Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrugDude
Stranger
First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf..
    #6387935 - 12/19/06 08:01 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

So.. This past saturday me and a few of my friends who had shroomed before decided to shroom. I, having never done it before was a bit nervous / skeptical regardless I ate the 1.5 grams of psilocybin.. and well....

On the come up i was nervous and anxious as i didn't know what to expect. My hands were sweating and such... This continued, as the trip started to kick in the more afraid i became.. My negative emotions like fear, and sadness were greatly intensified.I was slightly hallucinating but it was nothing that great. I felt as though I was cold, but not really I didn't know if I was cold or not and this bothered me throughout most of the trip. I began to feel trapped in time and eternity, the clock seemed to never move. At times i was overwhelmed with very bad feeling emotions. We stayed inside our dorm the whole time and it was freaking me out.. I tried hard to calm myself and slowly I came out of the trip after 3 - 4 hours and began to feel a little better and enjoy it. Then, my friends suggested I take a bong rip with kief on top.
So I did. I began to feel stoned and enjoy it however about 20 mins later I started to feel like I was having a bad trip again and felt the effects of the shrooms. The anxiety and sweaty palms kicked in again and I was paranoid and nervous as a result.. I started to see rainbow patterns on the walls and when i closed my eyes. I was seeing weird colors and things off in my peripheral vision and it wasn't that great nor was I enjoying it.. I ended up going to sleep feeling horrible, with chills and a headache. The next day my headache continued and to some extent i felt like the trauma from the bad trip was still with me. I had recurring feelings of anxiety and nausea. I smoked pot the next day and it brought me back almost, i began to feel anxious and had sweaty palms and did not really enjoy the high as I used to. Anyways, still now I am getting sweaty palms and anxiety 2 days after this horrible experience... I went to a doctor and explained to him and even told my parents because it worried me so much. I hope can I overcome this eventually and I hope i will be able to enjoy pot once again as I once did... Im curious to see if anyone can relate to this ? Is this normal or what? Will i ever be able to smoke pot , will the recurring anxiety and nausea in everyday life eventually subside overtime or is my mind permanently messed up?

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks and sorry for the long explanation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezootroid
Stranger
Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: DrugDude]
    #6387960 - 12/19/06 08:07 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I've done mushrooms a bunch of times. My last two trips however were bad ones for me. Since then smoking pot hasn't been the same. I'm ok with a tiny hit. Anymore then it feels like I've been hit in the head with a brick of anxiety lol. Not cool. This is more than a year after the fact.

My suggestion is wait a few months and take it really slowly from there. If it still persists, wait longer. If it always seems the same, I say get use to it like I;m trying to or just don't smoke anymore.

Sorry about your bad trip, I know, it sucks :frown:

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #6387962 - 12/19/06 08:08 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Just relax. You had a bad trip. This isn't a unique experience, happens to the best of us.

You just needed to tell yourself that it was the drugs. I also have a hunch you had too many expectations or were anticipating it too much, and then when the mushies showed their face, you didn't know how to react.

Fear not though. Take a break. Do some research on mushrooms and other psychadelics and their effects on the human mind/body.

Also, 1.5 grams isn't much, but don't let that fool you. I hear stories of people having their most profound experiences on small doses.

Anyways, best of luck to you, please don't be totally turned off from mushrooms because of this one bad incident.

PS: what was the setting like when you began to get "the fear"? Setting is always a huge issue, specially when it's not that recognizable of a problem.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: Syle]
    #6387972 - 12/19/06 08:10 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

lol, also, after my bad trips, it took a long while for weed to feel "right" again if that makes any sense.

I get waves of anxiety sometimes after a bad trip when I smoke weed. It's that altered state of mind. Just try to relax and just go with the flow. Let the substances take you.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Loc: The Border of Reality
    #6387983 - 12/19/06 08:12 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Give the drugs a break. Let yourself stabilize and cleanse itself. Drink lots of water and rest.

You shouldn't have recurring nausea, although I can see it might be tied to the anxiety. Just be strong and talk yourself out of it. It should be easier to "rationalize" away your anxiety when sober.

--------------------
nystagmus dopamine guru inverted pop culture love scars of sorrow fleshy synesthesia hippie farts perpetual tinnitus
Reclaim the Swastika!

Offlinezootroid
Stranger
    #6387985 - 12/19/06 08:12 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
Just relax. You had a bad trip. This isn't a unique experience, happens to the best of us.

You just needed to tell yourself that it was the drugs. I also have a hunch you had too many expectations or were anticipating it too much, and then when the mushies showed their face, you didn't know how to react.

Fear not though. Take a break. Do some research on mushrooms and other psychadelics and their effects on the human mind/body.

Also, 1.5 grams isn't much, but don't let that fool you. I hear stories of people having their most profound experiences on small doses.

Anyways, best of luck to you, please don't be totally turned off from mushrooms because of this one bad incident.

PS: what was the setting like when you began to get "the fear"? Setting is always a huge issue, specially when it's not that recognizable of a problem.

For sure man, my last trip I tripped on no more than maybe a golfball size worth of shroom dust (no idea how much that is) and I was shit faced just a little more than an hour 1/2 into the trip. I spent until the remainder of the trip fighting (which I now know not to) the shrooms because I was so scared that this time I wouldn't come back if I let go. :frown:  I was definitly not expecting this kind of trip from that much because I've eaten way more than that in one sitting. I'm assuming since it was already finely grinded down, it absorbed much faster. *shrug*

OfflineDrugDude
Stranger
    #6387990 - 12/19/06 08:14 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

The setting was a dorm suite. My trip was between the common room where i would either watch TV or play mario kart 64 neither of which were too enjoyable while tripping and my room which is really where the fear began. I remember sitting at my desk and look at my computer and not really liking it, it looked strange and different. Everything seemed unfamiliar and new and i think the whole experience really caught me off guard... I just hope i can fully recover and be normal again without these bouts of anxiety that remind of the bad experience.. And before this i was a daily pot smoker, now.. : / .. How about alcohol? I haven't drank in 2 weeks but will that bring me back to the trip if I get drunk or what?..

Offlinezootroid
Stranger
    #6388004 - 12/19/06 08:18 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Try it out and see, believe it or not, drinking for me was not the same at first. It felt like I was drunk physically but not mentally. Does that make sense?

However, now drinking is pretty much normal again for me :smile:  I'm happy about that atleast lol

OfflineDrugDude
Stranger
Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: zootroid]
    #6388008 - 12/19/06 08:19 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Just curious - how long after your trip did you wait before you drank?

Offlinezootroid
Stranger
    #6388023 - 12/19/06 08:23 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Umm, I don't remember to be honest. It probably wasn't long. Hell I was dumb enough to do acid a few months later. That went by ok though. But I remember, in a few months after drinking still wasnt the same.

Know what though, don't think about this when you drink, it was probably my thinking that caused all this stuff anyways. *shrug*

If you party at new years, drink then and see, just try to have a good time and not think about the past. :smile:  Everything is normal until I start thinking about the bad anyways.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

#6388024 - 12/19/06 08:23 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DrugDude said:
The setting was a dorm suite. My trip was between the common room where i would either watch TV or play mario kart 64 neither of which were too enjoyable while tripping and my room which is really where the fear began. I remember sitting at my desk and look at my computer and not really liking it, it looked strange and different. Everything seemed unfamiliar and new and i think the whole experience really caught me off guard... I just hope i can fully recover and be normal again without these bouts of anxiety that remind of the bad experience.. And before this i was a daily pot smoker, now.. : / .. How about alcohol? I haven't drank in 2 weeks but will that bring me back to the trip if I get drunk or what?..

Okay, this is just MY experience on everything you just said there.

GO OUTSIDE! Nature, and the world around you is amazing while tripping. You will stand in awe in its presence. Playing video games and sitting in front of a computer is a trip not well spent imo.

To be totally honest, I still haven't recovered from my bad trips. But "Recovered" is a subjective term. In my mind I haven't returned to normal (normal = the way I was before the mushies opened my eyes/mind). I have only progressed from where I was after the bad trip. I learned from it. I forced my awareness to keep expanding by learning and teaching myself new things. So, in my opinion either embrace this new found madness and become a more-enlightened individual, or keep fighting it.

Onto the alcohol...i found that, after drinking a few beers, and then smoking (reminder, this is post bad mushroom trip), I felt ALOT better while high. I was able to control things better and not get that anxiety. Then I slowly stopped drinking bit by bit before I smoked, and now I can smoke freely now without getting anxiety.

Hope that helps, but just remember, this is just me I am talking about; different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.

--------------------

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
    #6388029 - 12/19/06 08:24 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Never fight the substances you agreed to enter your body, you WILL come back.

I dont know if you were ready for the experience, the weed you smoked brought back the stronger effects of the mushrooms and you got scared.

Ive had two bad trips, but you have to realise that its a learning experience, you need to see assimilate the experience, and not go into the trip thinking it MUST BE GOOD OTHERWISE.

What are you scared of?

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Offlinezootroid
Stranger
    #6388034 - 12/19/06 08:26 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
Quote:

DrugDude said:

Okay, this is just MY experience on everything you just said there.

GO OUTSIDE! Nature, and the world around you is amazing while tripping. You will stand in awe in its presence. Playing video games and sitting in front of a computer is a trip not well spent imo.

To be totally honest, I still haven't recovered from my bad trips. But "Recovered" is a subjective term. In my mind I haven't returned to normal (normal = the way I was before the mushies opened my eyes/mind). I have only progressed from where I was after the bad trip. I learned from it. I forced my awareness to keep expanding by learning and teaching myself new things. So, in my opinion either embrace this new found madness and become a more-enlightened individual, or keep fighting it.

Onto the alcohol...i found that, after drinking a few beers, and then smoking (reminder, this is post bad mushroom trip), I felt ALOT better while high. I was able to control things better and not get that anxiety. Then I slowly stopped drinking bit by bit before I smoked, and now I can smoke freely now without getting anxiety.

Hope that helps, but just remember, this is just me I am talking about; different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.

Interesting, I'll have to give that a try for sure! In the last little while I remember just doing that once. I only had a hit but I was pretty fucked up from it. But it went over fine.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: blacksun]
    #6388035 - 12/19/06 08:26 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

blacksun said:

What are you scared of?

I am gonna remember that quote the next time I trip.

Should bring an onslaught of introspective-goodness (translated: horrors upon horrors upon horrors for the rest of eternity  :smile:  )

--------------------

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#6388037 - 12/19/06 08:26 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DrugDude said:
I ate the 1.5 grams of psilocybin..

No you didn't...

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineDrugDude
Stranger
    #6388039 - 12/19/06 08:26 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the advice.. A few hours ago i was feeling nausea and hardly could finish my dinner. Now i'm feeling much better. The less i think about it and the more time passes the more I will forget. It just takes time to pass I assume. 1.5 grams of shrooms containing psilocybin rather.

Edited by DrugDude (12/19/06 08:27 PM)

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6388041 - 12/19/06 08:27 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

lol, wha...?

--------------------

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

#6388047 - 12/19/06 08:28 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DrugDude said:
Thanks for the advice.. A few hours ago i was feeling nausea and hardly could finish my dinner. Now i'm feeling much better. The less i think about it and the more time passes the more I will forget. It just takes time to pass I assume.

Actually, I am going to repose the question that blacksun posed.

Answer this truthfully.

What exactly are you afraid of?

--------------------

Offlinezootroid
Stranger
Re: First Time Shrooming = Bad Trip + pot.. wtf.. [Re: blacksun]
    #6388053 - 12/19/06 08:29 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

blacksun said:
Never fight the substances you agreed to enter your body, you WILL come back.

I dont know if you were ready for the experience, the weed you smoked brought back the stronger effects of the mushrooms and you got scared.

Ive had two bad trips, but you have to realise that its a learning experience, you need to see assimilate the experience, and not go into the trip thinking it MUST BE GOOD OTHERWISE.

What are you scared of?

I'm not afraid of anything right now, however once you get into that mindset, you don't always think clearly. Often when I get there I tell myself I'm ok, nothing's going to happen. But that one night I completely obliterated myself by freaking out big time and wanted nothing but for it to stop. To this day, I don't know what happens if you give in and just lay there. Will you slowly come back to existance without constantly re-entering the high level of consciousness? Or is this something that you need to know how to get yourself out of?

I'm not sure if I worded that properly or not. I'll retype it if you don't understand :P

OfflineTMshroom
one
    #6388056 - 12/19/06 08:30 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

You weed high will never be teh same again. You either get used to it or keep freaking out or quit. People have to understand this, and do research before they trip. Now even tho the outcome of the trip cannot be predicted, nervousness and second thoughts is a no-no sign for shroom takin. Was it peer pressure?

And im sorry but you sound liek a punk, 2 days later you run off and tell everybody what happened like a little punk bitch. How about talkin with people who have done shrooms about this before talkin to your doctor or your parents. I wonder how long this will keep happening before one of those "parents" starts yet another BS propoganda campaing against drugs.

How do you think all these MOTHERS AGAINST DRUGS/ALCOHOL/TOBACCO/VIOLENT GAMES andso on came about

People take no responsibilty for their actions, you got what u asked for, punk bitch

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag