Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Making Blue Honey
    #6398739 - 12/23/06 06:23 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

So, i heard if you mix your mushies in Honey, it will absorb the chemicals you want, and let u preserve them longer, because oxidation is no longer a problem. My question is does it matter if they are dried out or not before you add to your honey. And what is a good ratio to mix.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebrshroomer
Moss bear hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: Making Blue Honey [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6398752 - 12/23/06 06:35 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i heard you shouldn't store them in honey...

but you gave me an idea...does anybody know whats the color of shroom tea? i never seen it...

--------------------

trade list & wanted list

pinning triggers

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Making Blue Honey [Re: brshroomer]
    #6398984 - 12/23/06 10:16 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Last time me and my friends made it, it was so dark purple that it looked black.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Making Blue Honeyy [Re: Ekstaza]
    #6398992 - 12/23/06 10:24 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

yeah my friend got some and tripped for 2 days and it was purple

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinebrshroomer
Moss bear hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: Making Blue Honeyy [Re: thedudenj]
    #6398999 - 12/23/06 10:31 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i just have a great idea...

if you're familiar to the process of extracting ISO hash from weed you'll probably undertand easily...

when i get some shrooms i'll try and see if it works...

basically, get the shrooms, cut then into small pieces (cut, not grind) then put in a pot with lid, pour some alcohol in it, close, shake the hell out of it, than shake a litle bit more, then put in a small recipient and let it dry a bit, but it has to still be a liquid.

that's the same process used for Honey Oil...

the result could be...Blue Honey... and you could vaporize it...

sounds interesting enough to make some testing?

--------------------

trade list & wanted list

pinning triggers

OfflineMaryanneNumber
10footalice
Loc: NZ
    #6399398 - 12/23/06 01:53 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

in my experience i think its a decent way to store them if you have a good honey (like manuka, although im not sure if thats available overseas ?)

if you put fresh ones in honey, the water will separate to the top of the honey. this is fine as long as you tip the jar on its head once or twice a day and allow it to resettle.

that was how i stored my mushrooms last season when i was only finding one or two but at regular intervals. worked good. the actual honey was just as potent as the solid mushrooms (this way have been cause i halved or shredded about half of them).

the max time i kept the jar and tripped was about 4 months.

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Making Blue Honeyy [Re: brshroomer]
    #6399668 - 12/23/06 03:56 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

brshroomer said:
i just have a great idea...

if you're familiar to the process of extracting ISO hash from weed you'll probably understand easily...

when i get some shrooms I'll try and see if it works...

basically, get the shrooms, cut then into small pieces (cut, not grind) then put in a pot with lid, pour some alcohol in it, close, shake the hell out of it, than shake a little bit more, then put in a small recipient and let it dry a bit, but it has to still be a liquid.

I have made ISO hash before and it is not that easy. What you explain is not ISO until you go through the isomerization process refluxing with a condenser and adding a little acid to kick off the reaction. Even then i needed ether to purify what was extracted from the alcohol before Isomerization. Lots of money in scientific glass is needed to do this properly. Ether and 100% alcohol are not easily found and definitely not inexpensive. Furthermore the process took me and a more experienced friend several days.

I am not saying it wont work to a certain degree. However, the practicality of it all and financially speaking, i don't think its worth it unless a large amount is used.

The honey thing seems much simpler. I heard it will last longer if you store it in the freezer. I don't know if this is true. I heard from locals in Norther California in the Humbolt area.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Making Blue Honeyy [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6399727 - 12/23/06 04:25 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

First off- did anyone answer the fresh vs dried question for honey? Dried would obviously work, I have not made honey myself so I don't know if fresh would.

Second- you can't vaporize psilocybin. I have never heard of any successful method to dose psilocybin via inhalation.

Third- nobody tripped for 2 days on psilocybin, maybe they had mental after effects, but they certainly didn't trip for that long.

Fourth- Can I get a link to an ISO hash page?

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: Making Blue Honey [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6399761 - 12/23/06 04:51 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I have made shroom honey using dry shrooms very successfully, i used about 1 part dry shrooms to about 9 parts honey (by weight). You need quite a high proportion of honey if you are using ground up dry shrooms cause after a few days they will absorb a lot of the honey and will turn in to solid clump otherwise.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Making Blue Honey [Re: MindFood]
    #6399957 - 12/23/06 06:02 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I think I'm going to make a jar of shroom honey using an ounce or so of powdered shrooms just mixed right in.

I'll just have to do the math to figure out how much honey to consume for a decent trip. Just eat 1/8th of the jar of honey.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Making Blue Honey [Re: Ekstaza]
    #6400038 - 12/23/06 06:34 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

iso extract of mushroom works.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Making Blue Honeyy [Re: brshroomer]
    #6400225 - 12/23/06 07:43 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I am not saying it wont work, however the method described below

Quote:

brshroomer said:

basically, get the shrooms, cut then into small pieces (cut, not grind) then put in a pot with lid, pour some alcohol in it, close, shake the hell out of it, than shake a little bit more, then put in a small recipient and let it dry a bit, but it has to still be a liquid.

that's the same process used for Honey Oil...

It's not Isomerization, its a simple extraction. (refer to my last post) It may work to some extent. But all the work compared to mixing it with honey. What about life span??? Does it last longer as an ISO extraction? Dosage would seem harder to control with ISO. And again with the time and the money for materials and chemicals Also what does ISO extract Psilocin and Psilocybin, is beaocystin involved? Will it result in the same high?

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6408916 - 12/29/06 07:01 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

From what i read.. the more blue in your honey the more of the chemical you want is oxidized(lost) Psilocybin is converted into psilocin through the body. Psilocin is what gets us high, as well as beaocystin to some degree. Psilocybin is an relatively unstable chemical, therefore becoming easily oxidized and lost. But the Psilocin is relatively stable because it is contained inter-cellularly. Harder to extract, and makes extraction done in labs much more time consuming because of this. So not to say the blue honey doesn't work, but if its blue you are giving up some of the chemical, your body could of converted into the one we can consume, Psilocin.

--------------------
----------------

OfflineTuneInTurnOn
Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #6408933 - 12/29/06 07:13 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

how long would this blue honey last before it started losing potency?

--------------------
My apartment in New York was on Perry Street, a five minute walk from the White Horse. I often drank there, but I was never accepted because I wore a tie. The real people wanted no part of me.
- The Rum Diary

Offlineomnicrap
Stranger

Re: Making Blue Honey [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6409032 - 12/29/06 08:06 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

It's the other way around, psilocin is easily oxidized and is what causes the mushrooms to bruise blue, while psilocybin is relatively stable. Once you eat them, psilocybin is dephosphorylated into psilocin which is the active constituent.

--------------------
A tight tie-dyed dress, she was a psychedelic mess
We toured to the north, south, east and west
We sold some mushroom tea, we sold some ecstasy
We sold nitrous, opium, acid, heroin and PCP
Now I hear the police coming after me

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Making Blue Honey [Re: omnicrap]
    #6409413 - 12/29/06 10:41 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Oops.. lol I always get those 2 confused, they sound so similar. Here is one of my sources. Its good reading, but should be read all the way through.
http://www.fanaticus.com/mycoalki.htm

Tune-In: As far as how long it would last, i think it would be relatively longer then putting them in a zip lock bag. The lack of oxygen would help preserve what you want.

--------------------
----------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate