Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
Terrence Mckenna: Psilocybin - Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide (1st Edition)
    #6416493 - 01/01/07 10:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If this doesn't work I will be pissed. OK it works, Just copy and paste the link into browser.
http://www.astralsociety.com/Files/Terence%20McKenna%20and%20Dennis%20McKenna%20(as%20O.T.%20Oss%20and%20O.N.%20Oeric)%20-%20Psilocybin%20-%20Magic%20Mushroom%20Grower's%20Guide%20(1st%20Edition).pdf

Edited by Rahie (01/01/07 10:21 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
Re: Terrence Mckenna: Psilocybin - Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide (1st Edition) [Re: Rahie]
    #6416539 - 01/01/07 10:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

its all good in the hood

Edited by Rahie (01/02/07 03:45 AM)

InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
Re: Terrence Mckenna: Psilocybin - Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide (1st Edition) [Re: Rahie]
    #6416995 - 01/02/07 01:07 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Is this working for people?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#6417209 - 01/02/07 03:13 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have no problem with mckenna. I agree with almost zero of what he says, and I don't find him particularly special (not more than any other experienced psychonaut with crazy ideas... though his crazy ideas are surely more organized (to him) than most shroomerites for example).

But what fun are psychedelics if you can't make up some crazy theories about the universe and mankind? If your goal is to be 100% logical in life, that's fantastic. But I don't see how the desire to do psychdelics figures in with that. I can understand the desire to understand *how* they work, but using them wouldn't have much value unless you're just after "seeing pretty things". I think even Mckenna's babble is more noble than the above.

If you're reading mckenna's book because you think he's a genius, and you need some sort of strange beliefs to latch on to because you have none of your own... eh... good luck? If I read his work, I prefer to do so to witness the creativity and strangeness of a man who has done quite a lot of psychedelics. Perhaps to compare his insanity with my own. But to take his word as fact? (speaking not so much about his cultivation info, which i've not actually read) again, good luck with that.

He's certainly too "out there" and without evidence or solid reasoning for me to blindly follow, as many do. But I find the old psychonaut a worthy subject for analysis now and then. His devotion and respect to the plants, fungi, and chemicals are noble indeed.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

Re: Terrence Mckenna: Psilocybin - Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide (1st Edition) [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6417242 - 01/02/07 03:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:sleep:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Terrence Mckenna: Psilocybin - Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide (1st Edition) [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6417637 - 01/02/07 11:13 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Koala Koolio said:
I have no problem with mckenna. I agree with almost zero of what he says, and I don't find him particularly special (not more than any other experienced psychonaut with crazy ideas... though his crazy ideas are surely more organized (to him) than most shroomerites for example).

But what fun are psychedelics if you can't make up some crazy theories about the universe and mankind? If your goal is to be 100% logical in life, that's fantastic. But I don't see how the desire to do psychdelics figures in with that. I can understand the desire to understand *how* they work, but using them wouldn't have much value unless you're just after "seeing pretty things". I think even Mckenna's babble is more noble than the above.

If you're reading mckenna's book because you think he's a genius, and you need some sort of strange beliefs to latch on to because you have none of your own... eh... good luck? If I read his work, I prefer to do so to witness the creativity and strangeness of a man who has done quite a lot of psychedelics. Perhaps to compare his insanity with my own. But to take his word as fact? (speaking not so much about his cultivation info, which i've not actually read) again, good luck with that.

He's certainly too "out there" and without evidence or solid reasoning for me to blindly follow, as many do. But I find the old psychonaut a worthy subject for analysis now and then. His devotion and respect to the plants, fungi, and chemicals are noble indeed.

As recently as two weeks ago the grain of salt I take mcKenna with was about as big as yours seems to be, but lately he grows on me more and more. He's a trickster figure, which I can really appreciate, and his eloquence often ventures into the land of hyperbole, but you can still gain a lot from what he's talking about.

I'm reading him and Huxley at the same time right now, an interesting dichotomy.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinehjalmar
retired clandestine chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Gallia Belgica (Menapia)
Re: Terrence Mckenna: Psilocybin - Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide (1st Edition) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6418047 - 01/02/07 02:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks mate, works for me.

This was the book that sparked my interest in mushroom growing years ago.

I lent it out but never got it back, as usual :frown:

Glad to have it again

--------------------
Gymnopilus luteofolius indoor grow log
Psilocybe cyanescens outdoor grow: stems to cardboard to woodchips
Wir behalten von unseren Studien am Ende doch nur das, was wir praktisch anwenden.  (Goethe)
ή γνώσις τών όντων

Offlinehjalmar
retired clandestine chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Gallia Belgica (Menapia)
Re: Terrence Mckenna: Psilocybin - Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide (1st Edition) [Re: hjalmar]
    #6418063 - 01/02/07 02:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Using tinyurl you can make long urls easily into short ones:

http://tinyurl.com/yezb62

--------------------
Gymnopilus luteofolius indoor grow log
Psilocybe cyanescens outdoor grow: stems to cardboard to woodchips
Wir behalten von unseren Studien am Ende doch nur das, was wir praktisch anwenden.  (Goethe)
ή γνώσις τών όντων

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #6418651 - 01/02/07 05:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Funny things to say about the grand master guru of Psilocybin thinkers around the globe.

Mycognostic individuals are the most underestimated humans of all. :smirk:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Community >> The Pub