Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
remember in Fight Club, where he says "allnew space discoveries will be named by corporations" ?
    #6380947 - 12/17/06 08:16 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyCares
Whatever and ever, amen
Male

Loc: Brilliance/Insanity
Re: remember in Fight Club, where he says "allnew space discoveries will be named by corporations" ? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6380955 - 12/17/06 08:18 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome to the Pepsi galaxy.

--------------------
The story goes, or the way that I was told
There was a king that always felt too high and then he fell too low
And so he called all the wise men to the hall
And begged them for a gift to end the rises and the falls
But here’s the thing, they came back with a ring
It was simple and was plainly unbefitting of a king
Engraved in black, it had no front or back
But there were words around the band that said
Just know: This Too Shall Pass

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

Re: remember in Fight Club, where he says "allnew space discoveries will be named by corporations" ? [Re: NobodyCares]
    #6381017 - 12/17/06 08:29 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

This is probably the most viciously depressing thing I've ever read

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

OfflineHityedye
AlbinoRhinoPaleAle
 User Gallery
Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: remember in Fight Club, where he says "allnew space discoveries will be named by corporations" ? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #6381028 - 12/17/06 08:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

in my opinion, that movie spoke more truth than that of the bible about modern day society. i wish i knew who wrote the story

--------------------
were all on drugs, all of the time. Those not getting this simple fact are sorely unaware of, not only the essential mechanisims of organic motion and their relations to psycopharmacology, but the wisperings of their own existence.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: remember in Fight Club, where he says "allnew space discoveries will be named by corporations" ? [Re: Hityedye]
    #6381030 - 12/17/06 08:33 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Chuck Palahunic

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineHityedye
AlbinoRhinoPaleAle
 User Gallery
Re: remember in Fight Club, where he says "allnew space discoveries will be named by corporations" ? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6381042 - 12/17/06 08:34 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

thanks man, i will remember that. what do think about what that story had to tell?

--------------------
were all on drugs, all of the time. Those not getting this simple fact are sorely unaware of, not only the essential mechanisims of organic motion and their relations to psycopharmacology, but the wisperings of their own existence.

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#6381047 - 12/17/06 08:35 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Phalanuick

Actually I'm almost certain no one can spell his name via memory

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: remember in Fight Club, where he says "allnew space discoveries will be named by corporations" ? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #6381057 - 12/17/06 08:37 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

yeah its hard to remember, i knew that i had it wrong, but its the thought that counts :smile:

he tells a good story, but i still debate what the overall message was...

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#6381107 - 12/17/06 08:44 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Probably something silly like individualism and hoew society as a whole tends to fail everyone

--------------------

OfflineNobodyCares
Whatever and ever, amen
Male

#6381130 - 12/17/06 08:49 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Society tries to please everyone all the time, and that usually ends up pleasing nobody. I think the movie had a valid point, if that's what its point was.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: remember in Fight Club, where he says "allnew space discoveries will be named by corporations" ? [Re: NobodyCares]
    #6381136 - 12/17/06 08:50 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

really, you get to take your own meaning from it.

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineHityedye
AlbinoRhinoPaleAle
 User Gallery
    #6381145 - 12/17/06 08:52 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

do you guys know that song during the very end,and credits. i belive its Primus but im not sure

--------------------

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

Re: remember in Fight Club, where he says "allnew space discoveries will be named by corporations" ? [Re: Hityedye]
    #6381149 - 12/17/06 08:53 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

The Pixies- Where is my mind

The only thing I've every really enjoyed from them, to be honest

--------------------

OfflineNobodyCares
Whatever and ever, amen
Male

#6381151 - 12/17/06 08:53 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, that's a good point. I really liked that movie, but to be honest I never really sat back and thought about exactly what I got out of it. :shrug:
Something came from watching that movie that was worth my while, I'm sure.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#6381153 - 12/17/06 08:54 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

apparently its the pixies

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineHityedye
AlbinoRhinoPaleAle
 User Gallery
    #6381164 - 12/17/06 08:56 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i do believe that is very true Capatalistic nomad, your own meaning. Its not right but it surely is NOT wrong, but none of that even matters anyway.

--------------------

OfflineHityedye
AlbinoRhinoPaleAle
 User Gallery
    #6381174 - 12/17/06 08:57 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

no way?????? the pixies your kidding right?? i can here les claypool in that song, the only reason i ask is because i wonder what album it is from.

--------------------

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#6381184 - 12/17/06 08:59 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I think it's Surfer Rosa but I could be wrong

And capitalism is the ism everyone loves to hate

--------------------

OfflineNobodyCares
Whatever and ever, amen
Male

#6381199 - 12/17/06 09:01 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I love capitalism! I don't understand why everyone hates on it.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#6381204 - 12/17/06 09:02 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

indeed, im harnessing it for my own agenda, which is anti capatalistic at heart.

the real question, is once i have succeded in being a capatalist, will i still be wililling and able to persue my anti-capatalistic agenda when it desstroys all i have worked to create?

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom