Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline3libras
Stranger

Questions about the Terrarium...
    #637727 - 05/20/02 10:52 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I've got a few questions about the Terrarium. First of all I noticed that in the Tek when they talk about making one, they mention a cooler made of plastic or stiriphome (sp?). But I've also heard other people talk about just using a rubbermade plastic condainer. Is it important to use something with insulation or not? Or is it just important to have something that seals tightly?
My other question is about the drip shield. I have an ultrasonic humidifier, and I don't know if I need a drip sheild if that's what I am using to keep the humidity up.
Once again, thanks to everybody that offers advice, without you guys I'd be lost.

--------------------
"I am just a worthless liar
I am just an imbecile
I will only complicate you
Trust in me and fall as well"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSlamDog_C
enthusiast
Re: Questions about the Terrarium... [Re: 3libras]
    #637746 - 05/20/02 11:02 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

As long as the tempurature in your room is 70-85 degrees I don't think you need to worry about insulation in your terrarium. I used a 5 gallon bucket with perlite/water in the bottom and saran wrap on the top and had no problems. The drip sheild is there to make any condensation run down to one side but if you angle your terrarium just a bit by putting a book or something under the back of it you can have the same thing happen it'll just stop droplets from forming on the lid and dropping onto your cakes or casings

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Questions about the Terrarium... [Re: 3libras]
    #637747 - 05/20/02 11:03 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Id think it depends on where you live and how cold it is in your house. My house stays around 65-70 tops. I just use a rubbermaid container, and an aquarium heater submerged in a jug of water. This brings the temps up to about 72-74. No insulation required.

A tight seal isint that necessary either, as humidity will stay high even w/o an aitight seal.

I dont use a drip shield, but some people say its neeeded. I odnno about the hultra sonic humidifier,.... Run it for a while, and if the drips become a problem, just go get some plexi glass.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix