Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
Breathing Highs *DELETED*
    #6387216 - 12/19/06 04:11 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Epigallo

Reason for deletion: Sorry.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: Breathing Highs [Re: Epigallo]
    #6387263 - 12/19/06 04:27 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

it's fun to discover

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Breathing Highs [Re: Cherk]
    #6387277 - 12/19/06 04:32 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I read a trip report jus the otherday where a guy had studied under grof. I'll try and dig it back up and post it here.

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
    #6387334 - 12/19/06 04:55 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I've done some breathwork both in combination with psychedelics and as standalone.

Instructions for breathwork are really very simple; you lie down on something soft, put eyeshades on and start to breathe as fast and as deep as you can. It will take a while before the breathing becomes autonomous and continues to carry you on by itself – until it does, it’s important to force yourself to breath. It’s also important to have a loud and expressive music in the background in order to modulate the experience successfully. The session usually last a couple of hours and it is wise to have a bucket, some towels and a sitter present, because the experience can get deep and intense.

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Breathing Highs [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #6387550 - 12/19/06 06:14 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

redtailedhawk said:
I've done some breathwork both in combination with psychedelics and as standalone.

Instructions for breathwork are really very simple; you lie down on something soft, put eyeshades on and start to breathe as fast and as deep as you can. It will take a while before the breathing becomes autonomous and continues to carry you on by itself – until it does, it’s important to force yourself to breath. It’s also important to have a loud and expressive music in the background in order to modulate the experience successfully. The session usually last a couple of hours and it is wise to have a bucket, some towels and a sitter present, because the experience can get deep and intense.

Interesting. How would you compare the stand-alone breathwork experience to, say, a moderate dose of psilocybin or ayahuasca? Is there any overlap in terms of intensity, perceptual changes, etc?

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Breathing Highs [Re: Lion]
    #6388139 - 12/19/06 08:54 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

That doesn't sound healthy? Any good links for stuff like this?

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Breathing Highs [Re: Lion]
    #6388327 - 12/19/06 09:37 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

IME, it depends on many factors. Sometimes psilocybin will be way more intense, other times, breathwork (redtailedhawk describes it excellently) can propel you into the deepest of realms. The only notable difference is that the hallucinogens often induce open eyed visuals. I guess you could get that with breathwork too, but it seems far more rare.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlineck10n3
Imagine
Male

Loc: Here, now.
Re: Breathing Highs [Re: dblaney]
    #6388635 - 12/19/06 11:11 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Hrmm I attended a kundalini yoga class where they did some SERIOUS breathing. The teacher was going full force like what you were saying. I could not hardly put out any of the force and speed he could. I started getting extremely light headed and felt like I was going to pass out. What do you recommend for that?

--------------------
"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - The trip of a Life Time.

Indra's Net - There is an endless net of threads throughout the universe. The horizontal threads are in space. The vertical threads in time. At every crossing of threads there is an individual. And every individual is a crystal bead. The great light of absolute being illuminates and penetrates every crystal being, And every crystal being reflects not only the light from every other crystal in the net, But also every reflection of every reflection throughout the universe.

-cK

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
Re: Breathing Highs *DELETED* [Re: ck10n3]
    #6393803 - 12/21/06 11:56 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Epigallo

Reason for deletion: Sorry.

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Breathing Highs [Re: ck10n3]
    #6393819 - 12/21/06 12:04 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Not too sure at all. In holotropic breathwork you should be lying down, which should help prevent that sort of thing. If you were doing pranayama, were you sitting up?

Basically all you have to do is lie down, let go of everything, and hyperventilate (music is useful and even important). Maybe you were breathing TOO hard? Try easing up a little bit.

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#6393824 - 12/21/06 12:05 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yogic breathing, or pranayama, can induce changes in consciousness also. You might enjoy practicing that.

As for monitoring your breath, doing that could detract from the experience, as you wouldn't be able to fully let go and release into the experience.

--------------------

- John Mayer

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate