Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecbull
enthusiast
when heating whats more important?
    #637643 - 05/20/02 09:52 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

ok this is my? when u are heating your grow chamber whats more important to the mushrooms when u heat the air or if u heat the subtrate? or do u do this in a stage from birth heat the subtrate from pinning heat air which do the mushrooms need most or do ppl heat the air cause its easier then tring to heat the subtrate?

--------------------
FAPA - Member Since -5-21-2002

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: when heating whats more important? [Re: cbull]
    #637658 - 05/20/02 10:02 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

you want it to be warmer during the incubation period, when the mycelium is colonizing the substrate. the temperature drop during the pinning stage is one of the things which help your mush plant to fruit... the other two being light and fresh air exchange.

to heat your jars, you can build an incubator out of two rubbermaid containers (make sure one can fit in the other). the inner container will be the chamber where your jars will be. the outer container will have a submersible aquarium heater placed on the bottom to warm a layer of water to the desired temp. then just throw some empty jars in the larger container to prop up the incubation chamber.

or you can just stick them under a warm light

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinecbull
enthusiast
Re: when heating whats more important? [Re: geokills]
    #637672 - 05/20/02 10:13 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i have a water bed heater it looks like a heating pad but with a thermostat would this be good to use if im doing a 4 feet by 5 feet casing

--------------------

Offlineanonymoushate

#637736 - 05/20/02 10:57 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Fuck no! I nearly burnt my house down a few years ago using one. It got everything nice and warm, but also started a nasty fire. I'm sure you could figure out a way to use it, but they're too dangerous for me. Good luck, and please, try not to burn your house down.

--------------------
All text in the above message, expressed or implied, is fiction.

Offlineknurd
enthusiast

Re: when heating whats more important? [Re: anonymoushate]
    #637749 - 05/20/02 11:04 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I like to see a pic of that casing 4 foot by 5 foot

--------------------
PLEASE DON'T PM ME FOR FREE SPORES I GAVE AT THE OFFICE

Now I will trade when I can

Offlinecbull
enthusiast
Re: when heating whats more important? [Re: anonymoushate]
    #637767 - 05/20/02 11:12 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

what happen that u almost burnt doen the house were u using it like u supposed to?

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #637780 - 05/20/02 11:18 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i have a waterbed at home and it has a flat pad type heater that goes under the matress. unfortunately on mine, the thermostat just clicks on/off depending on the water temperature. and where is the thermo for the water temp..? it's a copper wire running under the matress to make sure the entire matress is warm. only problem is, the heating pad in the on position will get much hoter than 86?F, which is an ideal incubation temperature. this could result in the thermal death of your spores/mycelium. unless you could find a way to dampen the heat - but fuck it, just go spend the $25 to build your own (you can probably find some of the parts around your house..)

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds