Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStatini
Stranger
Terrarium Question
    #640411 - 05/22/02 12:45 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I just finished making my syringes and now I am thinking of what to do about my terrarium. Before I wanted to put anything in, I decided to check out how the temp will work out. Turns out that its absolutly frigid in my apartment (the thermostat is broken, getting it fixed soon hopefully) and since I live in Florida, I cant really turn it off since it will get pretty hot. I read on some tek to use a fish tank heater in some water and put jars in the water and then place the terrarium on top of that to warm it up a little (this was actually to warm up the jars during colonization). Well, I set it up and looked at it and placed my thermometers in. Here is a Diagram:

Right now it is:
75 F in my room
72 F in the Top Terrium (its closer to the ground then my room thermo)
76 F in the Air space above the water (The heater just went off, it got up to 77)

The first set up is how I originally planned to grow. But now I was thinking about using the second one. That way the evaporating water below will be used to humidify the happy little Casings. Now, I know that new casings have to be at about 95% humidity, and that the 2nd setup would be a pretty good setup to keep it pretty humid.

I apologize for my poor writting/spelling skills, but I am a product of public education so I just dont care enough to fix it. Anyway. The plan is to put some wire mesh around the heater so that none of the perilite gets too close to it. Now that I think about it, maybe placing a layer of perilite above the bottom mesh and then placing the cases on top of that might also be a good idea. I am just getting really confused in thinking this through in my head over and over.

Anothing this is that I read that a 10 part water, 1 part H2O2 solution spray keeps the pelite from getting too contaminated and if I should do that too when I need to spray.

So any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Thank You

Stoner Statini

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Terrarium Question [Re: Statini]
    #640413 - 05/22/02 12:48 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

How old are you?

OfflineStatini
Stranger
Re: Terrarium Question [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #640415 - 05/22/02 12:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'm 20, I just write really sloppy

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #640422 - 05/22/02 12:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Are you aware that you really don't need to grow, mushrooms grow practically year round in florida, plus there are laxer mushrooms laws in this state...

Invisiblepsilosinner
Sinner
Male

Loc: Follow the yellow brick r...
    #640428 - 05/22/02 12:58 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

kindegarten is my guess
j/k

--------------------
"I don't like people who take drugs... Customs men for example."
- Mick Miller -

OfflineStatini
Stranger
    #640444 - 05/22/02 01:06 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Ya I know, but it just seemed to be more fun to grow. There actually some fields not to far from where I live, its just that cops do patrol a lot and it seemed to be easier to grow them for me and my friends to use then to drive out anywhere. I've tried asking people that I know that got them where they did but they ended up buying off some people and they won't say even a rough esitimite of where they went other then "Up by so and so city". Plus the weather hasnt been to kind lately, the rain hasnt really been around without a lot of cold behind it, and they say that it might be dryer this year then others. And on a risk factor, people grow all sorts stuff in their apartments around here. I just wish I could meet someone that could take me out on a run, heck I have never even tripped before and growing my own was the only real "sure" way of doing it.

Invisibledemoknite
Stranger
Loc: in front of my computer
    #649752 - 05/28/02 03:48 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

What part of Florida do you live in? There was a guide on the internet that had all the good fields posted on it and the farmers got pissed since soo many people were coming out and about. And I guess not all were polite to the land. It hasnt rained here and the humidity has been low. Im trying to grow for the first time.

OfflineProfesser_Puke

Loc: Florida
Re: Terrarium Question [Re: demoknite]
    #655619 - 05/31/02 12:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I also live in florida, and am new to growing. But being that i will not be down here in about 4 months. I've decided to learn and start now so when i move back to NY. I have tried different tek's and see what works but for me. But i am also intrested in field's around these parts. I dont know if i can trust myself, buy picking a mushie off the group and eating and hopeing not to die. But demo if you have any more info on that guide i would surely like to check it out.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation