Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Loc: UK, Hellas
Just came back from India
    #6405223 - 12/28/06 02:17 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Hi, I just came back from a 2 month backpacking trip in India, didn't got for any particular spiritual reaon, like to join an ashram or a group etc.... met a lot of different kinds of "holy men" of course everyone's facourites are Shiva's babas and a close second the tibetan monks. Met some that were total fraudsters as well. At least Hinduism started making more sense to me after being there and talking with the people, most of the people would think they believe in idols but I felt it wasn't much different to christianity, they have all those 29347694327 gods just like christians have saints, while the 3 lords they just consider expressions of god (Brahma).

It was definetly a life changing experience, I went there just for holidays but it turned out to be a dream for many reasons (but his isn't the travel forum anyway
, one that I hadn't even considered. I think you guys would appreciate this pic:

Its up at 3000 meters at the Kheer Ganga trek in Himachal pradesh, after a bath in the holy springs this baba invited me to join in his prayer and of course I couldn't resist.

I would appreciate if the mods didn't move this to another forum, I avoid posting in the off-topic especially..

Anyway, I'm back refreshed for a lot of interesting discussions...... Have to catch up with what happened while I was gone

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Just came back from India [Re: trunksan]
    #6407137 - 12/29/06 03:17 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

It is nice to hear from you and your experience in India, as well as seeing those pictures. :cool: I couldn't find anything specific that we are to discuss in a philosophical or spiritual manner, so I'm going to slide this post over to The Pub. Its a great place for sharing experiences and such, and there will be a link so that P&S users can navigate to it. :wink:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #6407623 - 12/29/06 10:24 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

That sounds amazing, I hear India is beautiful place to visit. The one thing that would irk me from going (and other countries) is the language barrier. None the less, I'm sure one day I'll head out somewhere.

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Just came back from India [Re: adamj]
    #6407706 - 12/29/06 10:53 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Holy shit. You look like a middle eastern version of..... me!

:argh:

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Re: Just came back from India [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #6413011 - 12/31/06 09:48 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Holy shit. You look like a middle eastern version of..... me!

:argh:

I'm not the baba, I'm the guy with the haki clothes...... :cool: :cool:
Although I'm a bit tanned there from both the tropical and snowy places, I have a lot of middle-eastern blood in me, my mom comes from Cyprus, which has been invaded hunbdreds of times by arabs from north Africa and the Middle east, as well as Europeans (Venice, Enets -spelling, British, Crusaders) and still the north part of it is illegally occupied by the Turkish army.

Quote:

adamj said:
That sounds amazing, I hear India is beautiful place to visit. The one thing that would irk me from going (and other countries) is the language barrier. None the less, I'm sure one day I'll head out somewhere.

Actually, India is the easiest country to backpack in all of Asia since 90% of their education system is in English (British), so all educated people, as well as people who maybe went to school for only a few years speak from good to Excellent English. Even their laws and national TV is in English, after all there are 28 official languages in India + hundreds of local dialects so the best way to communicate within the country is not Hindi, but English.

If anyone goes to India, I thoroughly reccomend Hampi, in Karnataka it's a lot like Kapadokia in Turkey (not as glorious as though) or Mexican dessert hills.

And it's so cheap that you can travel easily with just your unemployemnt benefits (though I just used my savings). I spent including my tickets, along with large quantities of Himalaian charas and jungle weed + more than 50 litres of shopping about $2500 for 2 months and I also stopped for a few days in London where on average I spent $100 a day exluding accomodation (so you can easily see the difference).

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #6415371 - 01/01/07 11:50 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trunksan said:
And it's so cheap that you can travel easily with just your unemployemnt benefits (though I just used my savings). I spent including my tickets, along with large quantities of Himalaian charas and jungle weed + more than 50 litres of shopping about $2500 for 2 months

How good is the food and lodging for that price?

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: Just came back from India [Re: PowerTrip]
    #6415394 - 01/01/07 11:58 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

how available is bud over there? what the legal status and how is it enforced?

OfflineTuneInTurnOn
Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #6415601 - 01/01/07 01:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Man that sounds amazing, did you go alone or with some friends? Im planning on doing something like that as well, the world is just a damn amazing place when you open your eyes and see it :wink:

--------------------
My apartment in New York was on Perry Street, a five minute walk from the White Horse. I often drank there, but I was never accepted because I wore a tie. The real people wanted no part of me.
- The Rum Diary

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Re: Just came back from India [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6425205 - 01/04/07 04:34 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TuneInTurnOn said:
Man that sounds amazing, did you go alone or with some friends? Im planning on doing something like that as well, the world is just a damn amazing place when you open your eyes and see it :wink:

I started with a friend for the first month but he came back to Europe and I continued alone. I had a much better time alone, everywhere I landed I quickly made friends with locals and tourists and by the end of the day we usually had a party or a meal all together. The atmosphere is like that, travels and locals are very friendly!

Quote:

daytripper05 said:
how available is bud over there? what the legal status and how is it enforced?

The second thing people tried to sell me after a hotel was drugs (I think my unshaved face and dirty clothes helped). Charas is cheap in the Himalaias where it is made, as low as $0,5 per gram, if you buy more than 10 grams the price can decrease much more.
Weed is only good down south, you can get 10 grams of the finest jungle weed for $2.
Mushrooms again are cheap down south, maybe $1 per gram

In certain places it is legal, but except for GOA all the other places no1 seemed to care, I smoked in the street, in temples, restaurants etc. In GOA there are a lot of tourists and a lot of corruption so the police chase tourists so that you can bribe your way out.

Quote:

PowerTrip said:

How good is the food and lodging for that price?

The food is superb.... 3 ppl can have a 3 course meal with a drink for $5. Only in south india I paid about about $7/per meal but I ate fresh exotic fish every night (shark, marlin, blowfish, baracuda etc).

Lodging is just your average double room with shower, with a bit of searching you easily found big clean rooms for $2/3 per night.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #6425263 - 01/04/07 04:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

cool, sounds like you had a blast. maybe i'll be able to make it over there sometime. any more pictures?

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #6425266 - 01/04/07 04:56 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Looks like you had a great experience!! I would love to go on a trek like that.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #6425282 - 01/04/07 05:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

more pics!

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #6425319 - 01/04/07 05:15 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome!

more pics!

InvisibleKerbouchardS
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6425381 - 01/04/07 05:30 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for sharing. Those prices sound amazing. I'd at least try to mail back an ounce of hash at those prices :cool: might not make it but would be worth it.
Sounds like an amazing adventure, tell us more about where you slept and  if you had sex with anyone

--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Just came back from India [Re: Kerbouchard]
    #6425412 - 01/04/07 05:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trunksan: I avoid posting in the off-topic especially..

Quote:

Kerbouchard: tell us more about where you slept and if you had sex with anyone

:meanlaugh:

InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Califas
Re: Just came back from India [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #6425418 - 01/04/07 05:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

that picture was great wish i was their...
hey is that a custom to light each other up?

--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Re: Just came back from India [Re: Kerbouchard]
    #6426885 - 01/05/07 01:13 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kerbouchard said:
Thanks for sharing. Those prices sound amazing. I'd at least try to mail back an ounce of hash at those prices :cool: might not make it but would be worth it.
Sounds like an amazing adventure, tell us more about where you slept and  if you had sex with anyone

I brought with me about 15g of some Manali cream,  after my 3-day NYE mayhem I have about 2-3 grams left. Manali and Malana are the 2 most famous locations for charras-making in the world, mostly because they don't hide it, everywhere you look there are ganja trees, if you run out of charras you just go to the park and take some weed from the tree. It grows everywhere naturally

Manali is in Parvati valley, supposedly Lord Shiva spent 1000 years there smoking charras and meditating and that is why he married Parvati, spirit of the valley and daughter of the god of rivers [forgot his name sorry], and that's why Babas who follow Shiva smoke charras all day long.

link for the videos is:
http://www.dailymotion.com/trunksan/1

Im waiting for a USB card reader to arrive in the post so that I can upload my final photos, I have close to 600 photos but unfortunanetly the Browse mode switch in my camera doesn't work so I need a card reader now!

EDIT: Most places I slept where lovely, some were a bit sirty but overall it was very gfood. In the desert I camped but still there was no problem.
My only extreme accomodation was in a little village outside Delhi where there was no electricity and no running water so I slept with a family of farmers, the bed was simply a wooden frame with ropes instead of a matress and I also spent 36 hours in India Rail's general class..... that will remain carved in my brain for ever, watch the video and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Indians are so conservative that only in Mumbai I saw women with trousers and men with shorts, in the rest of the places women wore different versions of the sari and men trousers and a buttoned shirt.... So in terms of sex, only with fellow travellers..... I met the woman of my dreams there and lost her because of a police intervention, I hated the cops ideologically before and now it has become personal.

Edited by trunksan (01/05/07 01:21 AM)

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
    #6426888 - 01/05/07 01:15 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

KUMAR?!

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Just came back from India [Re: Maverick]
    #6427068 - 01/05/07 04:31 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

That is really sweet!

How did you deal with the language barrier, i think i read somewhere that they spoke english? Did you receive vaccinacations beforehand? The water/food didnt upset you?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: Just came back from India [Re: PDU]
    #6427071 - 01/05/07 04:37 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

my girlfriend is on about going backpacking in india in september don't know the details, but if I didn't have college I would definately go :blush:

Got any other pictures?

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Re: Just came back from India [Re: Cepheus]
    #6427089 - 01/05/07 05:11 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

sometimes I wonder if you read the posts!!!

I've answered all the questions alredy.

I got all the suggested vaccinations xcept for typhoid because it was too much trouble to order.

I only got a small cold in the desert because of all the sand I was inhaling. Other then that nothing.

I landed in the UK after india and i caught both the flu and a stomach bug in 2 days

Edited by trunksan (01/05/07 05:18 AM)

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #6427100 - 01/05/07 05:16 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I read your first post, after that a thread is usually full of useless bullshit :grin:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #6427101 - 01/05/07 05:17 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Make sure to post some more pictures when you have that card reader!

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Just came back from India [Re: Annom]
    #6427104 - 01/05/07 05:18 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

What was your main mode of transport?

Or,

How did you get around?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Edited by PDU (01/05/07 05:19 AM)

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Re: Just came back from India [Re: Annom]
    #6427107 - 01/05/07 05:24 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Probably monday then.

I met a lot of Europeans and of course Aussies and Israelis (the 2 most avid travelling nationg IMHO) but hardly any Americans, only those Pseudo hippies/intelectuals/buddhists up in McLeod Ganj (exile of Dalai Lama) sent as part of that dodgy Peace corp progrsm!

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#6427111 - 01/05/07 05:28 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trunksan said:
only those Pseudo hippies/intelectuals/buddhists up in McLeod Ganj (exile of Dalai Lama) sent as part of that dodgy Peace corp progrsm!

could you elaborate on that?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

#6427118 - 01/05/07 05:37 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PDU said:
What was your main mode of transport?

Or,

How did you get around?

In towns I walked everywhere or took a Rickshaw (AKA took took in thailand). Long distances the train system is superb and cheap, and sometimes buses which are definetly not as nice nor cheap. Its a good thing they have tourist quotas because otherwise you can only get tickets by bribing the officials.
www.indiarail.gov.in has a live connection to their ticketing system and you can check ticket availaability in secs.

Don't be surpised with the interet thing. Bangalore (city in Karnataka) is the second largest software design hub in the world after silicon valley. Indians are considered the best programmers in the world. It has something to do with their languages that makes writting computer code very easy to them!!

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#6427195 - 01/05/07 07:20 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trunksan said:
Its a good thing they have tourist quotas because otherwise you can only get tickets by bribing the officials.

Please explain more about this "tourist quota" and bribing.

hope im not asking too many questions.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

#6428213 - 01/05/07 02:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Please explain more about this "tourist quota" and bribing.

hope im not asking too many questions.

Because of the convenience and cheapness of train berths/seats, tickets get reserved weeks in advance, especially for the cheapest (sleeper class) tickets (you get to share a little room with 5 other people), the more luxiurious classes usually have available tickets but I hate the AC, I only travelled once in AC and I had a bad neck and the air is just stiff.
Otherwise one has to take more expensive means of transport, like bus or plane.

Tourist quota: Every train, dependind on its size, has a few tickets for tourists that can be booked even a day in advance. It happened to me on several occasions that the train had a waiting list of more than 100, yet there were still 2 tickets availble for foreign tourists. Sometimes on the counter the employee might tell you that there are no tourist tickets even if there are and that's why you must look online first before you check for tickets.

As for bribing, money can get you out of most reasonably difficult situations in India (even drug possesion in small quantities), so if there are no seats even for tourists you can try giving a little gift (as little as $10) to the station master or ticketing employees and they'll probably get you a seat in the Air conditioned classes.

Quote:

trunksan said:
only those Pseudo hippies/intelectuals/buddhists up in McLeod Ganj (exile of Dalai Lama) sent as part of that dodgy Peace corp progrsm!

could you elaborate on that?

The tibetan governemt and most of Tibet's spiritual leaders are in exile all over the world. Their center outside Tibet is Mcleod Ganj/Dhamarsshala in the Himachal Pradesh region up in the Himalaias. The Dalai Lams has his residence there and the Tibetan parliament it's hopefully-temporary seat.

Peace corp is a program of the American State Department that appoints young students or graduates in troubled regions of the world where there are humanitarian issues, so that they help the locals with their knowledge.

It all sounds very nice and compasionate but it's nothing more than a marketing propaganda from the US government in order to improve the tainted image of the country in the rest of the world and redeem themselves for the crimes that have and still are commiting.
The program is just a big shumble, the students get appointed in tottaly useless projects or they don't have the necessary skills so they end up spending 6-12 months smoking hash or just travelling for free.

In fact, in the book "Little Stupid white men" it's mentioned that this was one of the propositiofns of the marketing gurus whose reccomendations the White House asked. Kinda shows you the competence of US officialws in forming a foreign affairs stategy.

As for the participants in the program, most them were either Hardcore christians who wanted to save the world and spread the bible, wannabe Buddhists or just hippies who wanted to have a free trip in India.

We always made fun of them because they always gathered in large groups, separate from the other nationalities, the volume of their voice was at least 50db higher then the rest and they talked about the most idiotic topics like reality tv and celebrities.
Whenever they tried to have a serious conversation on issues like spirituality or war/peace it was time for some free comedic entertainment... we just kept quiet and waited for the bombs!!!

P.s by WE I refer to the friends I made in McLeod, Europeans,Indians, Tibetan and Israelis.

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

#6444899 - 01/10/07 11:21 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

JUST AS I PROMISED:

Top secret photos - http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q188/trunksans/ PASSWORD: kouna_mouta
Videos - http://www.dailymotion.com/trunksan/1

Edited by trunksan (10/20/07 03:03 AM)

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6444984 - 01/10/07 11:39 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup: That's sweet dude, I've wanted to go to India for years now.

Quote:

more pics!

I second that.

--------------------

Offlinetrunksan
PsyChicken
Male

Re: Just came back from India [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6445504 - 01/10/07 02:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

These are all my photos guys, there are more then 500! sorry!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order