Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebadreichenhall
Stranger

My First Psychedelic Experience
    #6414900 - 01/01/07 03:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m kinda new to this and its kinda new thinking about...
a Psychedelic Experience. Been thinking about it for a while.

I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m a little scared.

if I just take a little bit what happens?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWoahtubulardude
Some Hippy Dude
Male
Re: My First Psychedelic Experience [Re: badreichenhall]
    #6415488 - 01/01/07 02:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Its kinda overwhelming when you read reports of people that have level 4-5 trips and say how intense it is and how they lose touch with reality and what not, but lets face it 95% of those hugely intense trips are experienced psychonauts and are on a larger dose.

If you want sort of a mellow trip, start small, you can feel effects on even 1gram, you'll get a nice body buzz, maybe some CEV's, maybe not, but definitly not intense, I started on 2.5g but on the wrong type, looking back I'm almost positive they were cambodians, which gave me a much too intense trip my first time especially b/c I smoked 4 bowls as I hit peak, which i didn't know at the time. But, 2.5g on Cubes, is not so bad, its mainly a heavy body buzz, some deep thoughts for sure, noticable laughter and heightened appreciation of shiny objects, but you won't experience too much for Open eye visuals, unless you're in a dark room, but defintily noticeable closed eye visuals.

Don't say no to psychedelics just because of crazy stories you read about, its different for everyone, if you plan on tripping have a close friend who you trust, some good music lined up, maybe some cool movies, but just anything that makes you feel comfortable and happy, and from experience, I've loved fleece blankets, they make everything awesome.
Do some research, theres plenty of sources on the site.
I hope you decide to try it, just don't expect it to be like weed or something where you ust want to get "fucked up", it can open your eyes and mind to some things you may have overlooked in the past, or help sort some stuff out in your head.
Peace and vibes man.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: My First Psychedelic Experience [Re: Woahtubulardude]
    #6415566 - 01/01/07 03:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Do more reading.

Wait until the fear is gone, gain comfortability- before you dose.

If the fear does not go away, do not dose.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineTuneInTurnOn
Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: My First Psychedelic Experience [Re: badreichenhall]
    #6415613 - 01/01/07 03:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If I were you, I would take 0.5 grams and and see how it felt. I was really nervous about my first shroom trip after a very bad acid trip, but I did a low dose and it was all good :wink: happy tripping man!

--------------------
My apartment in New York was on Perry Street, a five minute walk from the White Horse. I often drank there, but I was never accepted because I wore a tie. The real people wanted no part of me.
- The Rum Diary

InvisibleCrossofdevil
Re: My First Psychedelic Experience *DELETED* [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6415807 - 01/01/07 05:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Crossofdevil

Reason for deletion: old

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: My First Psychedelic Experience [Re: Crossofdevil]
    #6415816 - 01/01/07 05:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Iv always heard of people saying that acid isnt as much a mindfuck as shrooms, or that you have more control.

--------------------

InvisibleCrossofdevil
Re: My First Psychedelic Experience *DELETED* [Re: AJ4U]
    #6415818 - 01/01/07 05:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Crossofdevil

Reason for deletion: old

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#6415899 - 01/01/07 06:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

acid is easier to handle in my opinion.

--------------------

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: My First Psychedelic Experience [Re: 2859558484]
    #6416199 - 01/01/07 08:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Why do people always assume acid is 'harder' than shrooms?

It's not.

I've heard it's marginally more psychologically dangerous... but in my opinion there's so much subjectivity to that claim that you could never prove it.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: My First Psychedelic Experience [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6416295 - 01/01/07 08:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ya, you couldnt prove that. They are both just as hard as the other.
They are so different, and last for different amounts of time.

I have a good friend who is schizophrenic(very extreem case).
The hallucinogens he did in the past didnt help.

To this day, it is mine and his personal opinion that mushrooms are actually a bit harder on the brain and personality. Atleast for schizophrenics, or extreemely schizotypal people (like myself)....
Basically worse for people who are prone to mental illness. Thats just my opinion, his, and my closest friends opinions.....
My closest friends just so happen to be VERY experienced, thats partly why we mesh so well.

I would not ever say something like one is worse than the other and state that as if it was a fact.
Much like how I would never say "2.5 grams *will* only give you minor visuals and a body buzz". To say a thing like that, you really need to make a reference point as to where you are coming from. Its just not a fact, much like saying 2.5 grams will blow your mind.

In my case, 2.5 grams is a very intense trip in every way, every time. Full blown intense visuals and a heavy mind job. It doesnt work that way for all people.

I honestly would start with one gram of cubes. No more no less.
Its a perfect starting dose. Its also the only starting dose I would ever recommend for a first time user. A half eighth, 1.75 grams can really rub some first timers the wrong way. It can definately be very intense.

I had tried acid MANY times, and a full 1500 mic dose of lsd before I ever tried shrooms. 1.75 grams definately gave me more than what I was looking for in a first trip on mushrooms.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Loc: North-East
Re: My First Psychedelic Experience [Re: yageman]
    #6416386 - 01/01/07 09:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

There are TONS of trip reports to tell you what is a good starter amount and you can find info re: how much according to your weight too on this site. Keep clicking, you'll find it.
A) Don't do more just 'cause nothing happened after 1/2 hour. Hang in there.
B) Have a friend with you and a place to be that you feel safe and happy in. Be happy yourself and be ready for stuff you've never experienced before but it's all okay and "normal" (a relative term!)
C) Have on hand: Good music, art supplies and drinking water.
Happy trails to you! (Wave and check it out when you're peaking! SOO much fun!) :smile:

--------------------

My inner child runs with scissors but plays nicely with others!

Sometimes the light's all shine'in on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me,
What a looong strange trip it's been! ~ Truck'in

OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Loc: only the truth is left
Re: My First Psychedelic Experience [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #6416512 - 01/01/07 10:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

As others have said, acid is easier to handle. Either way take 1g mushies or 1/2 hit acid for your first experience. Remeber it is influenced by your PRE-conecptions. So if youre scared you could wind up having a scary trip. Theres really nothing to be scared of, remeber that.
Dont listen to these people who havent done it. Yes acid is more controllable in a way.. but your mind always influences ANY kind of trip you are on. On higher doses I would say theres less control in either situation..
Ofcourse you may be excited and wondering what is going to happen, but its just a drug, and it will go away after a few hours. It is natural to have some fear, but not an overwhelming fear or nervousness. Why are you taking this drug? To have insights and gain knowledge and have fun? Well be positive then. Go into it positively and your trip will be positive. Make sure you are in a place where you feel totally comfortable, if you have to wait to find that place, do it instead of taking it where you arent totally comfortable. Perhaps consider it, if it does not feel right, wait until it does feel right
PEACE

--------------------
God says dance with your heart
And shake free of you desire

Where theres a will theres always a way
When you get confused listen to the music play

Edited by CerebralFlower (01/01/07 10:36 PM)

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
Re: My First Psychedelic Experience [Re: CerebralFlower]
    #6417030 - 01/02/07 01:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Take an 1/8th but have a sitter present. My friend and me took an 1/8th each during our first time tripping and had an amazing trip. I was nervous and had a "what am I doing to myself?" feeling during the first 30-40 mins, when I was feeling sick to my stomach, but it was quickly overwhelmed by major euphoria and empathy.

OfflineTuneInTurnOn
Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #6417667 - 01/02/07 11:36 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Crossofdevil said:
Quote:

TuneInTurnOn said:
If I were you, I would take 0.5 grams and and see how it felt. I was really nervous about my first shroom trip after a very bad acid trip, but I did a low dose and it was all good :wink: happy tripping man!

Wouldnt it make sense to do shrooms first then acid? Sine acid is kinda a harder drug?

I initially thought that, but tried the acid anyways because it was available and my parents were gone for a weekend...thank god they were, because I was fucked for 2 days and im suspecting that what I took was DOB; it took 4 hours to kick in even after comedown I felt sketched out for a couple of days after. However, I love mushrooms and the trips ive had on them are always amazing w/out the longer lasting effects of the blotter that I took (the whole thing lasted about 12 hours, not counting the 4 hour phase between dose and effect)

Planning on trying a different batch of acid though, as most people here say that thoughts seem easier to control on acid. Happy tripping though man! :mushroom2:

--------------------
My apartment in New York was on Perry Street, a five minute walk from the White Horse. I often drank there, but I was never accepted because I wore a tie. The real people wanted no part of me.
- The Rum Diary

Edited by TuneInTurnOn (01/02/07 11:38 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience