Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejdirty
Is this real?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: S.W. Louisiana
Multiple ID Request - Good close-up pics
    #6398195 - 12/22/06 09:35 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, I've decided that the cube I found today is acceptable for consumption and I'm drying it right now with a small fan that has a heater built-in.

These are the other shrooms I found today. We rotate our cow between two very small pastures, both consisting of about an acre put together. I found many non-active P. Sphinctrinus, as identified in an earlier ID request. But as I walked, I came upon a very colorful variety of mushrooms this afternoon. I got some pretty good pics of most of them. I tried to photograph the cap, and gill structure of each specimen. Pay attention to location of finds, there's an odd one.

I was surprised by this specimen, I could literally smell it before I even bent down to photograph it. Super-strong mushroom smell that was detectable by at least 5 feet, with slight detection 8 feet away, no kidding. It may appear white in the photo, but it was definetely a bright yellow. The veil is also yellow, which IMO means a spore print would be yellow also. It was not even growing inside the pastures. It was off into the woods at least 30 feet from the fence. The area was completely blanketed in pine needles, a few other various leaves from other trees and bushes. No animal shit, just growin' out the ground.

We recieved a deer that needed to be processed, and was left with the task of cutting and cleaning it. Well, there's this one spot where I dump some of the leftover deer body parts, these nasty looking shrooms were growing out of an area littered with deer bones. Some of the shrooms were growing between layers of bones. I am showing this specimen because of its size, but the other shrooms of this same type that were younger has a VERY THICK layer of slime on top of them. I say slime because I touched it, and it stuck to my finger like syrup. Very interesting mushroom indeed. I'm very new to this, but I suspect these to be NOT good for consumption. The slime was comparable to steamed okra. If you've ever eaten steamed okra, you know the slime I'm talking about.

These shrooms are pretty neat. They seem to almost be a flourescent red. The one specimen had varied coloring on the cap, but the other was a real bright, bold red. These mushrooms were found in the pasture, but not growing directly on a pile of dung.

And I thought this one looked real interesting. It was growing from some old dung.

--------------------

I HATE people who take drugs.
Like cops, DEA agents and custom officials

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejdirty
Is this real?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: S.W. Louisiana
Re: Multiple ID Request - Good close-up pics [Re: jdirty]
    #6398223 - 12/22/06 09:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Here's another picture of the shrooms growing out of the deer bones, you can really see the slimy-ness in this pic, its a little blurry though.

--------------------

I HATE people who take drugs.
Like cops, DEA agents and custom officials

OfflineScrewdUpTexas
Fuckin Alaska,eh?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Alaska and Texas
    #6398300 - 12/22/06 10:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hey man those are some great pics and some very interesting mushrooms. as for ID..somebody that knows more about inactives than me will have to help ya out, sorry! Badass pics though

--------------------
"The Mind and Body must be Subjected to Extreme Stimulus by means of Drugs and Music." -Hunter S. Thompson

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #6398911 - 12/23/06 09:17 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Your first mushroom is an Amanita, I'm not sure which species. There are lots of white Amanitas and some of them are deadly. They always make beautiful subjects for photographs.

Without a spore print one can only guess at #2, but the deer bone substrate and slimy cap makes me think it is one of the "Corpse finders": Hebeloma syriense, Hebeloma radicosum, or something closely related. They are suspected to be poisonous.

Your red mushrooms are a common species of russula. There are many red Russulas and lots of them are poisonous.

Spore print will also be required to ID your last mushrooms, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say they are faded specimens of Clitocybe nuda, the Blewit. That's just a guess so don't go eating them.

Blewits are purplish-blue when young but fade to a light tan color when they are old. See comparison here.

InvisibleTheDemon
has typed IDDQD,Godlike!

Re: Multiple ID Request - Good close-up pics [Re: shroomydan]
    #6399354 - 12/23/06 01:30 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

that first picture, the fruit body is gleeeeaming with amatoxin.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate