Home | Community | Message Board

MycologyNow.com Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria, Amanita Tincture   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecubenessence
Stranger
Re: Amanita Muscaria cultivation.. easy or hard? [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6414866 - 01/01/07 02:46 AM (15 years, 30 days ago)

I would love to see you pull this off. I think the cube growers are just trying to understand why you are willing to put so much effort into a seemingly unrewarding project. You are doing this just for the sake of knowing it's possible? Pictures? Thesis? Boredom?
I'm all for the pursuit of knowledge, it just seems it little fruitless (no pun intended) given the amount of effort you seem to be dedicating. But again, you got my 100% support, good luck.

--------------------
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
-- Sir Winston Churchill

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Amanita Muscaria cultivation.. easy or hard? [Re: cubenessence]
    #6415015 - 01/01/07 08:16 AM (15 years, 30 days ago)

lol just eat the amanitas off the ground.

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6415095 - 01/01/07 10:04 AM (15 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

pscyanescens said:
Blutjager: learning is never a waste of time.

I agree,I too like to learn things and when its something I'm interested in I learn even difficult things rather easy,I was just saying it is fairly well known that growing aminatas is notoriously difficult and may be more trouble than its worth

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Re: Amanita Muscaria cultivation.. easy or hard? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6415695 - 01/01/07 04:25 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

Well how hard it is to grow was the main part of my original question. So that being said, thank you everyone for letting me know the kind of challenges are ahead of me.

As far as effort i guarantee i wont be spending that much time. I don't plan on spending any money. I just plan to keep hunting. Observing my surroundings, documenting the natural substrate, trees within 50' radius. I already document all weather conditions, just so i know when to look for everything. If i have a good picking day, i can look back at the previous day, week, or month, and develop patterns that reoccur every year. I may just focus slightly more on the A.Muscaria just because it is one of my favorite finds.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
    #6415947 - 01/01/07 06:41 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

pscyanescens said:

As far as effort i guarantee i wont be spending that much time. I don't plan on spending any money.

maybe mycology is not for you

--------------------
----------

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Amanita Muscaria cultivation.. easy or hard? [Re: odium33]
    #6416062 - 01/01/07 07:30 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

okay the ONLY way I've ever heard of ANY success with amanita cultivation was were someone found wild specimens and dug up it and a large portion of ground and chopped the chunk of earth and mushrooms from the patch up, planted a 7 foot pine from the local nursery and used the ground from the wild amanitas to fill in over the roots.... it took 3 years before anything appeared and wasn't much, this method is nothing but a crapshoot, where most the time the experiment fails.. many many many people have tried i'm not trying to discourage you learning is wonderful, in fact when i joined this site one of my first threads was me arguing with the experts on this very subject because i too thought i could learn it... i'm just suggesting you learn something practical, without advanced mycological knowledge its just not even feasable... i'm sorry you take our offerings of advice with such a shabby attitude... we mean only to help you understand that this isn't practical....while this is perhaps one of the best mycological resources on the net, nobody here is going to have much in the line of help for this project, simply because people have tried over and over to succeed only to blow a bunch of money with no success... many have even tried repeating the experiments that have had some minimal success like the one i mentioned.. most have failed and nobody has come up with a surefire method... go ahead try, i encourage it, but i warn you, at least some failures surely lie ahead... especially if you haven't grown mushrooms of any type before... i'm your friend and i'm here to help as is everyone please don't feel the need to be defensive, for we in no way mean to offend or criticize you...

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Amanita Muscaria cultivation.. easy or hard? [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #6416079 - 01/01/07 07:38 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

tickettothemoon said:
i'm your friend and i'm here to help as is everyone please don't feel the need to be defensive, for we in no way mean to offend or criticize you...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria cultivation.. easy or hard? [Re: total]
    #6416609 - 01/01/07 10:57 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

I don't expect to succeed at everything i do. But if i don't try i will never learn anything. Thank you for the success story, I will attribute pine trees as well to my experiments. I would however like more information like this..... rather then discouragement. Maybe the reason there are so little success stories with A.Muscaria is because people gave up too soon on cultivation attempts, maybe due to discouragement.

Odium33: Is money required to do research? What materials are needed for cultivation of A.Muscaria i cant find at home? What is the harm of getting a spray bottle full of spores and spraying all over my mountain?? Then observing through the years on any spots that take. If i cant understand the cultivation process entirely right away, why not at least give the spores a nice push out the door and see what nature does it self? Then at least i get a better starting point.

Can anyone prove that i would be wasting my time with a spray bottle? The redistribution of spores has nothing to do with cultivation?

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #6416812 - 01/01/07 11:57 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

pscyanescens said:
-Well i have never grown cubbies just so everyone knows that.

-I dont intend on eating them. I just want good pics and something to do experiments on. Hopefully test for percentages of toxins, if i do allot more research. But mostly pictures.

-So it is hard? This means it is not impossible.

I want my own pictures like this

Drive up to arcata and you will find them by the hundreds oalong the freeways

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinecubenessence
Stranger
Re: Amanita Muscaria cultivation.. easy or hard? [Re: tahoe]
    #6416841 - 01/02/07 12:10 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

I googled Amanita muscaria cultivation and got this in less than 10 seconds. From iamshaman.com-

"Amanita cultivation in a lab environment has always been an impossibility due to the symbiotic mycorrhizal relationship of this mushroom to its host trees. But if one has the necessary host trees in their area, and resides in the proper temperate zone or elevation, try and simply take a few dried or fresh caps that are in sporination (fully flattened or upturning with longitudinal tears along the striations), crush them up thoroughly, and mix the crushings into the top soil. See if it will take. If one doesn't want to make the initial investment of the caps simply chop up the stems from sporinating specimens, which will naturally have collected some of the falling spores, and mix with the soil. Clark Heinrich states that he simply buries the stems under the proper host tree for cultivation, but then again he probably lives the the perfect environment. I would recommend that this be done in the Fall soon after the fruiting season or in early Spring so that the spores can receive their proper life cycle. My own observations (I've yet to actually learn this) of Amanita growth suggest that mycelia growth takes place primarily throughout the Spring and Summer months and is highly dependent on rain and soil moisture preceding the Fall fruiting. If the season is dry just water your mushroom garden every few days. A host tree in a large container that can be left outdoors year round may be a candidate for cultivation if one is in the right zone."

For someone who isn't going to put much time into this, or money, with no mcology background, the prognosis is almost certain failure. However, if you have to fail yourself to appreciate the difficulty, have at it. Good luck.

--------------------
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
-- Sir Winston Churchill

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria cultivation.. easy or hard? [Re: cubenessence]
    #6423685 - 01/04/07 03:25 AM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Thank you very much. That is the most help i have gotten yet. I will spend as much time as i find necessary, but won't break my back over it. If a little money is needed thats fine, if i think it is worth it.

Furthermore i have some mycology experience. I have been studying mycology for about the last 4-5 years, seasonal of course. I have been almost successful with my attempts to grow wood loving cold weather actives outdoors. I have got cakes and pins, but they wouldn't continue to fruit.

As far as elevation I live at about 13,000 feet above sea level. I normally find my A.Muscaria at lower elevations, don't think i have seen one higher then 10,000 feet. Anyone else?

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6428911 - 01/05/07 08:38 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

I just planted my previous finds. I planted in a a locations remotely close to the original find. I found in a moderately maintained meadow. There was almost a full circle of young madrone trees. Not too young, but no taller then 20' In the area there was sings of gopher activity. Dead oaks about 30-40' away. Just a little pine and fir, but pretty far away. They usually growing along side Laccaria Amethystina in this particular area.

I have collected a lot of spores from my previous finds as well. I plan on putting them in a spray bottle and spraying suspected environments and substrates. Is there a better idea to spread the spores evenly?

--------------------
----------------

OfflineVampireSlayer
killing ghosts,zombies andvampires forlife
Male User Gallery

#6428954 - 01/05/07 08:56 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

It's impossible! Not even Paul Stamets could pull it off!

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria cultivation.. easy or hard? [Re: VampireSlayer]
    #6429725 - 01/06/07 01:10 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

If it is impossible then how come they grow????? How come Chantrelles grow????? Just becuase no one has done it doesnt mean it cant be done. What can be created it can be recreated, given the proper information.

--------------------
----------------

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
    #6429783 - 01/06/07 01:37 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

Its not impossible obviously but for indoor yes. You should buy a few books so you know why your asking is just not possible. If you had a boat load of money and a team of scientist you still would fail. So don't worry, your not the first and the the last.

Chanterelle grow if you like is more a freak of nature. We know why and how, but can not duplicate it on demand.

Your right is has not been don't and it might. But as far as Chanterelle people have spent millions in this. As there is huge profits to be made.

One example is Frank Herbert (yes the writer of Dune and a fan of shrooms as the book is lots of mushroom themes) anyway he started a project 30yrs ago and it is now, thought not much at all is producing Chanterelle . Years and years and lost of money and time have yield results. ~ Read mycelium running and you will ask no more :wink:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria cultivation.. easy or hard? [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #6429872 - 01/06/07 02:46 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

I am tired of people saying its impossible and not reposting. Also people who don't read the whole thread before they post.

- I am not trying to grow indoors. I have posted several times.

- I know i need the help of mother nature..

- Before the 1900's people thought traveling to the moon was impossible. The impossible is being made possible every day.

-If mother nature can grow these mushrooms there is a way we can at least help in the dispersal of it's spores.

Impossible is something that can't be done. Nature does this all the time so it can be done. It the lack of information that makes us believe it is impossible. Does this mean the information is forever to be unrevealed? How can that be proven?

Quote:

Snaggletooth said:
Its not impossible obviously but for indoor yes. You should buy a few books so you know why your asking is just not possible.

You contradict yourself by saying its not impossible and then saying it's just not possible in the same post? Why does everyone say buy some books without referring to some preferred reading material. What should i read?

--------------------
----------------

InvisibleMajorDick
notbeingadick
Male User Gallery

Loc: Westchestertonfieldville,... Flag
    #6429891 - 01/06/07 03:04 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Amanita+Muscaria+cultivation&ei=UTF-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&fr=moz2

enjoy

edit: actually judging by your posts you've already read the first hit on that search. I'ma pothead; what was the question again?

Edited by MajorDick (01/06/07 03:07 AM)

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
    #6431505 - 01/06/07 05:11 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

pscyanescens said:
You contradict yourself by saying its not impossible and then saying it's just not possible in the same post? Why does everyone say buy some books without referring to some preferred reading material. What should i read?

Quote:

Snaggletooth said:
One example is Frank Herbert (yes the writer of Dune and a fan of shrooms as the book is lots of mushroom themes) anyway he started a project 30yrs ago and it is now, thought not much at all is producing Chanterelle . Years and years and lost of money and time have yield results. ~ Read mycelium running and you will ask no more :wink:

Good luck! :smirk:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6432202 - 01/06/07 08:53 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I heard from my friend one person was succesfull to some extent. He said they got a Chanterelle to grow out of the bottom of a plastic planting container, from one of the drainage holes in the bottom. He planted had it next to a pineor fir tree i believe.

--------------------
----------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #6432231 - 01/06/07 09:02 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

:lol: Start praying to the trees my friend

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria, Amanita Tincture   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder