Home | Community | Message Board

Mycotrop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMiSTRFiNGA
The Hare
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
The blue fuzz
    #6417204 - 01/02/07 03:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok I ran several searches in here and read posts till I felt like I was reading the same thing over and over.

So I have my BRF cakes in a styrofoam coolr with tilted plexiglass drip shield. On my Z-strain cke, there are 3 pea size blue fuzz spots. After reading the posts it says they are from high humidity and or airflow. I "waft" and spray the plexi several times a day, so I assume humity must be the culprit.

I dont have a humidity checker, but I live in Florida so the humidity is prolly pretty high. The question I have is can you just "scrape" these small patches off the fully colonized cakes, are they resiliant enough, or is even this small amount certain doom, and dont risk it. Also even if the other cake dont have any on it, is it done for too, just toss, or wait to see if any show up on it if I toss the other one.

I tried to break-up this post so it is no so hard to read as several other posts have been. Thanks for your input!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEraserhead
Lost Soul
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: The blue fuzz [Re: MiSTRFiNGA]
    #6417297 - 01/02/07 04:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the blue fuzz may just be drying mycelium, have you lightly dabbed the spot with a q-tip to see if any comes off? if you have pretty colors on your q-tip then it's mold, and it needs tossed, if not, then your cakes are just drying.

If there's none on the others, just wait and see if it shows up, and watch for different mycelium growth instead of normal mushroom mycelium.

--------------------

OfflineMiSTRFiNGA
The Hare
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: The blue fuzz [Re: Eraserhead]
    #6417829 - 01/02/07 01:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm, if I just dab the spot nothing comes off. If I lightly rub across it, they peeled right off onto the Qtip. Does that follow your pretty colors on the qtip means mold? Thanks!

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: The blue fuzz [Re: MiSTRFiNGA]
    #6417886 - 01/02/07 01:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

it needs to be a dampened qtip touch it gently to the colored areas. if the color bleeds onto the qtip its mold...

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation