Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineapplebonkers

High Anxiety - Help!
    #638278 - 05/20/02 05:55 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everyone. I've tripped a dozen or so times, and something about 2 times ago really fucked with me and now I'm having a lot of anxiety every time I trip because the one the time before last was real scary. It really sucks because all I do my whole trip is see visuals and pretty much worry and think about what's happening around me at 1000000000000 thoughts/second. It sucks man - I mean I have no time to ponder anything important, no spiritual enlightenment, nothing... I need some drugs or something to counteract my anxiety. Is there anything I can use that is over the counter? If not, how would I get a limited number of said medicine from my doctor (what would I say I'm having trouble with). I really love to trip, but it's losing meaning and it makes me feel scared when i trip now, please help me find a way out of this rut...

Thanks,
apples

--------------------
-- Ah, look at all the lonely people... --

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: High Anxiety - Help! [Re: applebonkers]
    #638295 - 05/20/02 06:09 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Perhaps try meditation? Easier said than done, but I'm sure if you can get the hang of it, you'll feel more at ease on a trip. Maybe take a little break too.

Offlineapplebonkers

Re: High Anxiety - Help! [Re: Sheepish]
    #638323 - 05/20/02 06:23 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Ya - as far as the break is concerned, my last trip was about 5-6 months ago, so i think I'm ready to venture back into the unknown... I think I'm gonna wait til school is out because I'm under a lot of pressure--i think next time i trip i will have some valium on hand 'just in case'. I think just HAVING the medication would keep me happy enough that I wouldn't have to take it.

Thanks,
apples

--------------------

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#638331 - 05/20/02 06:30 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I go through the same thing, I've tripped a lot and 9 times out of 10 I will bad trip, so each progressive time I am more nervous than the last time just because I know what awaits me if it is a bad trip. I am going to start taking Xanax before each trip from now on and see if it helps at all...I have a constant daily anxiety in general, and I just started taking Xanax (non prescription) for the past 2 days to see how well it would work for my anxiety ... it completely cured it, I felt perfect (and still do right now). I think I may be getting a prescription for it or some other anti-anxiety med soon so when I do I'll try it with the trip and tell you how it goes.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: High Anxiety - Help! [Re: HB]
    #638512 - 05/20/02 11:54 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Ignorance is bliss. Try going into the trip with nothing but good expectations, and not a single thought about what could happen if it turned bad. As for Applebonkers, perhaps the pressure and stress could be a cause for the anxiety? Stress really does cut into a trip sometimes. Hope you and Applebonkers sort out the anxiety somehow.

InvisibleWe_come_in_peace
old hand

Loc: Alpha Centauri
Re: High Anxiety - Help! [Re: Sheepish]
    #638516 - 05/20/02 11:59 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I started a trip like that and when I recognized it was taking over and ruining my trip I sat down and repeated this over and over in my mind "This is gonna be the best fuckin trip ever" after about 3 minutes of repeating this all was fine and I did have the best fuckin trip ever. Also try a few beers to calm the nerves, not too many though.

Offlineapplebonkers

Re: High Anxiety - Help! [Re: We_come_in_peace]
    #638563 - 05/21/02 01:26 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks ya'all! Where do I get NON-prescription xanas? I didn't know of such a thing...

Thanks,
Apples

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #638881 - 05/21/02 07:27 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

well... benzodiazapenes are all prescription drugs in the usa... some people just get 'em off of friends or even parents who have some left lying around... and some folks have found overseas vendors who sell to usa customers (risky, but not impossible...)
and there are people who actually sell prescription drugs illegally... if you have that kind of connection...
~
then there are calming herbs of various sorts (from chamomile & valerian to kava & passionflower); & calming OTC chemicals/vitamins/amino acids, etc... (from niacinamide & tryptophan to magnesium to melatonin & 5htp; also stuff like diphenhydramine in low doses...)
a knowledgable healthfood store owner could make suggestions, i suppose...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #638943 - 05/21/02 08:17 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

You have taught yourself that tripping is bad which is where the anxiety comes from. The same thing happens to some people if they get way too drunk, say on tequila. The next time they see tequila they might puke on the spot as their body/mind remembers how bad it was the last time.

To fix this problem, you must relearn how to trip. Start out and take an extremly low dose and do something that you really enjoy. Something like listening to your favorite CDs while "tripping" on a threshold 1/2g or so of dry fruit. Do not try to bump the trip taking more later or anything else. Just stick with the low dose and enjoy what little you get. The next time, say a week later, do the same thing, but with just a hair more fruit... maybe 0.8g instead of 0.5. If there are cetrain things that trigger your anxiety during a trip, try to do some of those things on these really low doses. Don't push yourself... don't do anything you don't enjoy. On your third time out, increase the dosage again, maybe up to 1g this time.

Once you have had several anxiety free very low dose trips under your belt, you can start to increase the dosages to get up to a level 2 or level 3. Again, do things that you enjoy and go slow. If any trip goes bad on you, the next time start over with a very low dosage again.

Eventually you will learn to enjoy the effects again. Go slow and don't let anybody push you into doing more than you are ready for.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineTwistedRedneck
enthusiast
Re: High Anxiety - Help! [Re: Seuss]
    #639048 - 05/21/02 09:41 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

that makes a hell of alot of sense

good call

Offlineapplebonkers

#639100 - 05/21/02 10:25 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

THANKS! Awesome post man! That makes a lot of sense, and I have a lot of fresh fruit to play with - so I should be back to normal soon. That makes perfect sense tho man, thanks!

-apples-

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: High Anxiety - Help! [Re: gnrm23]
    #639103 - 05/21/02 10:29 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

benzo's are good... check out the BenzoTrip post.. if you can get ahold of 'em.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: High Anxiety - Help! [Re: geokills]
    #640201 - 05/22/02 07:57 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

It isn't so easy for me to just say to myself "this will be a great trip, I won't freak"because I've had bad experiences on all doses ranging from half an eighth to a 1/4, some of which I am still recovering from. I've tried telling myself it's going to be an epic trip, but any negative lingering in the back of my head, conscious or subconscious, will destroy and positive thoughts I have for the trip.

I attribute my bad trips MOSTLY to my constant daily anxiety, but aside from that, past memories of how far you can go into the most hellish insanity (the time I took the 1/4). I know one day I will get over it, but until then I am going to try taking xanax before/during the trip.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #640230 - 05/22/02 08:18 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Be careful with Xanax (Alprazolam) as it is very addictive, you build up a tolerance, and it is a bitch to get off once you are hooked. Mixing Xanax with alcohol is a good way to lose a few days to the fog of drugs. Also, be sure of your friends before taking Xanax... it will turn you into a careless soul (i.e. nothing matters... sex without protection, giving away money, walking down the street nude, everything is good and nothing matters) making you an easy target for people that take advantage of the less fortunate.

--------------------

Anonymous

#640732 - 05/22/02 04:14 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Meditation is ten times better than any medication for anxiety as far as results, side effects, and health is concerned.

This link may help you learn about some meditation

If you need more info, feel free to PM me.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: High Anxiety - Help! [Re: ]
    #640863 - 05/22/02 06:12 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i took a 5 gram or so trip once and it really scared me for a while. Till my sister came back and i got to talk to her then i felt confortable. Every trip after that has been very smooth no anxiety and pure bliss .

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#642382 - 05/23/02 07:11 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

well I don't take Xanax in recreational doses, often I take less than the initial starting dose that the psychopharmacologist starts you on (0.25 mg). It affects me heavily but the reason I wouldn't ever find it addicting is because I don't really like downers ... I got extremely addicted to speed because I like being up and about and doing everything, not just sitting down and not caring about anything...my family has a history of alcoholism but because of not being able to run around and do stuff on alcohol I tend to get bored mostly.

Just to be safe, however, I am not going to even think of taking Xanax recreationally. If I do get a prescription, I would take it as directed and possibly up the dose a little for before a trip ... but getting off speed was one of the worst and scariest things for me, so no longer will I pop pills for pleasure. If I do it only before each trip I don't think that is too dangerous. But as I always do I am going to monitor how I am day to day and whether it is negatively affecting me.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #642675 - 05/24/02 03:15 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I had a buddy in college that was having anxiety problems and went to the school infirmiry. The low-bid doctor they had there gave the guy a non-ending prescription for Xanax (this was in the late 80's to early 90's), so a while back. My friend had no idea they were adicitive... surely the doc would have told him and not given him an everlasting refill. He turned into a junkie and didn't even realize what was happening. One day he looked in the mirror and realized he looked a lot like a modern day tweaker and freaked out. He stopped taking the pills and went cold turkey... which almost killed him. I was the one that helped him through the withdrawl... enough to cure any desire at all I might have ever had to take Xanax. Do what you will, but please be careful.

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #642759 - 05/24/02 05:09 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

withdrawal from benzos may be more dangerous than withdrawal from booze... cold turkey is a good way to get convulsions & death & stuff like that there...
slowly decreasing daily dosages over several weeks is much safer...
but it does take some effort to get addicted... several to many pills per days for several weeks to several months should be enough to get hooked... and just a bit of trank every now and then should be infrequently enough to avoid the hook...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Anonymous

Re: High Anxiety - Help! [Re: gnrm23]
    #642776 - 05/24/02 05:25 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Which is why one should avoid them altogether. Unless is it absolutely needed.. but I don't see why it would be. My friend's mother died last year from quitting xanax cold turkey... she was taking 5-7 pills a day, for about two years... and the doctor kept pumping out the 'scripts.. of course when she started having some serious problems she decided to quit... a couple days later my friend came home and found his mom laying on the floor..

Meditation would be the safest and most effective way to rid oneself of anxiety, IMHO.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates