Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBacardi420
Stranger
Hippys: Do they just want people walking through your house?
    #6404735 - 12/28/06 11:51 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

You know that song "Imagine" by John Lennon?

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

Am I the only one who thinks that would suck? You would like wake up and have some dude sitting there eating your food and watching your TV.

I don't even like hanging out with my friends sometime, so i sure as hell dont want random people using my stuff all day.

What do you tjhink?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Hippys: Do they just want people walking through your house? [Re: Bacardi420]
    #6404738 - 12/28/06 11:52 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I'm with you there man. I think people need to learn to coexist and allow each other their space, not share every fucking thing. I like MY things, I like that they are MINE, and if you want to use them or play with them go ahead and ask me, but remember that they are MINE, and you have YOUR stuff, and that's cool man.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: Hippys: Do they just want people walking through your house? [Re: Bacardi420]
    #6404739 - 12/28/06 11:53 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

There is no need for greed or hunger though.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #6404740 - 12/28/06 11:53 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I think people are too attached to material things in general, me being as guilty as anyone

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #6404747 - 12/28/06 11:55 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

No possessions? So, I could just take a hippies things and that'd be fine?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Hippys: Do they just want people walking through your house? [Re: Cowgold]
    #6404761 - 12/28/06 12:00 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I don't see why not. Everyone else does it.
Though take my computer and I'll break your face

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Hippys: Do they just want people walking through your house? [Re: Shroomism]
    #6404763 - 12/28/06 12:00 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

haha

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
    #6404781 - 12/28/06 12:06 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I like APC's version.

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #6404786 - 12/28/06 12:09 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

You have to really think about what John is trying to say. Technology is destroying humanity. Why do people want to be rich? To buy more shit they don't need. In todays world the more shit, the more successful. We are de-evolving as technology becomes more and more advanced. Think about it. You always hear stories of how nice people were to each other a hundreds years ago and how we are now. There is no more chivalry or even common goodness left in people. Why go to see an old friend if I can just email or call him? "lemme take a picture so I don't have to see you as much" This is the world today. Soon computers with pictures of our faces on them will be taking care of our kids. Possessions, as they evolve and improve, will always pull people apart.

--------------------
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Hippys: Do they just want people walking through your house? [Re: mikebart101]
    #6404793 - 12/28/06 12:11 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

john lennon is the man and i would love to live in a world with no possessions where everything is truly one.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Male

Re: Hippys: Do they just want people walking through your house? [Re: mushiemountain]
    #6404795 - 12/28/06 12:12 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushiemountain said:
john lennon is the man and i would love to live in a world with no possessions where everything is truly one.

Then die. Really, I mean...in a world where everything is One, there is no You. Don't you enjoy You? Don't you enjoy inhaling an exhaling, and knowing its Your lungs doing the work? Instead of all of us dreaming about being bathed int he same white light, how about we all celebrate our apartness?

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Loc: NewYork
    #6404799 - 12/28/06 12:13 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I love that song, I think its more about money and material thing. Even Indians have there own private space in there little huts, but they do not really consider the land theres and have little need for material things. I think your taking it to an extreme. If the world was like the song it would be how the bible describes paradise. I think that is what he was going for.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Hippys: Do they just want people walking through your house? [Re: mikebart101]
    #6404802 - 12/28/06 12:15 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

We are de-evolving as technology becomes more and more advanced.

I completely disagree with this.  There's more human potential than ever before.

Quote:

You always hear stories of how nice people were to each other a hundreds years ago and how we are now.

Hmmmm...ever heard of war?  War is not a new invention.  :tongue2:

Quote:

Possessions, as they evolve and improve, will always pull people apart.

Hmmm....I feel more "connected" than I ever have in my life.  I talk to people from all around the world instantly, for a flat fee of $50 a month.  Imagaine 200years ago when you wrote a letter and 6 MONTHS later you got a reply.

This is the most exciting time to be alive.  I wouldn't want to exist in any other age.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinerazmablues
Biologist
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: OrangeCounty
Re: Hippys: Do they just want people walking through your house? [Re: euphoricpoison]
    #6404806 - 12/28/06 12:16 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

john lennon... was a dreamer....

lets keep it at that

:grin:

--------------------
soft silly music is meaningful, magical :heartpump:

Male

#6404826 - 12/28/06 12:21 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mikebart101 said:
You always hear stories of how nice people were to each other a hundreds years ago and how we are now.

Are you fucking kidding me? Back when everything was dirtier, and rawer, and people had more reason to be grumpy because the everyday minutia of life sucked so much?

--------------------

-Erik Davis

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Hippys: Do they just want people walking through your house? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6404833 - 12/28/06 12:24 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Right.  Technology has created a enormous degree of escapism.  It can be further argued, though, if it's a good thing or not.

Take away all the liberties and conveniences that modern technology and society provides and give me a call to update how you're doing...  :grin:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #6404840 - 12/28/06 12:25 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

there's a difference between personal and private property.

to sum it up shortly, personal property is a possession that is "yours" - ie, your toothbrush, your car, your computer.

private property is possession that is used as the means of production , requiring others' labour power, to generate capital.

very few people would argue against the sensibility of personal property (to a greater or lesser extent); but many economists see a lot of flaws in our current conception of private property

--------------------

Offlinea2ndopinion
a real smart ass
Female

#6404864 - 12/28/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Bacardi420 said:

I don't even like hanging out with my friends sometime, so i sure as hell dont want random people using my stuff all day.

What do you tjhink?

haha. i feel ya, man. i like having people over to hang out... but it does suck when they eat up your groceries (or suggest that you order food and then suddenly they don't have the money to pay for it so they'll 'hit you back later'= grrrrrrrrrrrrrr) or outstay their welcome.

--------------------
Boo, you whore.

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Hippys: Do they just want people walking through your house? [Re: Krishna]
    #6404865 - 12/28/06 12:37 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Of course warfare is not a new invention but look at how it has changed over the course of history. Back when people fought like gentlemen and now we fight like rats. Warfare is not as painful or as meaningful anymore because you can kill someone from hundreds of miles away without ever having to look them in the eye and really understand what you just did.

--------------------
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #6404869 - 12/28/06 12:41 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Dude, you need to go to Iraq and fight in some urban warfare. Then you tell me if war is not as painful or as meaningful. The situation in Iraq is not being fought between two forces hundreds of miles away from each other.

And I think the misnomer that war used to be fought by gentlemen in a gentlemanly manner is a pure load of shit.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order