Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
do you keep a grow notebook?
    #6374791 - 12/15/06 05:31 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i keep a notebook where i take notes on things i learn on here and things i have learned through experience. i also document all jars i inoculate,recipes,spawn and casing dates, and yield weights. anybody else do this and have any input on good information to record?

--------------------
----------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCryptix
Psilocybian
Male User Gallery

Loc: I love tits
Re: do you keep a grow notebook? [Re: odium33]
    #6374955 - 12/15/06 06:35 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I keep a couple files on my computer and in them I have the dates I check on jars/casings and what the progress is, pictures I take that are dated, when I case, inoculate, everything is documented...

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery
consists not in seeing new landscapes,
but in having new eyes."

"Small doses suck dogs cocks, smoke that shit until the elves piss in your eyes. " -Hanky

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
Trusted Cultivator
Re: do you keep a grow notebook? [Re: Cryptix]
    #6374991 - 12/15/06 06:47 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I document everything ON the jars - Im lazy though....

Of course the puter is full of favourite links etc.

OfflineSpire
Mycophagous

Re: do you keep a grow notebook? [Re: _OttO_]
    #6374997 - 12/15/06 06:50 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I used to file everything with pictures. Ended up with 3gb worth of picture data, that spanned over various grows, along with written documentation of everything going on. Each picture was numbered by the date and time, and seperated in day folders, which in turn were sectioned in stages of a grow folder, and then stacked into a individual grow folder.

Very organized.

--------------------
Old Member, New Name.

One makes "good luck".
With the ability to recognize a good opportunity.
Then, to exploit it.
-SixTango/Agar

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: do you keep a grow notebook? [Re: Spire]
    #6375000 - 12/15/06 06:53 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

heh, i feel bad now, i don't keep notes on anything.

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

Offlinetime2
Stranger
Re: do you keep a grow notebook? [Re: SapphireCat]
    #6375015 - 12/15/06 06:58 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Well if you do keep them all in one place... that way if you need to you can throw them all away and not forget any "evidence"

OfflineCryptix
Psilocybian
Male User Gallery

Loc: I love tits
Re: do you keep a grow notebook? [Re: time2]
    #6375027 - 12/15/06 07:03 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

time2 said:
Well if you do keep them all in one place... that way if you need to you can throw them all away and not forget any "evidence"

Lol, getting rid of the evidence for me if the cops came to my house would consist of throwing my laptop in the tub or something wild like that hahaha, that's not suspiscious... :rolleyes:

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery
consists not in seeing new landscapes,
but in having new eyes."

"Small doses suck dogs cocks, smoke that shit until the elves piss in your eyes. " -Hanky

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: do you keep a grow notebook? [Re: Cryptix]
    #6375161 - 12/15/06 08:10 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

thats why you keep everything under encryption...you guys should check out bestcrypt

Offlinenugjug
Wanderer

Re: do you keep a grow notebook? [Re: total]
    #6375256 - 12/15/06 08:48 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I used to not keep a notebook and would write down dates sparingly, but after having a seemingly endless run in with mold, I stopped until I moved to a new location and started over fresh being far more cautious and documenting everything.

Now all my jars are numbered or lettered by batch. I can run 10 grain jars through my PC at a time so I label them A-J, a-j, and 1-10. I put the label on the lid in sharpie and then again on the coffee filter dust cover. I find it's best to write on the coffee filters after the PC as the ink can run. The reason for this is that I shoot them up in order so that if say after jar 4 all my other jars contaminate I can kind of assume that I might need to clean the needle in the middle of my inoculation. Or like one time one of my self healing injection ports pulled out when I was withdrawing the needle so I noted that to keep an extra close eye on that jar.

I also write down recipes that I use such as what grains and at what ratios and how much dry equaled how much wet. Also what brand of ingredients went into it like what brand of peat, verm, WBS, etc. If I'm changing a procedure or trying something new I document exactly what I did. I then keep track of the day that I start seeing growth. The day that I shook the jars. The day they finished. The day I spawned. The day I cased. The day I first harvested. The day I harvested the second flush.

Basically I'm just trying to get a time line down for the strain that I'm working with so that I can kind of start to predict on average when what stage will happen. Monitor how modifications I've made in each batch turn out compared to the norm. Then when I find something that works well for me I flip to the last page and write down that particular procedure or recipe so that I'll have it for next time. Hopefully at some point I won't need to document in such detail but right now it's definitely been very beneficial.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: do you keep a grow notebook? [Re: nugjug]
    #6375665 - 12/15/06 11:04 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I have liked this idea and started two notebooks to be used as "Grow logs" but than I never really keep track of anything,I should but I never do.I do have a million shroomery links stashed in various flash drives for future reference and when ever I get enough time I am going to print out and make copies of all the teks I like

OfflineVibrate
with me

Re: do you keep a grow notebook? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6375682 - 12/15/06 11:15 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I drew up construction plans to begin with in a binded journal. Now instead of labeling jars I draw up I. D. charts.

--------------------
I love you

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds