Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRomulusguy
Grow Bag
    #636916 - 05/19/02 07:13 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hey All....
I am VERY new to growing, so I ordered one of those pre-mixed GROWTH BAGS. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these, and if they actually work?
I ordered a syringe filled with Treasure Coast. The problem is, I keep readoing about "dark" syringes...yet mine just looks like its filled with water...nothing more. Is this normal?
Also, I have a peoblem wth the tempreture. I need to get the temp p to about 90F......so to do this, I bought a heating pad...you know, the kind you put on your shoulder when it is sore? Its electric, and I figure if I wrap the box (The bag, once incoluated, will be placed in the shipping box) with the heatintg pad (Dont worry, it doesnt get anywhere NEAR hot enough to start a fire), that will take care of the heating problem.
Any suggestions or comments on the grow bags or heating methid would be greatly appreciated.
-Scott

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegratefulme

Re: Grow Bag [Re: Romulusguy]
    #636920 - 05/19/02 07:21 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Do a search on mycobag, and you will find more info than you ever wanted to know.

Edited by gratefulme (05/19/02 07:33 PM)

OfflineDaMigraine
Beats so hard itrequiresprotection
Loc: New Hampshire
    #636928 - 05/19/02 07:31 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

First off, where did you get this syringe from... Was it a vendor?? And second, I wouldn't put yer mycobags on a heating pad that is 90 degress, you will end up cooking your bags.

--------------------
I keep my posts like a bikini bottom, long enough to cover the subject... short enough to keep it interesting.

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Michigan
    #637126 - 05/20/02 01:47 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

To use a heating pad properly, I did this with my incubator setup and have not had a single issue yet. Put your heating pad in the bottom of a nice sized cooler, and get a small container and fill it with perilite and an H2O/H2O2 mix. Do not place the bags directly on the pad, I bought one of those knife/fork/spoon trays for $1, and it keeps the bags about an inch and a half off the pad. It works great, never had any problem, and yes I do use mycobags with it.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

OfflineRomulusguy
Re: Grow Bag [Re: Drummer]
    #637483 - 05/20/02 08:21 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks everyone, I WILL do a search for it.
Danny, place it in a cooler? When i ordered it, It said to place the bagm whcih comes with a sterilized grain mix, back in the shipping bopx. I was going to put it somewhere dark, and wrap the box with the heating pad. If I place it in the cooler, how will air reach it? You mentioned an AIR MIX. Is the perlite the volcanic rocks that stores water? Thanks for any and all help...I will now do a search for the bags :-)
-Scott

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #637620 - 05/20/02 09:35 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I hate seeing people use heating pads.

One of these days someone is going to burn there house down.

Please consider using a submersible aquarium heater....for the incubator.

and use a standard aquarium heater in a bottle to heat your fruiting chamber if you need extra heat in there.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblemeatman
Goner
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Underwater Lake
Re: Grow Bag [Re: Roadkill]
    #637631 - 05/20/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I looked around and I would say to put your bag into one of
these incubators. I am getting ready to make my own today.
Incubator tek

--------------------
"I don't do drugs. I am drugs." -Dali
Everything I post is a complete fabrication made for your entertainment.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: Grow Bag [Re: meatman]
    #637665 - 05/20/02 10:09 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

thats basicly the incubator i use, except, i used a plastic bin, covered in a foam mat, and i didnt cut the top, i just put a gallon pickle jar in it w/ a 100 watt aquarium heater, and its a jewel! i adjusted it twice when i made it, and now it stays between 83-85, no matter the outside temp

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures