Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Loc: Toronto, ON
Never-ending Paranoia Pot Trip.
    #6388167 - 12/19/06 09:01 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I smoked a huge amount of pot this afternoon, around 1:50-something, thinking after an hour it would be over, before I would start communicating with the outside world much.

I had an appointment at 3:15pm and I wanted to be fully sober when the time came. Last night I smoked a bowl around 2am. The reason I continued to smoke the weed was because my tolerance turned out to be quite low and I needed to finish off this dimebag before it went stale. Even after today I still have almost half a bagfull.

Anyway, back to this afternoon. I smoked the two bowls (didn't finish the second one completely), and got into the shower. That's when the panic hit me first. I often get lost in thinking while high, which is annoying because I often get confused in the process, because my memory stream gets messed up. I forget the last thing I thought about so it turns into a gap of time where nothing seems to have happened. I felt light, but at the same time I still understood I was high. While I was in the small tub I went into this thinking cycle quite deeply, and when I came back to where I was I became shocked. I looked around frantically, not knowing which side of the tub I was standing in, or what I was doing. Disorientation struck. Kind of like finding yourself awake in a completely different position after a night's sleep. I began blowing my nose for some reason, and one nostril began to bleed. The blood sprayed a little bit on the walls, which really freaked me out.

I cleaned the tub and dried myself off. When I came back into my room I looked at the clock - 2:20pm. Only half an hour into it and less than an hour until my appointment. I was in the plateau stage, and it was a race against the clock to start coming down before I had to leave the house.

I became stressed out. I paced my house in worry, it was very unpleasant. I decided to go outside and clean the weeds on the front lawn. I did this effortlessly. Work was no longer a chore and it felt amazing to be outside. But after about twenty minutes I was back upstairs pacing, then it struck me:

Where did I leave my weed?

My heart began racing. I had put it on a shelf but didn't have any memory of doing so and searched my room frantically for it. I began babbling to myself, running around the house before falling on my bed, headfirst into the pillow telling myself to calm down. I had an appointment, but I couldn't leave the house because my mother (yeah yeah) would be home by 4 and I NEEDED to know where that damned box was.

My eyes drifted across the room until they set on the small black box safely on the shelf. I let out a deranged little giggle.

I kept thinking. It was about 2:45 now and my high was nowhere near complete. I started reading random bookmarks on the internet to see if I could pay attention to anything I was reading. Not very much luck. I began writing a random paragraph to document this high.

The anxiety began coming a third time when I realized I needed to talk to someone on the phone about this 'appointment'. I had never needed to be sober more in my life. At around 3:15 I made the call. It went well but I barely remember a word.

The appointment was cancelled, which meant I was able to concentrate on coming down until 4. I began watching movies, in order to see if I had become any less high. It was around 3:45pm that I finally started coming down. When people actually started coming home from work I felt I could comfortably talk to them. However I also realized after one dialogue that I had begun babbling slightly about things that made no sense and I quickly shut myself up. I spent the rest of this evening in my room just waiting for it all to wear off and taking advantage of how hard a worker I was while high and how easy and fun work seemed to me.

It is now 10:47pm, nearly 9 hours after I smoked my last bowl, and I'm still a little buzzed. I am actually convinced that I won't become fully sober until the morning.

In retrospect I realize how hilarious this is (or maybe it's my high talking), and I've become more respectful of cannabis as a result. I find it funny also how coherent I can be while under the influence, and how even though this is not an experience regarding shrooms, it is just as exciting (I think).

To close, I have a question that popped into my head about a trip I will be taking with shrooms in the near future for the first time:

1) Is it just my set and setting that caused this paranoia? I'm almost certain it is. Usually the setting I get high in allows for absolutely no anxiety, except when I am lighting up in an open park outside and cars come around. My question is:

If I am relaxed prior to the shrooms, will I become paranoid for other reasons? Will I ever lose sight of the fact that it is the drug making me panic? I'll be taking just one gram, btw.

Anyway, thanks for reading - and all comments are appreciated.

Edited by phaust (12/19/06 09:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDepressionSeeker
Learner

Re: Never-ending Paranoia Pot Trip. [Re: phaust]
    #6388271 - 12/19/06 09:24 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

your paranoia most likely came from the obligation you had. one rule I tried to live by when I smoked pot a lot was never to smoke if I had something important to do, it's just stupid. oh and your pot isn't going to go stale in a day, or week, or month...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder