Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemojophone
what's a great material for making prints on?
    #636180 - 05/19/02 07:14 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I know any paper can technically be used, but I've received prints on index cards where all the spores have come off the paper (messy). Wax paper seems better, but is there a pre-sterilized kind? Or aluminum foil, just heat in the oven first, huh?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what's a great material for making prints on? [Re: mojophone]
    #636188 - 05/19/02 07:24 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Index Cards are typically not used much anymore for the reason you just stated. This may or may not be beaten by letting the print dry for an addition 24 hours before folding up (which I now do on all print mediums because it makes it easier to scrape the spores) but:

Aluminum foil is good. You could heat it in the oven but I just whipe it down with rubbing alcohol!
I also use waxed paper (very easy to scrape off spores) and just rub down with rubbing alcohol also).

Now, i'm going to go fold up and store the two Malabar prints I just made. Left for 36 hours (very dark) and let dry for 24. Should be some great prints! w00p!

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #636216 - 05/19/02 07:52 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Foil is best.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #636629 - 05/19/02 02:41 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Alum foil is the BEST!!!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineUHID
enthusiast
Loc: IL
    #636746 - 05/19/02 04:11 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

foil is definitely my favorite method. i've also heard playing cards work well, but i've never used one myself. i like using the ol' alcohol wipedown, and both of those are good candidates for that kind of cleaning.

i like to use a big sheet that's much larger than the print, then put the print dead center. since i use foil, i just sort of fold over and crimp the edges to seal it (in lieu of tape like you would use with a paper print). then, when i want to use it, i wipe the bottom of the print with alcohol and cut the edges off the print, so i know the only remaining surfaces are the bottom (which i just cleaned) and the side with the print that hopefully was still sterile since being sealed initially.

(note: the reason i cut it out is because the edges are all wrinkled and crimped from being folded over, and i figure those crevices can hold nasty things that i might miss with the alcohol swab)

take care! sorry to be so long-winded on a simple question...
-bizarro

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
    #636789 - 05/19/02 04:47 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

not to be redundent, but foil. i recieved a print a lil while ago, sent on paper w/ the sides taped. ALL the spores slid off the paper, and where stuck to the tape. i got 0 spores from it, not even enough for a single syringe

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Anonymous

Re: what's a great material for making prints on? [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #636813 - 05/19/02 05:23 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Did anybody mention foil? I find that to be the best!

Cut to size and place on middle rack in oven. Just a few minutes at around 300 degrees will do the trick.

Try not to krinkle it to much.

OfflineUHID
enthusiast
Loc: IL
    #636821 - 05/19/02 05:27 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

heh, that sounds just like a lot of the paper prints i've received. purple tape at the edges - then you open it up - where'd the print go?

take care!
-bizarro

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: what's a great material for making prints on? [Re: UHID]
    #636832 - 05/19/02 05:41 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

dont it about piss you off too? lol wouldnt be so bad if the paper they made it on was a twenty!

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#636924 - 05/19/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by mndfreeze

Anonymous

#636930 - 05/19/02 07:33 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Foil Please!

Anonymous

#638237 - 05/20/02 04:56 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Wax paper works fine, as well. Spores don't get on the tape if it is sealed properly. It doesn't tear, it doesn't wrinkle, it is lighter, and you can actually see the print on the paper before opening it.

To each his own.

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
    #638486 - 05/20/02 10:24 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I actually prefer paper, for personal use anyway. It's easier to see the spores, and doesn't crumple up while you're trying to scrape them off. Foil prints do seen to survive the postal system a lot better though, so I've moved to foil for trades etc.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

InvisibleWe_come_in_peace
old hand

Loc: Alpha Centauri
    #638531 - 05/21/02 12:26 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I take foil squares place them in the oven cook the shit out of them then let them cool. Then I place a cap on each square and cover with a glass or 1/2 pint jar right in the oven. Works for me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom