] [Re: Seuss]
    #6420777 - 01/03/07 09:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck the government, and fuck the police...coming up from the underground. (NWA)

--------------------
My apartment in New York was on Perry Street, a five minute walk from the White Horse. I often drank there, but I was never accepted because I wore a tie. The real people wanted no part of me.
- The Rum Diary

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: Landa to Turn Herself in on January 4th [CA] [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6422263 - 01/03/07 07:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Screw that!!!

if anyone on here knows landa tell her to stay the hell away from the government. Go into super hiding total underground!!!

Man F the SYSTEM

straight up

Offlinefunkyjunky
Sigh Low Sippin'
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: brick city
Re: Landa to Turn Herself in on January 4th [CA] [Re: Seuss]
    #6422502 - 01/03/07 09:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

Obviously, the government could make a killing on the taxation of legal drugs. Obviously, somebody is making a killing on profit from illegal drugs. Now, ask yourself, why do the politicians we vote into the government not care about making lots of money for the government... then start to wonder who is actually making the money from drugs being illegal...

I only wish more people could see that, or that I could be head of that profit ring and abolish the whole thing.

--------------------
Long Live the Shroomery
Peace

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service