Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePercocet
Stranger
thought about new vendor rules
    #636729 - 05/19/02 03:59 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

hey i know must of you don't know me since i don't post too much.....basically cuz i'm still a 'neophyte' if you will.........but i think thor has a point in doing what he's doing. i mean i do have respect for all y'all b/c w/o you so many ppl would not have the opportunity to get involved in this great hobby. But you also have to realize that a lot of work and money goes into this site, and you guys being vendors should realize that as a business, advertisement costs money. Thor and the others who help, sorry i'm still not real familiar with a lot of you guys . But he, they, whatever have provided you with a medium to promote your business, basically it's like online commercials, w/o this site i think a lot of your business would disappear but hey i could be wrong. So i mean like i said i think you guys all have a good thing going, but as with any business, you gotta pay for advertising and i'm not sure what the costs would be but hey, i'd help out with the little (very little) financial resources i could offer so plz don't let this turn into a flame war or anything but just my thoughts......thanks and peace y'all!

--------------------
~*Alcohol, Helping white people dance since 1874*~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: thought about new vendor rules [Re: Percocet]
    #636786 - 05/19/02 04:41 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

one of my biggest concerns is this will drift into the spore exchange. i know your sposed to TRADE their, but ive BOUGHT more spores there, than i have from the venders... i hope thor & co. make enough monies off the venders, to not make a "no trading for cash" and at the same time, if he doesnt, is this fair for the venders?
i dont see why the sudden worry about cash is being expressed now, only a few weeks ago, the post's were" everything is great at the shroomery. we are financially set. southern gent even offered to help out if there was a problem, but thor assured everyone things are fine, all i can see is the venders themselves are whining, guess the banner they get to display( extra advertising), isnt good enough for their donations, they want exclusive rights to sell their spores/products. how long before they start whining about INDIVIDUALS selling prints, and taking their business?.........i'm not bitchin, just looking out for the us, the ones who really make a difference here, the visiters and members. without us, there would be know need for venders....something everyone seems to be overlooking.

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Anonymous

Re: thought about new vendor rules [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #637249 - 05/20/02 05:01 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Ya, and the people whining don't even contribute any helpful information. They are just here to make money off people.

I'd like to know just how much money is needed to keep this place afloat. Obviously they are now making a profit.

Too many people here now at all levels who are only in it for the money. It's no longer about spreading information, it's all about making money and the shroomery will never be the same.

Next up, mods who will want a piece of the pie for doing thier job...

OfflineUHID
enthusiast
Loc: IL
Re: thought about new vendor rules [Re: ]
    #637608 - 05/20/02 09:25 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i think the sudden influx of new 'vendors' (can any schmuck selling prints be called a vendor?) is probably the reason rather than the financial question. if a handful of vendors are paying for advertising, and every day a new 'spore guy' pops up and throws a big ad in his signature (and posts 100 times a day to saturate the board), why would a vendor want to keep paying for advertising?

i think it's a good idea.

take care! stay safe...
-bizarro

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: thought about new vendor rules [Re: UHID]
    #637784 - 05/20/02 11:19 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

can any schmuck selling prints be called a vendor?

no, anyone can be a vender who saves up $150 dollars for advertising spot, few prints, and some sterile syringes. a banner doesnt make a vender.......and some of the new ones ive seen, demonstrates this perfectly

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

OfflineUHID
enthusiast
Loc: IL
Re: thought about new vendor rules [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #637944 - 05/20/02 01:37 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

oh, i agree that a banner does not a vendor make, but it definitely cuts down on how many advertisements we have to see. it seems like every day a new 'spore vendor' pops up. it's bad enough as it is, if they don't stop it somehow, you're going to have to sift through tons of shit to find any worthwhile information...

"where have all the flowers gone...."

take care! see ya around...
-bizarro

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale