Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaxis_tech
Rollin' Stoned

Casing and Rye Grain Problems
    #6399756 - 12/23/06 04:49 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I'm trying out the guide "from syringe to print using rye" by Magash and am having a few problems. #1 problem is I can't for the life of me find anyone in the 4 state area that sells whole grain rye. The Co-op's are all closed for the holidays so I have to wait to find out if they can deal me some. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

My other problem is that I can't find any coco coir for the casing layer. I was wondering if anyone had a good idea of what would be easier to find that works just as well.

A sort of side question, what would be the easiest way to find some tyvek for filters.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
Re: Casing and Rye Grain Problems [Re: axis_tech]
    #6399887 - 12/23/06 05:38 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I've used Myco Supply for the past 4 years for everything I can't pick up close to home. Good service and good people.

Offlineaxis_tech
Rollin' Stoned

Re: Casing and Rye Grain Problems [Re: atomic1]
    #6399920 - 12/23/06 05:47 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

thanks a mill man, i never even payed any attention to the site

--------------------
takes a token' and keeps on smoken'

Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
Re: Casing and Rye Grain Problems [Re: axis_tech]
    #6400272 - 12/23/06 07:56 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

rye berries hit up your local hippy grocery store, like earth fare or world market. as for the coir in the casing layer, that is actually an outdated portion of that tek. people say now that a 50/50+ casing tek (verm/peat/ph buffer) is the way to go, or if you ask creamcorn miracle grow moisture control potting soil. tyvek can be bought as envelopes at office supply stores, or you can order them from the us govt for free, but they do say on them, do not use for any other purpose other than mail. i had some but i figured why let them slap another bullshit charge on me god forbid i get caught

--------------------
----------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Casing and Rye Grain Problems [Re: odium33]
    #6400382 - 12/23/06 08:26 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

You can get high quality tyvek at your local home mega mart. Look in the paint section for tyvek coveralls. They can be cut up to make a hundred or more jar filters for five bucks.

Rye berries can be obtained from any health food store. If you just get a small amount, they'll whack you by the pound, usually around 79 cents or so. If you'll have them order a 25 pound bag, the price drops by half or more.

Peat is the old standard casing mix. Potting soil also works, but often has wood debris in it that is prone to trichoderma contamination. Coir is better used as a substrate unless you mix it 60/40 coir-verm, but is still prone to overlay. It will work in a bind though, but peat moss stays largely uncolonized, which allows it to do its job of serving as a moisture reservoir for the developing fruits.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflinePrimate
former addict
 User Gallery

Re: Casing and Rye Grain Problems [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6400937 - 12/24/06 12:09 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
You can get high quality tyvek at your local home mega mart.  Look in the paint section for tyvek coveralls.  They can be cut up to make a hundred or more jar filters for five bucks.

Rye berries can be obtained from any health food store.  If you just get a small amount, they'll whack you by the pound, usually around 79 cents or so.  If you'll have them order a 25 pound bag, the price drops by half or more.

Peat is the old standard casing mix. Potting soil also works, but often has wood debris in it that is prone to trichoderma contamination. Coir is better used as a substrate unless you mix it 60/40 coir-verm, but is still prone to overlay.  It will work in a bind though, but peat moss stays largely uncolonized, which allows it to do its job of serving as a moisture reservoir for the developing fruits.
RR

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Also if the health food store doesn't have rye berries, usually they will order them for you if you ask. 

-Prim

--------------------
"Power to the peaceful"

-Micheal Franti and Spearhead

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds