Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Loc: NewYork
Average size of the Texas strain?
    #6396860 - 12/22/06 12:30 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Whats the average size of the Texas strain and how is its potency?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Re: Average size of the Texas strain? [Re: euphoricpoison]
    #6396958 - 12/22/06 12:57 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Wheres BlunJagger when you need him??

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6396971 - 12/22/06 01:01 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Look in my  gallery,nearly all of those fruits are Texas,and potency rules,I usually eat4-6 grams and than go back and hr or two later for another 2 grams of so,Sometimes really visual and sometimes not so much but always a fun and giggly old time where you feel happy and like everything in the world it good,barley any mind fuck or anxiety.Just eat them chill out and let your girl crawl all over you like a horny little animal for a few hrs,I promise you will have a good time :hehehe:  :hehehe:

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Re: Average size of the Texas strain? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6397050 - 12/22/06 01:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hahahaa, thanx so much blutjagger. Yeah so Texas will be my next grow! They sound great.
Thanx again<3

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

#6397061 - 12/22/06 01:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

one hint if thats u in the pic euphoric you might wanna change it..

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

Offlinetwistedninja
Stranger under the bed
Male

Loc: TX
    #6397142 - 12/22/06 02:19 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I just laid a TX cap down for print it weighed 78 grams. I have a few more that are big but the veil hasn't broken yet. I did a test on potency I at 2 caps small around 1gram in weight and I felt a body load. I spawned WBS to Hpoo/straw. I can't wait for the print to turn out. I wish I would have taken a pic. but I was in such a hurry it slipped my mind.

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Re: Average size of the Texas strain? [Re: twistedninja]
    #6397169 - 12/22/06 02:42 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thats sick, I cant wait to start mine! How tall do they get about? Like in inches?

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6397217 - 12/22/06 03:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

how tall they get depends on you, not the strain.  (strain plays a small role, but emphasis on small.)

if you want big mushrooms, use a lot of substrate, good moisture delivery, and good environmental parameters.

its also dependent on your pinset.  you'll actually get bigger fruits from a poor pinset.  (though good pinset with smaller fruits = better yields in the long run.)  that's why they seem to get bigger in later flushes, because there's fewer growing simultaneously.  i suppose if you really must have big fruits, you can purposely try to botch your pinset... wouldn't suggest it, better use of your time learning how to get prolific pinsets than sparse ones :smile:

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Re: Average size of the Texas strain? [Re: creamcorn]
    #6397247 - 12/22/06 03:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you creamcorn. Yeah I just read somewhere that the fruit body is smaller then many other cubes, so I was wondering about how big the average shroom would be on a casing of horse poo? Thanx again

Offlinetwistedninja
Stranger under the bed
Male

#6397253 - 12/22/06 03:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yep...I didn't get the pinset I wanted I am sure due to temps. This is the trial run of my monotub at 65F. I didn't baby this one like I should have I didn't even expect it to work as good as it did thus far. After this flush I am going to get it back to around 75F and see how the second flush turns out.

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #6397278 - 12/22/06 03:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

a lot of things you read about this strain or that, stems from people's experience, and they fail to mention their growing methods... so consider strain descriptions unreliable for the most part. :smile:

on a casing of horse poo... doesn't say much.  you could have 1" of horse poo, you could have 4" of horse poo.  deeper = bigger fruits.

i personally grow small scale and aim for efficiency, use 2" substrates, and with densely packed pinsets have fruits that range 4-5" (strain doesn't make a difference IME.)  later flushes when the pinsets aren't as dense produces more like 5-8", sometimes 3rd or 4th flushes when there's only one or two guys popping out at the end, get as tall as 10"... not bad for 2" of substrate.  try a nice big sweater box/cat litter box/etc with a couple pounds of poo at 4" deep, and you'll be rewarded with nice sized fruits.

here's an example, 2" wbs & coir (poo would perform very similar):

that's what im talking about when i say dense pinsets, and 4-5" fruits offa 2" substrate... fewer pins would have meant larger fruits on the average - your mycelial network can only muster so much energy per flush, so it gets divided depending on the number of fruits. less fruits, each fruit gets more (bigger), more fruits, each fruit gets less (smaller).  your mileage will vary :wink:

i would personally consider large fruits a novelty.  i prefer the nice uniform "canopy" of mushrooms that produce similar sized uniform fruits as the end result, is good yield.  whatever floats your boat though :thumbup:

Offlinetwistedninja
Stranger under the bed
Male

#6397321 - 12/22/06 03:45 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yea I need to start trying to get a pinset like that. I have not achieved that yet. I think it is mainly due to my enviorment I haven't gotten the monotub right yet but this is only my 3rd one. I have 4 more colonizing right now so in a few weeks I will devote some quality time to make sure I get it right.

Creamcorn what do you use as a F/C? And what parameters do you use to induce fruiting to get a pinset like that? I can grow mushies but I want to learn the art of a good pinset.

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Average size of the Texas strain? [Re: twistedninja]
    #6397393 - 12/22/06 04:12 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i've used monotubs, poor mans pod style (that tray was in a pmp style), and small greenhouses... doesn't really matter.  any FC will perform if you get your conditions right.

i fruit at 68-70F.  95-100 RH (i know they say casings do better with less, i don't listen. :smile:)  as much FAE as i can bring - my PMP has an air pump, but i "manually" mist and fan it out 3-4 times a day.

the tricks to good pinsets, in chronological order - it starts all the way back at the point where it comes time to spawn.  timing of the steps is also critical... something you'll get the hang of with experience and unfortunately is difficult to describe!

-mix spawn & bulk evenly.  lay it out consistently, evenly, and flat in your container.

-do not case too soon or too late.  when your bulk is 100% and starting to form thread-like rhizo growth, its time to case.  case too late, end up with not enough colonization into your casing layer.  case too early, end up with too much colonization in the casing layer.  you want to balance it.

the ultimate goal, is to see white penetrating evenly everywhere right before its time for pins to appear (so yeah, a timing thing):

image on the left: a tray right before knots & pins show up, this is where you want it at that stage.  on the right, you can see plenty of pins coming through with it looking like that.

-casing layer absolutely must be of an even consistency, and again flat and level.

-incubate again until mycelium pokes through the nooks and crannies.  this comes straight out of hyphae's pinning strategy.  when i say "incubate" here, room temp is fine, we're really looking for NO air exchange yet, just gas exchange, we want the mycelium to continue veg growth and NOT shift into fruiting just yet.  we'll tell it to shift to fruiting when its coming through the casing layer.  (so a small tweak is in order for a monotub, might need to cover the surface with something to allow CO2 to build up to some extent, kind of the same conditions as your spawn growing in a jar.)  this is important to really get the hang of the timing here.  it will continue to grow into the casing layer for the first 3-5 days in fruiting conditions.  so when i start seeing small bits of mycelium poking through, into the FC it goes.  within those couple of days it starts to look like the picture on the left above.  unfortunately i dont have a shot of what a good casing looks like when its "ready" for fruiting, i'll have to photograph that sometime soon... thats a little gap here, sorry.  basically when i see white showing through in as little as 5% of the whole surface, into the FC it goes.

-once in fruiting, you want to bombard the suckers with fresh air.  its so critical at the beginning of fruiting (less critical but still important when fruits are developing.)  light isn't a concern, ive cut down to 4 hours a day and still get results like that.

-mist as needed to keep the casing near saturation.  that holds pockets of humidity at the surface, the "microclimate" we're after... that encourages pins and is very important.  back off on misting when you see knots so as not to abort them, but resume up again when they're about 1/4" tall pins - a good pinset will be VERY thirsty!

-last but not least a proper casing material!  use the wrong kind of lime (dolomitic = bad), use too much lime (so that the pH is too high) etc will inhibit that nice even penetration of mycelium through the casing layer.  i use miracle gro moisture control with a small amount of lime.  there's something special in that bag, i get good results from it without as much effort compared to the de facto 50/50.  if you want info on MGMC check here http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6320725

other than that, practice makes perfect.  pay close attention to your projects at every stage.  make observations where pins show up and where they don't, and apply some critical thinking... ask yourself why, try and figure it out, and try and correct it later.  you'll be pinning like that in no time. :smile:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #6397408 - 12/22/06 04:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

euphoricpoison said:

Whats the average size of the Texas strain and how is its potency?

It's huge!~

don't you know that everything is bigger and better in Texas!~

:smirk:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Re: Average size of the Texas strain? [Re: Roadkill]
    #6397539 - 12/22/06 05:20 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thanx creamcorn, yeah my first casings had decent pinning for my first time, but if I can get a pin set like that I would be proud. Thanx for the info on the size. This time I will put a lot more time into it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag