Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Loc: Next door to you
How to tweak your 6th sense!
    #637974 - 05/20/02 02:10 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

***WARNING-THIS IS NOT FOR THE WEAK OF MIND***

for a long time now, i have been reading books on body language. its a very interesting subject. many people really dont seem to completely grasp it, until you learn it, then prove it to yourself. i put a warning up, simply because if you are of weak of mind, and ever wanna trip around your friends or sit in a room comfortably, then this is not for your eyes!

ok, on amazon.com a few months ago, i brought 2 books "how to read a person like a book" and "body language" right now i dont have the authors names, but i can find out for people if they are interested. just go to amazon and search for those 2 names. the one you should really get is "how to read a person like a book" its only 5-10 dollars, worth every penny if you ask me.
Anyways, in this book, it talks about why people do certain things. now what makes this so intense on a thinkers mind, is not only does it tell why people do certain things when they think a certain why, but it shows WHAT THEY DO!!! it gives a detailed picture, and a brief definition of what someone is thinking, while the picture shows what kind of stance-like postion they are in.
for a few examples:
1. did you know if your legs are crossed, that is a sign of a defensive gesture or more of a postion, which means something that crossed your mind, has put your subconcious in a defensive state.
2. if you are talking to someone, and they are kind of pulling down on thier ear lob gently, that is a interpret guesture- they are trying to comprehend what you are saying.
3. and for a last one, if you see someone pinching the inside of thier palm, then they're subconcious is asking "is this real?" and they are pinching themselves, subconciously, like as to wake themselves up.
These are just a few minior )and prolly not good ) examples.
so anyways, while i read this book, i was working as a telemarketer, in a room with 200+ people all the time, i would look at a picture, and then try to spot someone in the same position, and once i got good, i started watching other teles talking on the phone from far away, and looked for signs that would show me what they were thinking, to my suprise, and DISBELIEF i was close or right most of the time, and the more i did it, the more i started to realize to incorperate style as a factor! it sounds nuts, but i can sit in a room, and read my friends thoughts, and screw with thier head if they are really f*cked up! and when i watch stuff on cnn, i point out shit all the time!
well it sounds like babble, but if 1 person out there appreciates this, then i didnt waste my time, for everyone that read this much, i suggest you look into these books, borrow/buy/steal what ever. but i warn you, you will start to catch stuff thier subconcious sends out, that most people totally miss, and its very weird. also, you will notice yourself doing many of the things, that the books say. also in the book body language, it teachs about timming/syncronization too. very interesting.
Ok, if your interested, P.M. ill will help you in anyway i can. its all about the experience.
peace
rain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: How to tweak your 6th sense! [Re: rain_angel]
    #638005 - 05/20/02 02:50 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like an interesting book...

the best thing to do is just watch people and listen to your intuition. reading people isn't really that tough at all. plus if you watch people and think "this means this" you won't always be right, because different people do things for different reasons. just take it all in and let it work on its own...

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Re: How to tweak your 6th sense! [Re: Anonymous]
    #638182 - 05/20/02 04:30 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

oh yea of course, nothing can be set in stone, with stuff like this, its really interesting to have verification on certain things though. its nothing to really base your life around, but it is quite interesting to go into the psychological side of how people function, you might can learn something about you, and someone else. if your interested in it, i would check it out on the net!
peace
rain

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #638354 - 05/20/02 06:49 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I can believe it.
When I play basketball( Im a point guard) I can tell from the look in my opponents eyes whether he's conscious at that moment or not. If he's not, I can can put the ball on the floor and take him off the dribble, or pass the ball to someone open. Consciousness, like everything else is on/off .

Catch them when they're off.

The great danger lies in using that knowledge to manipulate.
You can lose your love for people fast, seeing them as robots, not people.
I think the trick is to discover your OWN blind sides and let some balance come from that.
We all have them. It is the hardest thing to point them out to friends without pissing them off.
You have to use some love or go to the dark side.

That's one thing I'm "teaching myself" now. Rather than exploit anothers blind side, show it to them in a playful way. Before the europeans arrived in North America, many native american tribes would substitute play for war. They would ride horseback against their enemy, and touch them with a stick, thus showing their opponent their blind side rather than using that knowledge to kill them.
I think that's the right spirit.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #638396 - 05/20/02 07:27 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I'm glad this wasn't really a post on some "sixth sense".

Thanks for posting that- a topic that I haven't yet read up on, very cool stuff.
It is true that it isn't always that accurate. You have to look at a combination of different signs, just focusing on one sign can throw you off. I think I read people pretty good in person, but I don't really analyze it much... I just sort of feel it. I would like to hone this ability more though. Can you recommend a specific author/book title?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #638951 - 05/21/02 08:27 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

If you enjoy this sort of thing, you should look into graphology (the study of handwriting). It is amazing how accurate a persons handwriting relects their personality. Basically handwriting is a window into the inner workings of the writers brain.... just like body language can be.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Anonymous

#639137 - 05/21/02 10:50 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

A psychologists once told me that not only does body language tell you what a person is thinking, but the way they move their eyes can also give you a clue. He gave me a brief overview, but again nothing is set in stone.. but goes something like this:

They move eyes upwards they are constructing something or analyzing something.. like doing a math problem or figuring something out. Some people look upwards when they are "constructing" a lie.

Look to the left or to the right can represent them looking into the future or past. Like asking a person about their childhood and watch which directions their eyes move, and then ask them what they think they will be doing in ten years and see what direction it goes again.

Looking down usually means an emotional memory or analyzing yourself. Asking someone about how they feel about their parents and chances are likely they will look down... or up if they are making something up.

None of this is absolutely applicable in every circumstance, but I have found that for the most part, it works. Just watching a person's eyes can tell you a lot about that person, as well as body language. Again, the results aren't going to be the same with every person, but there is a definate pattern regarding eye movement and thought process.

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Re: How to tweak your 6th sense! [Re: ]
    #639184 - 05/21/02 11:23 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

thats a good idea, looking into hand writing, i think i will check up on that. i guess your right, its not really a 6th sense, but in a way it is, since our language has pretty much made body language a little duller, since its not really something that needs to be used. the eyes are one of my main points i look at. i was always told the eyes never lie, but this is true to some degree. everyone can read people, to a certain degree, just some better than others. reading up on body language is a good way to fine tune your skill. and as a post earlier said, you should look at all things going, those are called "clusters" which are basically a bunch of signs put together, which helps pinpoint a little better. as for a author, one of my friends has my book right now, just go to amazon.com and look up "body language" or "how to read a person like a book" its a little cheap white book, with tons of knowledge in it! it really is fun to look into stuff like this, its stuff everyone does, and knows something about. like i say, if your really interested, P.M. me , and ill try to get it back from my buddy. sometimes, at work (we work as hosts of a large resturant) we stand at the host stand, and point out stuff we see, its quite fun if you can get a few others to play with you!
peace
rain

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
    #639499 - 05/21/02 04:26 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

just a quick note, ive got a few emails about the books i read, the one "how to read a person like a book" is easy to find, the other one i read is called: "teach yourself body language" writen by Gordon r. Wainwright, published by NTC publishing group.
peace
rain

OfflineChikhai
Loc: Florida
    #639596 - 05/21/02 06:10 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, this entire thing is called 'figuring someone out' or 'analyzing someone.' It's an acid thing =) It's pretty simple really, you watch someone and you create an image in your mind (something exagerated) which personificates the hole of that person. It's a game I played for a long time... too stessful though. I figured it's a waste of my time, even though it's semi-automatic for me now. It drives me nuts sometimes, because I'll start seeing little patterns in what people do and it gets annoying after a little while...

--------------------
"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf wife.

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Re: How to tweak your 6th sense! [Re: Chikhai]
    #639604 - 05/21/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

yea i totally support chickhai. ive noticed that after i tryed to stop noticing, i cant! thats why i felt i should put a warning up, because some times, it screws me up. it is a game, or like a game, and i figure that chickhai and people like me and him/her see it this way, thats why we learned to analize in depth. its fun, but its like once you go, you cant turn back! *scary music*
peace
rain

Anonymous

Re: How to tweak your 6th sense! [Re: Chikhai]
    #639609 - 05/21/02 06:20 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I know what you are saying...

It was always a natural thing for me, but after I got big into acid I became overly aware of it. Eventualy it consumed my mind and it got VERY stressful. It was hard to even stay in conversation sometimes, because you have this unspoken conversation that you are working on hearing.

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Re: How to tweak your 6th sense! [Re: Anonymous]
    #639661 - 05/21/02 07:17 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

totally smack, thats again, why the warning, i hate that, like alot sometimes. got any ways that you can kinda forget about it? or atleast "suppress" it? it is weird, if im in a conversation, and say something, and like if i see my friend cross his arms, then it blows me off track, and i even froget what i was saying! crazy stuff this world has. it is kinda helpful to me though, in some ways, in some ways, screwed me!
peace
rain

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder